User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2009, 06:49 AM   #16
simongandolfi OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Gratitude

And thanks to everyone who messaged - great to have company on the road!
simongandolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:55 AM   #17
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,082

Always a pleasure...
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #18
Haroon
RIDE for PASSION

Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by simongandolfi
Something called a Stunner. I haven' seen it yet. I go out to Honda tomorroew afternoon were they say it is ready other than for any special requirements. How about a custom seat. Thopugh the distance here are tiny when compared to South America.
Most of the Indian commuter bikes do come with decent seats. If at all a seat softening is required, it can be done for a song.

BTW, you can also check out the following website for any bike related information in India. Lots of helpful folks:

http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/
Haroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #19
BruceI
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Old Man on A Bike

Just finished reading Old Man on a Bike. I enjoyed that read very much and am looking forward to this one. Thanks for sharing.
BruceI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #20
petefromberkeley
-

Oddometer: 3,286
Quote:

I head for Agra
www.simongandolfi.com

Sweet ride you have planned there, but while everyone has to go to the Taj, I'd give the town of Agra a miss. You can stay in Fatepur Sikri, which is just nearby and a much nicer town.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #21
MSH
The Salt

Oddometer: 3,031

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #22
Jonak
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Hey, thanks for the message. I should be in Kolkata in March - after which Sikkim. Dates? The only sure one is Mumbai on May 28 for my home flight - that's if I don't snuff!
No problem. Feel free to mail me. We can surely meet. May be we can ride to a place as well. I will be back from Sikkim in 15days.
Jonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #23
petefromberkeley
-

Oddometer: 3,286
Quote:

that's if I don't snuff!

Oh stop.......................
Old 04-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #24
oldmencan'twait
simon gandolfi

Oddometer: 20
At it again

Yes, I have a confession to make. I am at it again. Eighty years old and riding a motorcycle (though only a small one). I fly to Delhi, India on the 7th to collect a 125 and ride back to the UK via Pakistan, Iran, Armenia, Georgia etc. etc....
The change from Old Man On A Bike to Old Men Can't Wait is self explanatory. I shall be moving on soon - to a higher or lower plane. Fortunately for my heirs, my great great grandfather built the church in our village and we retain ownership of a large part of the cemetary so burying me will be cheap. Meanwhile time to get on with it, polish my shoes, pack my bags, dig the helmet out of the store cupboard. Nervous? Yes, a little. Actually, more than a little...
oldmencan'twait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #25
NAVIGATOR
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmencan'twait View Post
Yes, I have a confession to make. I am at it again. Eighty years old and riding a motorcycle (though only a small one). I fly to Delhi, India on the 7th to collect a 125 and ride back to the UK via Pakistan, Iran, Armenia, Georgia etc. etc....
The change from Old Man On A Bike to Old Men Can't Wait is self explanatory. I shall be moving on soon - to a higher or lower plane. Fortunately for my heirs, my great great grandfather built the church in our village and we retain ownership of a large part of the cemetary so burying me will be cheap. Meanwhile time to get on with it, polish my shoes, pack my bags, dig the helmet out of the store cupboard. Nervous? Yes, a little. Actually, more than a little...
SIGNATURE MATERIAL FOR SHURE!!!
NAVIGATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #26
MeinMotorrad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
Deeply in

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmencan'twait View Post
Wow, just looked you up on amazon and I now know that I met your son 20 odd years ago (he had been following the sun teaching scuba diving around that time. He told me his dad was writing a Alistair Maclean book).

Good luck with this trip. I once considered buying a KTM duke 200 in India and riding it around the coast and brining it back to the UK (airfreight), but lots of horrible Indian red tape got in the way.

MeinMotorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #27
Old Blue
Shallow waterman

Oddometer: 1,362
This sounds great! I'd love to ride India one day. For now I'll just live vicariously.
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:57 AM   #28
oldmencan'twait
simon gandolfi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinMotorrad View Post
Wow, just looked you up on amazon and I now know that I met your son 20 odd years ago (he had been following the sun teaching scuba diving around that time. He told me his dad was writing a Alistair Maclean book).

Good luck with this trip. I once considered buying a KTM duke 200 in India and riding it around the coast and brining it back to the UK (airfreight), but lots of horrible Indian red tape got in the way.

That would be Mark, now teaching science at a Grammer School, wonderful wife, two divine girls (10 months and 4 years)....
Old 04-28-2013, 03:00 AM   #29
oldmencan'twait
simon gandolfi

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue View Post
This sounds great! I'd love to ride India one day. For now I'll just live vicariously.
If traveling vicariously, hope you don't suffer when/if I fall off?!!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #30
Blader54
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 832
In, in, IN! Sir, I bow before you. You're an inspiration!
Blader54 is online now   Reply With Quote