ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 07:55 AM   #181
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SaferMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Reno Nevada
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C
Hey safermoto

Does the vest go under you normal jacket, how thick is it deflated? Just wondering how much room it takes up.

Also do you have pics of it inflated? How does it protect the neck from under the jacket?
The vest should always be wore over your normal jacket. If you follow the link I posted in the previous post there are 3 videos which show you fitment, deployment and re-packing

There are also a host of videos on YouTube if you search using safermoto

let me know if you have any more questions
__________________
www.SaferMoto.com
Authorized Dealer of Hit-Air brand Airbag-equipped jackets and vests.
Special Discounted Pricing for ADVrider members use the code ADVRider1 at checkout
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #182
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer
 
TallRob's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Agoura Hills ,Ca
Oddometer: 1,395
the japanese hit-air videos are awsome! Just saw one where a guy is demobstrating a vest inside a department store while another guy is making motocycle sounds. classic! but its actually a good vid because it shows the guy jumping off the bike and the vest clearly inflating very quickly.
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #183
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SaferMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Reno Nevada
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallRob
the japanese hit-air videos are awsome! Just saw one where a guy is demobstrating a vest inside a department store while another guy is making motocycle sounds. classic! but its actually a good vid because it shows the guy jumping off the bike and the vest clearly inflating very quickly.
Here is a link to a "Scottish" hit-air video

NV New Model
__________________
www.SaferMoto.com
Authorized Dealer of Hit-Air brand Airbag-equipped jackets and vests.
Special Discounted Pricing for ADVrider members use the code ADVRider1 at checkout
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #184
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SaferMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Reno Nevada
Oddometer: 262
Website changes, new look and new shopping cart

http://www.safermoto.com

Your opinions are, as always, appreciated
__________________
www.SaferMoto.com
Authorized Dealer of Hit-Air brand Airbag-equipped jackets and vests.
Special Discounted Pricing for ADVrider members use the code ADVRider1 at checkout
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #185
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, California
Oddometer: 115
What exactly is the difference between the MLV-Y and YS?
Thanks.
testrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #186
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SaferMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Reno Nevada
Oddometer: 262
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider View Post
What exactly is the difference between the MLV-Y and YS?
Thanks.
The YS is a "full" vest with mesh panels and 2 pockets. The MLV-Y is a high vis version of our lightweight vest. If you wear a jacket with a lot of pockets, like a Belstaff or Kilimanjaro then the MLV-Y allows easier access to your jacket pockets.
If you wear a jacket that just has a few pockets then the YS is a good bet as it gives you "external" pockets to use.
The MLV-Y is lighter but mainly it comes down to style.
Both vest have the same air protection system installed.
MLY-Y
YS

let me know if you have any other questions
__________________
www.SaferMoto.com
Authorized Dealer of Hit-Air brand Airbag-equipped jackets and vests.
Special Discounted Pricing for ADVrider members use the code ADVRider1 at checkout
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #187
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, California
Oddometer: 115
Thanks for the reply. Why does the YS full vest use 50cc while the MLV-Y uses 60cc? Does it imply that the YS have small air bags so it doesn't need as much air to inflate? Then how do the 2 protection systems compare?

Thanks again!
-mike-


Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto View Post
The YS is a "full" vest with mesh panels and 2 pockets. The MLV-Y is a high vis version of our lightweight vest. If you wear a jacket with a lot of pockets, like a Belstaff or Kilimanjaro then the MLV-Y allows easier access to your jacket pockets.
If you wear a jacket that just has a few pockets then the YS is a good bet as it gives you "external" pockets to use.
The MLV-Y is lighter but mainly it comes down to style.
Both vest have the same air protection system installed.
MLY-Y
YS

let me know if you have any other questions
testrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #188
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SaferMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Reno Nevada
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider View Post
Thanks for the reply. Why does the YS full vest use 50cc while the MLV-Y uses 60cc? Does it imply that the YS have small air bags so it doesn't need as much air to inflate? Then how do the 2 protection systems compare?

Thanks again!
-mike-
mike,

Sorry for the delayed reply I am trying to get a definitive answer from the inventor/factory for the difference. The first reply really did not address the question so I have re-asked and as soon as I get an answer I will post it up
__________________
www.SaferMoto.com
Authorized Dealer of Hit-Air brand Airbag-equipped jackets and vests.
Special Discounted Pricing for ADVrider members use the code ADVRider1 at checkout
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #189
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, California
Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto View Post
mike,

Sorry for the delayed reply I am trying to get a definitive answer from the inventor/factory for the difference. The first reply really did not address the question so I have re-asked and as soon as I get an answer I will post it up
Thanks. I'm just trying to get the right one, for me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

It does sound like the 60cc MLV must be more 'protective'. The air got to go somewhere (more air bag volume). Are you sure it's not the other way around: MLV is a full vest while the YS is a light version?

Thanks again.
-mike-
testrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #190
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SaferMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Reno Nevada
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider View Post
Thanks. I'm just trying to get the right one, for me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

It does sound like the 60cc MLV must be more 'protective'. The air got to go somewhere (more air bag volume). Are you sure it's not the other way around: MLV is a full vest while the YS is a light version?

Thanks again.
-mike-
Mike,

No problem ask as many questions as you need to.

The main difference between the 2 vests is style. If you ride with a jacket that has lots of pockets you want access to then I would go with the MLV-Y. If you mainly ride with a jacket with few pockets then the YS would be the choice

The impact protection is the same for both vests.

When I hear back from the factory I will post up their answer, it is still early for them
__________________
www.SaferMoto.com
Authorized Dealer of Hit-Air brand Airbag-equipped jackets and vests.
Special Discounted Pricing for ADVrider members use the code ADVRider1 at checkout
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:14 AM   #191
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, California
Oddometer: 115
Thanks. I appreciate it. I really like to hear what they will say.
The structure of the air bags in the 2 vests are definitely not the same. Otherwise, they wouldn't use 50cc in one and 60cc in another. I wouldn't design 2 different gas cylinders if I don't have to. Common sense


Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto View Post
Mike,

No problem ask as many questions as you need to.

The main difference between the 2 vests is style. If you ride with a jacket that has lots of pockets you want access to then I would go with the MLV-Y. If you mainly ride with a jacket with few pockets then the YS would be the choice

The impact protection is the same for both vests.

When I hear back from the factory I will post up their answer, it is still early for them
testrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #192
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SaferMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Reno Nevada
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider View Post
Thanks. I appreciate it. I really like to hear what they will say.
The structure of the air bags in the 2 vests are definitely not the same. Otherwise, they wouldn't use 50cc in one and 60cc in another. I wouldn't design 2 different gas cylinders if I don't have to. Common sense
Not being the guy that designed them I cant vouch for any differences there might be The email I got back stated "I must prohibit use" of 60cc in the YS so there must be a reason for it.

I am interested to find out the reason as well
__________________
www.SaferMoto.com
Authorized Dealer of Hit-Air brand Airbag-equipped jackets and vests.
Special Discounted Pricing for ADVrider members use the code ADVRider1 at checkout
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #193
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer
 
TallRob's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Agoura Hills ,Ca
Oddometer: 1,395
Doesnt the MLV have a larger bag? I remember reading that of all the vests its got the largest CO2 bag area and the YS maybe a bit smaller bag area. Or the valves may be of a different (older?) design? Maybe thats why they dont want you using the bigger 60cc tube on the YS vest because it could over inflate it and pop it. Im just thinking outloud here. But that could be a good reason for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto View Post
Not being the guy that designed them I cant vouch for any differences there might be The email I got back stated "I must prohibit use" of 60cc in the YS so there must be a reason for it.

I am interested to find out the reason as well
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #194
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, California
Oddometer: 115
That's what I was wondering: why a 'light weight vest' (MLV) has more air bag area? While the full vest (YS) has less?


Quote:
Originally Posted by TallRob View Post
Doesnt the MLV have a larger bag? I remember reading that of all the vests its got the largest CO2 bag area and the YS maybe a bit smaller bag area. Or the valves may be of a different (older?) design? Maybe thats why they dont want you using the bigger 60cc tube on the YS vest because it could over inflate it and pop it. Im just thinking outloud here. But that could be a good reason for it.
testrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #195
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer
 
TallRob's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Agoura Hills ,Ca
Oddometer: 1,395
When they say light wieght (which it is) There is no extra material like the standard vest. All you have is the bladder. All I can think of is that they are always improving the design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider View Post
That's what I was wondering: why a 'light weight vest' (MLV) has more air bag area? While the full vest (YS) has less?
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014