Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #61
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by motolocopat
Excuse my ignorance but I don't understand how 7" = 8" or how a size 7 will fit in a size 8 without bulging out... Does the 8" Race Light by virtue of being a "Race Light" and racing stuff being lighter somehow fit in a 7" space? Inquiring minds want to know..
Maybe a side by side pic will clear it up for ya...

First,,, the Trail Tech 8" Racelight with the stock 8" single beam light...

Second,,, the Trail Tech with my conversion to a 7" hi/low light...

You'll see that there is no bulging.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:58 AM   #62
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

UPDATE!!!

For those that don't aready own a Racelight,,, you will be able to get the complete assembly from www.cyclopsmotorsports.com

I will still be selling the conversion kits for those that alredy have the light.

Here is a testimonial I received yesterday......

"I finally got the light on tonight and went for a rip up the road; Holy ^%#$^%$#^ shit is it nice! What a HUGE difference from stock. I used a silverstar ultra for now; don't know if they're really worth the money increase over a regular bulb, but I went for it anyway and I am pretty darn happy with the unit as a whole right now. I can't imagine I'll need any more for my riding."

Old 05-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #63
dino2000
No Bad Daze

Oddometer: 1,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig
Here is what you need to put in it:

Truck Light's 12V LED Headlight w/ High and Low beam. This new and exciting LED Headlamp innovation provides a new level of performance for 7” round forward lighting 12 volt applications, offering the extended life and energy efficiency of light emitting diode technology.

Product Specs:

-Hard Coated Polycarbonate Lens
-Anodized Aluminum Housing
-Metalized Reflector
-Encapsulated circuitry
-Each light contains 10 High Output Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
-Designed at 12.8v
-4.5a (High Beam)
-2.5a (Low Beam)
-Operational temperature range of -50C to 70C
-Overvoltage spike protection to 600v
-Constant output

The translation of forward lighting to a 12 volt LED headlamp application means brighter, crisper and whiter light output than incandescent alternatives, while offering longer life and greater dependability that has since become standard for LED signaling and marking products. The 7” round LED Headlamps feature solid-state circuit board assemblies for unrivaled shock and vibration resistance and hard-coated polycarbonate lenses that offers 30 times more impact strength than glass. All of these key features work toward a desired goal among end user’s, achieving a maintenance free system.

The 7” round white LED Headlamps meet or exceed all applicable Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements pertaining to headlights, one of the most difficult standards to achieve. Truck-Lite has been able to successfully develop a perfect blend of thermal management and light output to produce an aesthetically pleasing beam pattern through innovative precision optics. The new LED headlamps are designed to replace any standard 7-inch round headlight within 12 volt applications. They can be aimed using standard mechanical aiming equipment.

Made in the U.S.A., each headlamp uses ten high output LEDs as its light source, with a light output brighter than traditional glass beam headlights, which results in better visibility. While a typical headlamp may be rated to last as little as 1,200 hours, Truck-Lite LED Headlamps are expected to exceed that by as much as 50 times. The LED technology used in Truck-Lite’s Headlamps will offer improved visibility over conventional incandescent, as the color temperature of the assembly is around 5000K, far closer to sun light than incandescent or halogen lamps.
To summarize then: buy a 8"TT racelight, your kit less the reflector and the trucklite?
dino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #64
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino2000
To summarize then: buy a 8"TT racelight, your kit less the reflector and the trucklite?

The Trucklite was posted by someone showing what he wanted to mount in the conversion.

The first post shows what is available from me. If you need a complete unit it can be purchased from http://www.cyclopsmotorsports.com/index.htm

Old 05-20-2010, 12:59 AM   #65
mazman808
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Can i ask,
Is this lens conversion ok for both left hand and right hand drive countries?
Is there a raise on the left or right of the projected beam? or is it pretty straight?

This light can run of a A/C system, yes?

cheers.

P.S. Boatman, found any solutions for a clear lens cover?
mazman808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:56 AM   #66
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazman808
Can i ask,
Is this lens conversion ok for both left hand and right hand drive countries?
Is there a raise on the left or right of the projected beam? or is it pretty straight?

This light can run of a A/C system, yes?

cheers.

P.S. Boatman, found any solutions for a clear lens cover?
The reflector I include has low beam dip on the left for right hand driving. Hella does have a left hand version but it is unavailable to me (except for a great cost). You shoud be able to purchase the proper Hella from a supplier in your country.

A/C.... the standard H4 bulb is 65/55w, as long as your electrical system can handle the wattage, you should be okay. I do know that A/C does not have the brightness of D/C.

I have worked on a clear cover but need to perfect my vacuum forming skills. I've been too busy to work on it lately but need to get it done.

I sent you a PM.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #67
Boojum
I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman
UPDATE!!!

For those that don't aready own a Racelight,,, you will be able to get the complete assembly from www.cyclopsmotorsports.com

I will still be selling the conversion kits for those that alredy have the light.

Here is a testimonial I received yesterday......

"I finally got the light on tonight and went for a rip up the road; Holy ^%#$^%$#^ shit is it nice! What a HUGE difference from stock. I used a silverstar ultra for now; don't know if they're really worth the money increase over a regular bulb, but I went for it anyway and I am pretty darn happy with the unit as a whole right now. I can't imagine I'll need any more for my riding."

just ordered one from Darryl for my 650L.... Great guy to speak with, and do business with. Thanks Darryl!!!!! Looking forward to mounting this baby!

Boojum
Boojum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:01 AM   #68
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boojum
just ordered one from Darryl for my 650L.... Great guy to speak with, and do business with. Thanks Darryl!!!!! Looking forward to mounting this baby!

Boojum
Thanks Boojum!!!
Have a great trip this weekend!
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #69
twofur
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Price from Cyclops

Just wandering what the price is for a complete kit from http://www.cyclopsmotorsports.com/ Is it the same as the standard TT setup?

Kurt
twofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #70
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by twofur
Just wandering what the price is for a complete kit from http://www.cyclopsmotorsports.com/ Is it the same as the standard TT setup?

Kurt
HI Kurt
The complete setup is 335.95 we are close to launching a new site with all our products on it.. the old site started to feel like we where beating a dead horse. should be a few weeks. please call 1 800 624 0278 to order
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #71
twofur
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Excellent. Thanks for the quick reply, I'll be giving you a call soon.
twofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:42 AM   #72
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

STOCK UPDATE:::::

I just want to be honest and let everyone know that because of a recent flurry of orders, I was caught off guard and am currently out of stock of the TT conversions. I should have these ready to ship by Tuesday (6/15). If you place an order from Cyclops before I get these shipped to them, I will drop ship the conversion at no additional cost.

Thank you, Scott

Old 06-14-2010, 01:06 AM   #73
mazman808
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Would like to thank Boatman and Cyclops(Darryl) for getting me the H4 conversion setup.
Great dealings with both and would recommend them to everyone.
Just finished doing mine, with a few custom bits.

H4 conversion with an Australian Hella H4 reflector thats ADR approved and my own custom dash and clear lens protector.
Thanks a bunch guys.

mazman808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:10 AM   #74
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 6,817
Looks Great.

Nice work on the dash.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #75
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig
Looks Great.

Nice work on the dash.
+1 compliments on the dash - tidy.

Did you fab up the base plate or is that commercial?
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote