Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #1696
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanB1 View Post

Yes....but....the..."grey"...suite....is....still....mostly.....black.

Anyway, its all academic to me as could never afford one. Nice suite just a pity about the colour.
In a lot of cases when riding, the majority of the heat comes from inside the jacket. I really dont think the colour makes that much of a difference in practice. Especially if the jacket is well vented.

Ive done my fair share of working in the Australian sun, and I dont ever remember the colour of my clothing making one iota of difference to the heat..
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #1697
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanB1 View Post

Yes....but....the..."grey"...suite....is....still....mostly.....black.

Anyway, its all academic to me as could never afford one. Nice suite just a pity about the colour.

Then.....Wear......A....."Coloured"......Vest....

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #1698
Brtp4
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,957
Know what really gets me? Have you seen how frickin' EXPENSIVE this suit is? Are they kidding? What's up with that?

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #1699
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
Know what really gets me? Have you seen how frickin' EXPENSIVE this suit is? Are they kidding? What's up with that?

BP

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #1700
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 4,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post

BP
HEY! IT'S FREAKING BLACK!!!! WHAT THE.......

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #1701
osteo OP
Motion is Life

Oddometer: 1,856
Is it really waterproof? and what is with the D30 stuff... !!

little d (alter ego to Big D)

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #1702
catalina38
Contrarian

Oddometer: 1,545
I was checking mine out and I found a couple of whale foreskin reinforcements
in the crotch and armpits

KTM 990R 500EXC
catalina38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #1703
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteo View Post
Is it really waterproof? and what is with the D30 stuff... !!

little d (alter ego to Big D)
Why would anyone put a harness and an easily accessible bladder pack in a JACKET??
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #1704
osteo OP
Motion is Life

Oddometer: 1,856
haha! we're all going to get a 'time out' for this!!

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #1705
Questor
More Undestructable

Oddometer: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteo View Post
haha! we're all going to get a 'time out' for this!!

D
And there was this time, when I was at "Banned Camp"...
Q~
Questor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #1706
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalina38 View Post
I am having issues with the fit of a first generation XL, it's got long arms and broad shoulders which is good but also this big baggy gut. I could put a basket ball in there. I can't see a way to snug it up, the belt helps a little but is this jacket really for a beer belly body? I'm 6'3" 195# 35" waist. I got a great deal on this brand new left over but it may have to go back
The second generation pants seem to have an athletic cut to them, if I had the gut to fill the jacket the pants would would never fit that body type.
Any help out there before they go back or up on the flea market?

you need a Large. I am 6'3" 205 lbs with a 34" waist and I tried the XL first and it was way too big. The Large fits much better.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #1707
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger

Oddometer: 303
I've had my rally suit now for almost two months. I wanted to ride some before I posted anything. I have the grey in XL jacket and 40reg pants. I purchased the suit from Revzilla, literally as they were being unloaded from the UPS truck. The guys at Revzilla are great and I do recommend them.

The Jacket:

My first impression was that this thing is HEAVY. Since I am short and fat (5'8" 230) the XL is a little snug, but not bad. The other thing is that it's stiff, but that is to be expected with any Gore Tex garment. Everything is beefy, and the attention to detail is amazing. It is large through the shoulders, but it's designed so you can wear a pressure suit under it if you want. Probably the most innovative feature is the harness. At first I wasn't sure about it, but after I put it on and adjusted it along with the kidney belt, well it was amazing. The harness, kidney belt, and back pad work as a unit to support the jacket. Once you put the jacket on you don't feel the weight at all. Even with the 3 liters of wanter in the bladder (almost 7 lbs) you don't feel it pulling in any way. The collar is another area that is very well done. The lining is soft and the collar itself is not too tall. It's nice not to feel like I'm being choked. Two details that I really like is the velcro tab used to keep the collar from flapping around when it's open, and the elastic adjustment tab on the back of the collar that snugs it down when it's raining out. So far the hottest I've ridden in the jacket is 70 deg F. I had all the vents open and was very comfortable. I've worn the jacket twice in the rain, and by rain I mean frog drowning gully washers. Both times the jacket kept my comfortable and dry. The only thing I don't like is the way the water tube works. The tube is very stiff and it comes out through the left chest pocket. If you keep it in that pocket you have to take your right hand off the throttle to get to it, then it is so stiff and large, that it doesn't want to go back in the pocket. When it's out of the pocket it sticks out the front of the jacket and flaps around in the wind. Hydrapak makes a little magnetic clip to help tame the tubes on their backpacks. I am going to buy one and try it on the jacket.

Pants:

Love the pants. The waist sits well below the belly button, so when you measure, do it where you wear your pants. The 40 reg fit very well except in the length. I have a 30" inseam and if I remember correctly these are 33". Non the less they are very comfortable to ride in. No bunching up, no hot spots, good mobility. I do wish I could get the knee pads a little higher, but they are as high up as they will go. The pockets are big and you can put a thick wallet in there and not notice it. Ventilation works very well too. You do have to make sure to velcro the leg bottoms close to your boot, or you will snag a peg when putting a foot down. The bottom quarter of the pants are thick leather and very stiff.

There has been an issue with my pants, and I haven't posted anything here because I wanted to see what Klim was going to do. During the first gully washer I rode through, I had water come through the crotch after about 30min of highway riding in the hard rain. I thought it was operator error on my part for not getting the zipper all the way closed. About a week later I got caught in a thunderstorm and it happened again. For $850 pants this was a fail. I called Klim and they gave me a warrantee number, and I shipped them off. Now Klim warrantees their gear for life against defects, and they advertise a 5 work day turnaround on getting the gear back to you. Today was the fifth day, and I spoke to the people at Klim. They did find a leak in the crotch seam. The seams have been re-sealed and the pants will ship back to me today. Exactly 5 work days after they got them!!!!

Conclusions:

I know for a lot of people the price of this gear is just too much. I'll admit that it was a tough pill for me to swallow, but I have ridden over 13000 miles in the last six months, and I was tired of gear that just couldn't hang. It was always little issues that came up. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. This suit re-affirms that belief. It was without a doubt the best $ I have spent in a long time. I know the pants leaked, and quite honestly I was initially surprised and more than a little pissed. But, after 13 years as a fireman I have learned that sometimes $hit happens, and you just deal with it. The overall quality of the gear is superb. The attention to detail in the design is the best I have seen, and after working with them to fix the pants, I can say that the people at Klim are the best. They really are all about excellence. I would highly recommend the Adventure Rally suit or any of their other gear.

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #1708
Andreas240
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Arm length

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
you need a Large. I am 6'3" 205 lbs with a 34" waist and I tried the XL first and it was way too big. The Large fits much better.
Seth. I also find the ver. 1.0 jacket XL a little too baggy - however I was nervous the arm length would be compromised on the L. Is there a big difference?
Old 03-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #1709
F650Dakar_Norway
What off-season?

Oddometer: 960
I'm 6.1 ft with a 36" inseam and got the 1.0 XL jacket and 36 pants.

- The jacket has (for me) a perfect arm length when I'm seated on the bike, but I also find the shoulder area somewhat bulky and oversized. Since I factored in constant use of a pressure suit the general size and bulk doesn't affect me much. However I find the silhouette of myself with those oversized "bunched up" shoulders hugging the helmet quite amusing.

- The pants are a slim and (again, for me) perfect fit. That means I can comfortably have CTI Custom knee braces and a pair of Dainese hip & bum armour pants underneath.
2008 KTM 690 RFR
1994 Honda ST1100
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #1710
explodingmouse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
threads

Hey Zakidos,

How did you go with the fabric producing those strange threads ?

Mine is doing the same on the right hand sleeve , should I be worried ?
explodingmouse is offline   Reply With Quote