Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #136
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallRob
Ive never seen this before. It looks like the same thing that spidi's air bag leather racing suit has. How much is this? How does my vest's neck protectin compare to this? This is why was interested in the air back because I wanted doesnt to immobilize my neck. Does my vest immobilize my neck as well as this one does? i wish I saw this on my website. I think I might of bought this instead.
Rob,

It is not for sale yet that is why you have not seen it. I am waiting on the first couple arriving from Japan hopefully by the end of the week. I am still trying to figure out Retail on it.
Your neck bag will support your helmet in a very similar manner but only has one neck bag and not 2.
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #137
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
It was 110F today in Agoura the MLV-R vest didnt really block any air from hitting my air mesh kevlar jacket. Poeple were very interested in then vest. I let a bunch of people try it on. Could not believe how light it was. I think I probably sold 3 of them....Quite a few people wrote down the safermoto.com address. I will only take 10% of those sales . But, Safermoto need to get a crew to frequent places like the Rock Store, Cooks Corner, or Alices restarant and set up a booth and show those vests around. You could sell a crap load.
Let me know when a good time would be to show up and I will turn up with the truck and a bunch of vest and jackets that people can try on.

Only sold one since Saturday to a guy in Washington I can sign you up as a distributor if you are interested in making some $$$$$

Managed to make it on the local news with the vests as well KTVU 11pm Slot

KTVU 5pm slot
Old 09-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #138
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiamham
if the summer I wear a veskimo cooling backpack. possible to wear the vest type device under the backpack? assuming i left it somewhat loose to accommodate the inflation.
You would not be able to wear the vest under the backpack. You could wear the neck vest that we will have in a few weeks but then you loose all the back protection the MLV offers
Old 09-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #139
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,393
my regular job takes up too much time. But, down here is ripe for this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto
Let me know when a good time would be to show up and I will turn up with the truck and a bunch of vest and jackets that people can try on.

Only sold one since Saturday to a guy in Washington I can sign you up as a distributor if you are interested in making some $$$$$

Managed to make it on the local news with the vests as well KTVU 11pm Slot

KTVU 5pm slot
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #140
Tonopah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 450
Tallrob does have a point (Agoura area, CA). I know of three Hit Airs from Safermoto that have found homes in this area (Oak Park, Agoura, Calabasas) within the last two weeks, and I think there will be one more shortly as well.

BTW, that yellow vest is bright!. Just what I wanted for my commute to downtown Los Angeles.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #141
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
my regular job takes up too much time. But, down here is ripe for this....
I should head down that way for a "tour"
Old 09-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #142
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

That latest one was me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonopah
Tallrob does have a point (Agoura area, CA). I know of three Hit Airs from Safermoto that have found homes in this area (Oak Park, Agoura, Calabasas) within the last two weeks, and I think there will be one more shortly as well.

BTW, that yellow vest is bright!. Just what I wanted for my commute to downtown Los Angeles.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:30 PM   #143
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

there are so many bike gathering places , IN Santa Barbara you have Cold springs tavern. Angeles Crest you have Newcombs, In Agoura/Malibu you have The Rockstore and Neptunes Net then down south you have cooks corner and a few others. But In december everyone heads down to Longbeach convention center for the big Motorcycle show. HUGE buying opportunity there.
Quote:
I should head down that way for a "tour"
Old 09-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #144
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
there are so many bike gathering places , IN Santa Barbara you have Cold springs tavern. Angeles Crest you have Newcombs, In Agoura/Malibu you have The Rockstore and Neptunes Net then down south you have cooks corner and a few others. But In december everyone heads down to Longbeach convention center for the big Motorcycle show. HUGE buying opportunity there.
I am trying to figure out if I want to go to the Long Beach Show or the San Mateo Show the shows are not inexpensive to attend. Any opinions on which I should go to? and why?
Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #145
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

well I think Longbeach has literally thousands of bikers decend everyday to that show. the bike lot is quite the scene. There were some great sales going on. Plus there are a lot of cool bars and restarants in downtown LB. also due to LB's location you get SD, OC and LA people. Thats why its such a huge draw. Its centrally located in SoCal.
Quote:
I am trying to figure out if I want to go to the Long Beach Show or the San Mateo Show the shows are not inexpensive to attend. Any opinions on which I should go to? and why?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #146
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
well I think Longbeach has literally thousands of bikers decend everyday to that show. the bike lot is quite the scene. There were some great sales going on. Plus there are a lot of cool bars and restarants in downtown LB.
Trying to figure out if I I should buy "the Bike of my dreams" 1981 Yamaha RD 350LC never sold here so it is a "rare" chance to pick up this import
or save the money and do both shows.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #147
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Finished hooking up the cord to the frame of my bike. One important observation. If you are 6'9" I dont think the Japanese had you in mind during their testing phase. I definetly cant stand up fully even with the cord slack removed. So, I hope Safermoto offers a free cord upgrade for tall guys. A good 8" more cord will do.

Thanks.
Rob,

I was messing with this today and you can combine two or more cord together using the clips. I will get a couple together and post a video of how I think it will work.

Let me know if you need another cord
Old 09-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #148
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Here is a video of how to use 2 tethers to extend the length

How to extend the tether length by combining 2 tethers
Old 09-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #149
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Extending tethers

Here is a short video on how to lengthen your present tether

making your present tether longer
Old 09-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #150
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

the frame in my seat is so far down that even that protective sleave is barely long enough. So that wont work, thanks for the video though.
Quote:
Here is a short video on how to lengthen your present tether

making your present tether longer