Oddometer: 12,250
Was it something I said??

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633154
A-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:50 AM   #212
Hodakaguy
NorthWest Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 1,998
Nope We ordered my father a JetBeam M1X and after reading reviews I decided to sell this one for a little profit and order myself a M1X as well. My fathers M1X arrived yesterday and we took them both out to test them side by side....the Cabela's light is defiantly a brighter white than the M1X and has a more concentrated beam as well. The Cabela's light also threw further than the M1X. I was surprised at the results since the M1X is advertised to throw a further distance than the Cabela's light. Hmmm.....

I think I may just pull the ad and keep what I've got since It works better than the M1X. Either way if I do decide to sell and get something else I'll make another Dorky case for whatever I get

Hodakaguy
And Then There Were Four - OR RR: CLICK HERE
My VW Syncro Westy Build Thread: CLICK HERE
Hodakaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:21 PM   #213
A-Bone OP
Indubitably

nuthin wrong with 'dorky'... this is a flashlight thread on a motorcycle forum.. I think we've pretty much self selected outselves as dorky already...

So what did you guys pay for these flashlights that didn't keep up with the Cabella's light?? I've seen them in the buck-fiddy range....
Old 10-31-2010, 06:57 PM   #214
Hodakaguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bone

nuthin wrong with 'dorky'... this is a flashlight thread on a motorcycle forum.. I think we've pretty much self selected outselves as dorky already...

So what did you guys pay for these flashlights that didn't keep up with the Cabella's light?? I've seen them in the buck-fiddy range....
Picked up the Jetbeam M1X V4 on Ebay new for $125 shipped, not bad. I We are going to order the batt extender and a set of LI rechargeables for it next.

Hodakaguy
Old 11-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #215
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,259
I have the M1X with extender. It's apples and oranges if you aren't using the extender and Li Ions. Your Cabelas light is rocking a Li Ion battery pack. Get that M1X up to its potential and retry, I'd be interested to see your notes as I have never used the Cabelas light. If you are using it with CR123 batteries it won't be close to its output.

Just as a comparison I put my M1X up against the custom light I had made using the SST-50 LED. I expected great things out of that little pocket rocket. The JetBeam blew it away, and I mean by a lot. I guess I should know better just by the reflector size of the Jetbeam.

I do like the rechargable aspect of the Cabelas, I keep a Li Ion charger in my truck so I can do all my Li Ions with one charger, but it's sorta lame having to take the batteries apart.

Report back with beam shots!!!
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:33 AM   #216
Big Single
Tejas

Oddometer: 1,805
For what it's worth, l own a working Streamlight flashlight that I bought in 1983. On one particular night, it served as a replacement for the headlight on my motorcycle. Streamlight makes the most reliable flashlights I've ever owned. There's a reason most cops and firefighters carry Streamlight.
Big Single is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:29 AM   #217
Hodakaguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailah
I have the M1X with extender. It's apples and oranges if you aren't using the extender and Li Ions. Your Cabelas light is rocking a Li Ion battery pack. Get that M1X up to its potential and retry, I'd be interested to see your notes as I have never used the Cabelas light. If you are using it with CR123 batteries it won't be close to its output.

Just as a comparison I put my M1X up against the custom light I had made using the SST-50 LED. I expected great things out of that little pocket rocket. The JetBeam blew it away, and I mean by a lot. I guess I should know better just by the reflector size of the Jetbeam.

I do like the rechargable aspect of the Cabelas, I keep a Li Ion charger in my truck so I can do all my Li Ions with one charger, but it's sorta lame having to take the batteries apart.

Why are the LI Batts producing more light? Are the 123 cells not up to the task when it comes to current draw? I notice in their literature that the lumens remain the same between all the batt combination's and only the run time changes.

What's the best LI 18650 batt/charger setup to get?

Hodakaguy
Old 11-03-2010, 02:38 PM   #218
sailah
Lampin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodakaguy
Why are the LI Batts producing more light? Are the 123 cells not up to the task when it comes to current draw? I notice in their literature that the lumens remain the same between all the batt combination's and only the run time changes.

What's the best LI 18650 batt/charger setup to get?

Hodakaguy
The CR123 batteries are typically 3.0V and Li Ion are 3.7V. There are some CR123 rechargeables that put out 3.6V but probably not what you are running. Most people say the AW brand is the best, but it's like asking what the best motorcycle is.

I have the charger and batteries below and I really think it's the best bang for the buck. In order to use 2 18650's with your M1X, you'll need the extender. Bugoutgearusa.com also sells AW batteries as it's just some guy in hong kong. They are more expensive, but I personally don't think they are worth it.

You can buy the combo but probably worth the extra couple bucks to upgrade the batteries to 2400mah, they last a lot longer. Don't get the 3000 however, most people say they dont last as long as the 2400-2600 types.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/wf139-18500-combo.html
Old 11-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #219
A-Bone OP
Indubitably

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailah

You caught the bug bad huh?
Old 11-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #220
sailah
Lampin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bone

You caught the bug bad huh?
its a relatively cheap one to catch. I'm over it and have a buncha lights to show for it. Use them all the time though.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #221
Super Suz
N00b with B00b

Oddometer: 1,556

Just wear these around camp.

Member of the Oakland Motorcycle Club. In town? Come visit us on a Weds night. We love show and tells! Want to speak about your trip or motorcycle topics in the Bay Area of Northern California? We have a club hall. IM me. If you give us enough notice and if we like your topic, you can come and speak. We have room for others to come and listen too.
Super Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #222
A-Bone OP
Indubitably

Of course you'd burst into flames the first time a spark from the fire hit you... but other than that you'd be FABULOUS!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #223
A-Bone OP
Indubitably

bump for SniperX..

Old 11-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #224
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Single
For what it's worth, l own a working Streamlight flashlight that I bought in 1983. On one particular night, it served as a replacement for the headlight on my motorcycle. Streamlight makes the most reliable flashlights I've ever owned. There's a reason most cops and firefighters carry Streamlight.
I have a great one that needs a second battery pac replacment, but it is great when it works.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:22 PM   #225
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Suz

Just wear these around camp.

Those are DREAMY!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: