Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2015, 08:15 AM   #1
NJEnduroBiker OP
'13 Super Tenere

Oddometer: 205
Are Revzilla and Twisted Throttle the same company?

A friend ordered an item from Revzilla and it arrived from Twisted Throttle.
Did one buy the other or do they have some type of shipping/stocking relationship?
Wouldn't be surprised either way but thought it was odd and was curious about it.
NJEnduroBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
a2ronm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
I wouldn't think so....

Twisted Throttle was (maybe still is) the major US importer or the SW-MOTECH line, which I noticed that Revzilla started to carry on their site. If it was a SW-MOTECH item, maybe that is why.
a2ronm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:40 AM   #3
NJEnduroBiker OP
'13 Super Tenere

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2ronm View Post
I wouldn't think so....

Twisted Throttle was (maybe still is) the major US importer or the SW-MOTECH line, which I noticed that Revzilla started to carry on their site. If it was a SW-MOTECH item, maybe that is why.
It was a Kaoko throttle lock so probably the same situation as SW-Motech.
I'll assume some type of distribution agreement.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:43 AM   #4
Kickstand Down
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEnduroBiker View Post
It was a Kaoko throttle lock so probably the same situation as SW-Motech.
I'll assume some type of distribution agreement.
I think they have such agreements with several companies. It seems like if there is a "XYZ Store" within Revzilla, it works that way. I've ordered some Altrider stuff from them, and it always ships from a different place and comes in an Altrider box as opposed to the usual Revzilla packaging.

The Natural State.... Where all roads less than four lanes qualify as an adventure.
Kickstand Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:12 PM   #5
NJEnduroBiker OP
'13 Super Tenere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickstand Down View Post
I think they have such agreements with several companies. It seems like if there is a "XYZ Store" within Revzilla, it works that way. I've ordered some Altrider stuff from them, and it always ships from a different place and comes in an Altrider box as opposed to the usual Revzilla packaging.
Interesting, but not surprising I guess.
Funny though I ordered an Altrider skid plate and luggage rack from RZ and both came from RZ in Philly and packed in RZ boxes.

Thanks for your response.
Seems like it's more of a distribution issue and not a buy-out or merger of the two.
Coming from the pharma industry, I understand consolidation but competition is good for us customers and I'd like to see TT and RZ both be successful and stay separate......along with the many other distributors and manufacturers.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:22 PM   #6
K1W1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,008
It is quite common these days where a retailer does not actually carry the stock they are selling. Anything that is ordered is fulfilled directly from a wholesalers warehouse. Often you never even know as the documentation makes it appear that the goods have come from the retailer.
K1W1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:32 PM   #7
Kickstand Down
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Interesting, but not surprising I guess.
Funny though I ordered an Altrider skid plate and luggage rack from RZ and both came from RZ in Philly and packed in RZ boxes.

Thanks for your response.
Seems like it's more of a distribution issue and not a buy-out or merger of the two.
Coming from the pharma industry, I understand consolidation but competition is good for us customers and I'd like to see TT and RZ both be successful and stay separate......along with the many other distributors and manufacturers.
I don't know. I mean, I get the whole autonomous thing, but free shipping (and faster shipping) for Touratech products under a "Revzilla" umbrella would be nice. Both are great at customer service in my experience, but Touratech is slower and I wonder if their lack of speed/prices affect their sales.

It's like Amazon. They sell stuff from themselves and a bazillion other vendors, some of which do the free shipping thing. There are definitely times where I hold off on ordering from Touratech because I'm across the country and don't want to pay $30+ to have something arrive within the week. If they could fall under the corporate agreement Revzilla has with shipping companies and stock some of their larger volume items in Revzilla warehouses, they could feasibly get stuff to me in 3 days with free shipping, which means I would purchase from them more.

I also don't doubt that their customer base (and sales) would increase if an audience the size of Revzilla could see their products, which would lead to lower prices, higher margin, or both. Also, Touratech, as much as I love the things I've purchased from them, have really strange estimated shipping costs on their orders. It would be to their benefit to just set a rate for XYZ distance and eat the dollars/cents they estimate incorrectly. I've had to call them on a couple of orders where adding some stickers or a tee shirt to an order doubled the shipping cost. They assure me that the invoice will show less, and it does, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who just delete the items from their cart and order less.

The Natural State.... Where all roads less than four lanes qualify as an adventure.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:45 AM   #8
NJEnduroBiker OP
'13 Super Tenere

[QUOTE=Kickstand Down;26902130]I don't know. I mean, I get the whole autonomous thing, but free shipping (and faster shipping) for Touratech products under a "Revzilla" umbrella would be nice. Both are great at customer service in my experience, but Touratech is slower and I wonder if their lack of speed/prices affect their sales.

Just realized that TT probably means Touratech to many/most of us. I was using TT for Twisted Throttle.

But I agree, Touratech is probably the first big distributor of adv "stuff" and has been slowest to embrace the "Amazon" style of customer service and shipping. With all of their videos, Revzilla is creating a virtual "brick and mortar" store on the web which is awesome. But when it comes to buying clothing I still like to try things on ahead of time which has always been difficult because stores cannot stock everything.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:14 AM   #9
Kickstand Down
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=NJEnduroBiker;26905770]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickstand Down View Post
I don't know. I mean, I get the whole autonomous thing, but free shipping (and faster shipping) for Touratech products under a "Revzilla" umbrella would be nice. Both are great at customer service in my experience, but Touratech is slower and I wonder if their lack of speed/prices affect their sales.

Just realized that TT probably means Touratech to many/most of us. I was using TT for Twisted Throttle.

But I agree, Touratech is probably the first big distributor of adv "stuff" and has been slowest to embrace the "Amazon" style of customer service and shipping. With all of their videos, Revzilla is creating a virtual "brick and mortar" store on the web which is awesome. But when it comes to buying clothing I still like to try things on ahead of time which has always been difficult because stores cannot stock everything.
Yea, it's pretty tricky, especially when you live somewhere that dealerships are the only place to find gear, and they have a brand or two. Half the time they have the same generic cheap brands. Revzilla does try to make the process as painless as it can be though. Several times I've emailed them saying that I wear this size in these brands, and they will recommend what you'd be in the brand you're asking about.

Worse comes to worse, they have about the best "I ordered the wrong size" policy. It's obviously not as easy as trying on several sizes in a store, but let's be real, unless you're in a big bike friendly city, you're options are usually fox, speed and strength, bilt, HJC, and maybe icon at a majority of shops.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:45 AM   #10
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,624
Drop Shipping:

Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail businesses, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price, but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler to the retailer.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #11
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 783
Quote:
A friend ordered an item from Revzilla and it arrived from Twisted Throttle. Did one buy the other or do they have some type of shipping/stocking relationship?
Hi guys,

Twisted Throttle and Revzilla are independently owned and operated.

Twisted Throttle is a manufacturer and distributor. We supply the dealers in the USA and Canada with our core brands, including SW-MOTECH, R&G Racing, Kaoko, Denali, DrySpec, MRA Windshields, Barkbusters, and others. Twisted Throttle focuses primarily on developing and marketing products for these core brands. We're the folks you want to talk to if you want to encourage us to develop a new item or modify the design of an existing item in these brands.

Revzilla is one of many dealers that buy these brands from Twisted Throttle. Sometimes a dealer asks us to directly ship an item to a customer on their behalf; this is called "drop shipping". Our dealers stock many items but will occasionally drop ship items they don't have in their own warehouses so that their customers receive the goods as quickly as possible.

Best regards,
- Erik (a.k.a. Mr. Twisted)
Old 06-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #12
NJEnduroBiker OP
'13 Super Tenere

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedthrottle View Post
Hi guys,

Twisted Throttle is a manufacturer and distributor. We supply the dealers in the USA and Canada with our core brands, including SW-MOTECH, R&G Racing, Kaoko, Denali, DrySpec, MRA Windshields, Barkbusters, and others. Twisted Throttle focuses primarily on developing and marketing products for these core brands. We're the folks you want to talk to if you want to encourage us to develop a new item or modify the design of an existing item in these brands.

Revzilla is one of many dealers that buy these brands from Twisted Throttle. Sometimes a dealer asks us to directly ship an item to a customer on their behalf; this is called "drop shipping". Our dealers stock many items but will occasionally drop ship items they don't have in their own warehouses so that their customers receive the goods as quickly as possible.

Best regards,
Thanks for chiming in and clearing things up Erik!
Old 06-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #13
CPORet
I Am Kirok!

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Hi guys,

Best regards,
Okay then Mr. Twisted, how 'bout you guys develop a rear seat rack for the Triumph Tiger 800's? Apparently, SW-Motech thinks that BMW, KTM, Kawasaki and Yamaha owners are the only ones that want one.
CPORet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:09 AM   #14
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Hi guys,

Best regards,
Thanks for jumping in, Erik. We couldn't have said it better ourselves!

-DrewZilla

2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2003 Suzuki SV650S

ADV Gear Deals, Sales, & Promos | Motorcycle News | Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:58 PM   #15
MichaelInVenice
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
In my experience, very little of the Revzilla stuff actually ships from their warehouse in the Philadelphia area. My helmets have both come directly from Helmet City, a large wholesaler here on the west coast. My Olympia jacket came directly from Olympia. An R&G item came from Twisted Throttle. IIRC, a few other items I've ordered have come from a fulfillment center in Vegas that is also the shipping address for all sorts of stuff I receive from all sorts of online vendors, but may have hat confused with something else. In any case, clear that Revzilla drop ships everything they can, at least when it's available directly from a distributor closer to the client than they are. (In my case, it would be tough to be in the US and not be closer to just about anybody else.)

MichaelInVenice screwed with this post 06-07-2015 at 11:11 PM
MichaelInVenice is offline   Reply With Quote