ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #331
swann
Just practicing...
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: "The noobie" Otsego, MN
Oddometer: 273
I have the YS vest and love the hi viz color and reflective areas! I had a problem with the zipper and just wanted to say thank you to Alan for making it right! I feel much safer wearing the vest and plan to buy vests or jackets for my kids too.
__________________
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. ~ various

Believe you can and you're halfway there. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #332
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SaferMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Reno Nevada
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by swann View Post
I have the YS vest and love the hi viz color and reflective areas! I had a problem with the zipper and just wanted to say thank you to Alan for making it right! I feel much safer wearing the vest and plan to buy vests or jackets for my kids too.
Have had to fix a few of the zipper on the YS vests. Factory thinks it was a bad batch of zippers from their supplier!!!!

We have replaced every zipper on the YS vests that folks have had problems with, maybe 4 or 5 tops so far.

Glad to hear you feel safer wearing the vest, I wont ride without mine. Even although it did not stop my collar bone from braking in my last "racing incident" at the track I am 100% sure it saved my neck from injury though
__________________
www.SaferMoto.com
Authorized Dealer of Hit-Air brand Airbag-equipped jackets and vests.
Special Discounted Pricing for ADVrider members use the code ADVRider1 at checkout
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #333
swann
Just practicing...
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: "The noobie" Otsego, MN
Oddometer: 273
That's a bummer on the bad zippers. Kinda important that the vest stay on a person to protect properly. :)
__________________
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. ~ various

Believe you can and you're halfway there. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #334
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer
 
G19Tony's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: KLAS
Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto View Post
Have had to fix a few of the zipper on the YS vests. Factory thinks it was a bad batch of zippers from their supplier!!!!

We have replaced every zipper on the YS vests that folks have had problems with, maybe 4 or 5 tops so far.

Glad to hear you feel safer wearing the vest, I wont ride without mine. Even although it did not stop my collar bone from braking in my last "racing incident" at the track I am 100% sure it saved my neck from injury though
I just sent my MLV-Y vest back to Alan for a larger size. I'm looking forward to adding this to my daily riding gear.
__________________
Honda CT70, Hodaka Dirt Squirt, Kawasaki Versys, Suzuki TU250,
Honda CRF250L, Honda CRF80F, Honda CRF230F, Honda CL70.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #335
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SaferMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Reno Nevada
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by swann View Post
That's a bummer on the bad zippers. Kinda important that the vest stay on a person to protect properly. :)
It was actually the small bottom piece of the zipper that came off, the part that slides into the "handle". The zipper it'self stayed together.

When I started getting calls about it I alerted the factory who tested/replaced all the YS vests they had in stock and replacing zippers where needed
__________________
www.SaferMoto.com
Authorized Dealer of Hit-Air brand Airbag-equipped jackets and vests.
Special Discounted Pricing for ADVrider members use the code ADVRider1 at checkout
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #336
swann
Just practicing...
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: "The noobie" Otsego, MN
Oddometer: 273
Cool, thanks for doing that Alan!
__________________
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. ~ various

Believe you can and you're halfway there. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #337
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SaferMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Reno Nevada
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by swann View Post
Cool, thanks for doing that Alan!
You are welcome, sorry for the inconvenience
__________________
www.SaferMoto.com
Authorized Dealer of Hit-Air brand Airbag-equipped jackets and vests.
Special Discounted Pricing for ADVrider members use the code ADVRider1 at checkout
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #338
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SaferMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Reno Nevada
Oddometer: 262
Cool2 New vest design

For those who want the "ultimate" in air bag visibility we have just released a new vest design



You can take a look at the details here

or our Blog post here

We will have examples with us in Atlanta, Dallas and Long Beach if you want to see them and be "touchy feely"
__________________
www.SaferMoto.com
Authorized Dealer of Hit-Air brand Airbag-equipped jackets and vests.
Special Discounted Pricing for ADVrider members use the code ADVRider1 at checkout
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:35 AM   #339
I-Su.Yu
Adventurer
 
I-Su.Yu's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto View Post
For those who want the "ultimate" in air bag visibility we have just released a new vest design
What are the key differences between MLV-P and MLV-Y? How will the release of the MLV-P affect price and availability of MLV-Y?

Thanks.
I-Su.Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #340
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SaferMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Reno Nevada
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Su.Yu View Post
What are the key differences between MLV-P and MLV-Y? How will the release of the MLV-P affect price and availability of MLV-Y?

Thanks.
The main difference is the addition of the Large "light reflective" areas on the yellow vest to make it show up more at night or dusk conditions.

The MLV-YC is not effected by the release of thee new vest. We realize that the new design may not be, to use a English phrase, "Everyone's cup of tea". So the MLV-YC which replaced the MLV-Y, will continue to be available at the same price point

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions
__________________
www.SaferMoto.com
Authorized Dealer of Hit-Air brand Airbag-equipped jackets and vests.
Special Discounted Pricing for ADVrider members use the code ADVRider1 at checkout
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #341
AceRider01
Fully Loaded
 
AceRider01's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Brisbane Australia
Oddometer: 602
I noted that hit-air used to have a deployment mechanism which would fully inflate the system in 0.5 sec, then a retro-swappable system allows deployment in 0.25sec - which is better - this is when i decide the system is quick enough to be provide some protection in certain type of accidents. I bought one as a result - not yet test it in action except for accidental deployment when i drop my bike from forgetting to deploy side stand - right in front of a crowd of beautiful ladies which probably explain why i was forgetful in the first place

One of hit-air competitor has now produced a system which deploys in less than 0.1 sec on a airbag jacket with similar volume coverage. Are you able to explain what mechanism was improved when hit-air cut down the 0.5 sec system to the 0.25sec system and whether any plans are on the way to cut it down further?
AceRider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #342
SaferMoto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SaferMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Reno Nevada
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRider01 View Post
I noted that hit-air used to have a deployment mechanism which would fully inflate the system in 0.5 sec, then a retro-swappable system allows deployment in 0.25sec - which is better - this is when i decide the system is quick enough to be provide some protection in certain type of accidents. I bought one as a result - not yet test it in action except for accidental deployment when i drop my bike from forgetting to deploy side stand - right in front of a crowd of beautiful ladies which probably explain why i was forgetful in the first place

One of hit-air competitor has now produced a system which deploys in less than 0.1 sec on a airbag jacket with similar volume coverage. Are you able to explain what mechanism was improved when hit-air cut down the 0.5 sec system to the 0.25sec system and whether any plans are on the way to cut it down further?
I hope the beautiful ladies were suitably impressed

I believe the changes made to lower the inflation time were in the keybox design, change in the spring and the rates(I dont know all the technical data and could not divulge it if I knew anyway)

Hit-Air are constantly trying to improve the product and will make improvements as they find them and it is cost effective for you the customer. Along the same lines of changing the keybox for $45 allowed you to move your inflation time from .5 - .25 sec on older vests and jackets.

Which "competitor's" vest are talking about? Point 2?
__________________
www.SaferMoto.com
Authorized Dealer of Hit-Air brand Airbag-equipped jackets and vests.
Special Discounted Pricing for ADVrider members use the code ADVRider1 at checkout
SaferMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #343
Tim McKittrick
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Wasilla Alaska
Oddometer: 1,651
One thing that I was unprepared for (but which is to be expected once given a tiny bit of thought and a moderate understanding of physics) is how cold the vest gets upon inflation.

I really got to notice this the first time I "deployed" mine as it was done for the benefit of the idiot TSA and to waste out the CO2 cart.
Tim McKittrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #344
Thinc2
Paciugo
 
Thinc2's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 4,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto View Post
For those who want the "ultimate" in air bag visibility we have just released a new vest design



You can take a look at the details here

or our Blog post here

We will have examples with us in Atlanta, Dallas and Long Beach if you want to see them and be "touchy feely"
Nice work - that is a huge improvement.
__________________
Me: You should think before you speak.
Daughter: That always backfires on me.
F800GS review.
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #345
AceRider01
Fully Loaded
 
AceRider01's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Brisbane Australia
Oddometer: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaferMoto View Post
I hope the beautiful ladies were suitably impressed

I believe the changes made to lower the inflation time were in the keybox design, change in the spring and the rates(I dont know all the technical data and could not divulge it if I knew anyway)

...........................

Which "competitor's" vest are talking about? Point 2?
I dont know whether the ladies were impressed- i kept my head down and got out of there as soon as i could.


There shouldnt be any secret about the design- if one has the 2 systems in his hands - a comparison should not be difficult - no point worrying whether someone would steal the technology (it's kind bare for all to see) - stronger spring seem like a plausible contributing factor - i was just curious for a comparison anyway.

http://www.motoairbag.com/motoairbag...i_prodotto.php

Motoairbag claims to inflate in 0.08 sec and the associated video seem to indicate that - it's also been certified to CE EN1621/4 - airbag only force attenuation standard, not a bunch non-relevant standards some other manufacturer confuse people into.

I must say i dont like how head/neck support is positioned on Motoairbag as i dont think it provides lateral movement support like hit-air and a number of other manufacturers product - i am however quite impressed with the claimed 0.08 sec inflation rate though.
AceRider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014