Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2010, 07:55 AM   #181
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C
Hey safermoto

Does the vest go under you normal jacket, how thick is it deflated? Just wondering how much room it takes up.

Also do you have pics of it inflated? How does it protect the neck from under the jacket?
The vest should always be wore over your normal jacket. If you follow the link I posted in the previous post there are 3 videos which show you fitment, deployment and re-packing

There are also a host of videos on YouTube if you search using safermoto

let me know if you have any more questions
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #182
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
the japanese hit-air videos are awsome! Just saw one where a guy is demobstrating a vest inside a department store while another guy is making motocycle sounds. classic! but its actually a good vid because it shows the guy jumping off the bike and the vest clearly inflating very quickly.
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #183
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallRob
the japanese hit-air videos are awsome! Just saw one where a guy is demobstrating a vest inside a department store while another guy is making motocycle sounds. classic! but its actually a good vid because it shows the guy jumping off the bike and the vest clearly inflating very quickly.
Here is a link to a "Scottish" hit-air video

NV New Model
Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #184
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Website changes, new look and new shopping cart

http://www.safermoto.com

Your opinions are, as always, appreciated
Old 12-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #185
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
What exactly is the difference between the MLV-Y and YS?
Thanks.
testrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #186
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider View Post
What exactly is the difference between the MLV-Y and YS?
Thanks.
The YS is a "full" vest with mesh panels and 2 pockets. The MLV-Y is a high vis version of our lightweight vest. If you wear a jacket with a lot of pockets, like a Belstaff or Kilimanjaro then the MLV-Y allows easier access to your jacket pockets.
If you wear a jacket that just has a few pockets then the YS is a good bet as it gives you "external" pockets to use.
The MLV-Y is lighter but mainly it comes down to style.
Both vest have the same air protection system installed.
MLY-Y
YS

let me know if you have any other questions
Old 12-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #187
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the reply. Why does the YS full vest use 50cc while the MLV-Y uses 60cc? Does it imply that the YS have small air bags so it doesn't need as much air to inflate? Then how do the 2 protection systems compare?

Thanks again!
-mike-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto View Post
The YS is a "full" vest with mesh panels and 2 pockets. The MLV-Y is a high vis version of our lightweight vest. If you wear a jacket with a lot of pockets, like a Belstaff or Kilimanjaro then the MLV-Y allows easier access to your jacket pockets.
If you wear a jacket that just has a few pockets then the YS is a good bet as it gives you "external" pockets to use.
The MLV-Y is lighter but mainly it comes down to style.
Both vest have the same air protection system installed.
MLY-Y
YS

let me know if you have any other questions
Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #188
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Why does the YS full vest use 50cc while the MLV-Y uses 60cc? Does it imply that the YS have small air bags so it doesn't need as much air to inflate? Then how do the 2 protection systems compare?

Thanks again!
-mike-
mike,

Sorry for the delayed reply I am trying to get a definitive answer from the inventor/factory for the difference. The first reply really did not address the question so I have re-asked and as soon as I get an answer I will post it up
Old 12-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #189
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
mike,

Sorry for the delayed reply I am trying to get a definitive answer from the inventor/factory for the difference. The first reply really did not address the question so I have re-asked and as soon as I get an answer I will post it up
Thanks. I'm just trying to get the right one, for me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

It does sound like the 60cc MLV must be more 'protective'. The air got to go somewhere (more air bag volume). Are you sure it's not the other way around: MLV is a full vest while the YS is a light version?

Thanks again.
-mike-
Old 12-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #190
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks. I'm just trying to get the right one, for me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

It does sound like the 60cc MLV must be more 'protective'. The air got to go somewhere (more air bag volume). Are you sure it's not the other way around: MLV is a full vest while the YS is a light version?

Thanks again.
-mike-
Mike,

No problem ask as many questions as you need to.

The main difference between the 2 vests is style. If you ride with a jacket that has lots of pockets you want access to then I would go with the MLV-Y. If you mainly ride with a jacket with few pockets then the YS would be the choice

The impact protection is the same for both vests.

When I hear back from the factory I will post up their answer, it is still early for them
Old 12-21-2010, 10:14 AM   #191
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks. I appreciate it. I really like to hear what they will say.
The structure of the air bags in the 2 vests are definitely not the same. Otherwise, they wouldn't use 50cc in one and 60cc in another. I wouldn't design 2 different gas cylinders if I don't have to. Common sense

Quote:
Mike,

No problem ask as many questions as you need to.

The main difference between the 2 vests is style. If you ride with a jacket that has lots of pockets you want access to then I would go with the MLV-Y. If you mainly ride with a jacket with few pockets then the YS would be the choice

The impact protection is the same for both vests.

When I hear back from the factory I will post up their answer, it is still early for them
Old 12-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #192
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks. I appreciate it. I really like to hear what they will say.
The structure of the air bags in the 2 vests are definitely not the same. Otherwise, they wouldn't use 50cc in one and 60cc in another. I wouldn't design 2 different gas cylinders if I don't have to. Common sense
Not being the guy that designed them I cant vouch for any differences there might be The email I got back stated "I must prohibit use" of 60cc in the YS so there must be a reason for it.

I am interested to find out the reason as well
Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #193
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Doesnt the MLV have a larger bag? I remember reading that of all the vests its got the largest CO2 bag area and the YS maybe a bit smaller bag area. Or the valves may be of a different (older?) design? Maybe thats why they dont want you using the bigger 60cc tube on the YS vest because it could over inflate it and pop it. Im just thinking outloud here. But that could be a good reason for it.
Quote:
Not being the guy that designed them I cant vouch for any differences there might be The email I got back stated "I must prohibit use" of 60cc in the YS so there must be a reason for it.

I am interested to find out the reason as well
Old 12-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #194
testrider
Gnarly Adventurer

That's what I was wondering: why a 'light weight vest' (MLV) has more air bag area? While the full vest (YS) has less?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallRob View Post
Doesnt the MLV have a larger bag? I remember reading that of all the vests its got the largest CO2 bag area and the YS maybe a bit smaller bag area. Or the valves may be of a different (older?) design? Maybe thats why they dont want you using the bigger 60cc tube on the YS vest because it could over inflate it and pop it. Im just thinking outloud here. But that could be a good reason for it.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #195
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

When they say light wieght (which it is) There is no extra material like the standard vest. All you have is the bladder. All I can think of is that they are always improving the design.
Quote:
That's what I was wondering: why a 'light weight vest' (MLV) has more air bag area? While the full vest (YS) has less?