User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
theshnizzle OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 888
Where do I send my gore-tex suit?

I would like to send in my KLIM misano suit in for waterproofing issues.....As ...it isn't. Do I send the suit to the "gore-tex " company or to KLIM itself? I will be shipping from Canada and it will cost me dough, so I want to do this only once.

Thanks
theshnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
the_doc
Street Convert

Oddometer: 244
Call KLiM and ask them what to do
Old 12-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #3
Guano11
Half Decaf

Oddometer: 1,239
Depending on what part of Canada you're from, it's could be a short distance to www.rainypass.com (in Seattle).
Either way, it'd be worth a call to them for advice; they're experts on that kinda stuff.
Guano11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
16VGTIDave
blame Reaver...

Oddometer: 467
Read this info first. Then, if required, call Gore and get an RMA to send it to their CANADIAN warranty center that is in Calgary. Gore wants you to be warm, dry, and happy so you will buy more items with their materials. KLIM wants to sell you more merchandize. Who do you think is going to offer better warranty service?

About this time last year I sent a pair of A* Gore-Tex boots to be tested. I knew they leaked, but they were also close to the end of their useful life. No hassles and a new pair of A* Toucans were delivered to my door within 3 weeks. I could have chosen any other boots of similar value, as long as they were Gore-Tex. All for the cost of $26 to ship the old boots to Calgary. I never even considered dealing with A* in the US of A...
16VGTIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:49 AM   #5
theshnizzle OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 888
Thanks for that info Dave. I called this am and got a RM A number. The first thing she asked was if I had gone back to the store where I purchased the outfit and talked to them and if they had offered to replace it.

I said I had done that but had gotten the brush off from the service manager. She was shocked to hear that the retailer wouldn't stand behind their product. And, well, so was I. This is a suit I bought in April of this year and I spoke with the service manager shortly after I returned from my trip.

He wasn't to interested in hearing from me.....and this is a suit I am STILL paying off.....anyway, I will be packing it up and sending it off to Calgary. ..
theshnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #6
16VGTIDave
blame Reaver...

Oddometer: 467
Glad to help. Let us know what comes of this.
16VGTIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #7
TBickell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Hate to hear this as I just threw down on a Klim Misano. Damn thing better be waterproof. It's 90% of the reason I bought it.... Keep us posted. Good news for me is I drive by their headquarters in Rigby Idaho once a year so if I have the same issue I can go postal in person
TBickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #8
the_gr8t_waldo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,092
you'r not going to get off that easy...who's the retailer? it's only fair they get full credit ...don't cha think?
the_gr8t_waldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:29 PM   #9
jon_b
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
The retailer I bought my Klim suit from said that warranty is from the manufacturer and not them. That said, they also let me exchange my jacket for a smaller size after I rode it home (in the rain, no less) after I said the fitment was too loose (edit: waaaaaay too loose). Very impressed with the service.

I did talk to Klim about making modifications to my gear, namely lengthening the pants as I'm 6'5"-ish and the tall size I got could use a couple more inches plus the hand-holds on the jacket are too tight to use. They said as long as I go with a “Gore-Certified” facility they will still cover warranty work. When I have a day off I'm going to ride down to Rainy Pass in Seattle to get the adjustments done...and maybe a taller collar.
Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM   #10
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBickell View Post
Hate to hear this as I just threw down on a Klim Misano. Damn thing better be waterproof. It's 90% of the reason I bought it.... Keep us posted. Good news for me is I drive by their headquarters in Rigby Idaho once a year so if I have the same issue I can go postal in person
I ordered mine yesterday afternoon. Just the jacket though. Hmmm….

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003485
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote