Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #466
GSWayne
Old Guy nOOb

Oddometer: 2,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwgrrl View Post
I just brought these in for our store to carry. - look up eagle tac - I just got a nifty 720 lumen small handheld that has a programmable PD strobe feature. Way better value than surefire IMHO. 720 lumen model runs @89

You could buy these: http://www.ledsupermall.com/ultrafir...y-charger.html and sell them for half the price of the Eagle Tec and still have a 247% profit, and they are rated for 1300 lumen output (and the strobe, SOS and reduced output modes) and they also include a rechargeable battery and charger.

Don't bring a motorcycle to a car fight
GSWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #467
ADVMindset
Americana Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,139
Anything new on the market ?

I'm looking for a decent flashlight that I can carry on a daily basis. Something with 200 lumen or more.
So...What's the latest and greatest ? I don't want to spend a fortune but don't want any junk either !
ADVMindset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #468
A-Bone OP
Indubitably

Oddometer: 12,415
How about a bitchin headlamp for under $85...????

Love my 4Seven Quark123... but it would be really nice to have one that could be a headlamp too..

A-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #469
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
impulse buy for me whilst at Tractor Supply. Got a 180 l rechargable torch for $30 clams.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #470
Nytelyte
Somewhere about

Oddometer: 628
I have a Fenix E20 that has been my go-to light for everything for about 2 years now. Good light output, nice beam, small enough to hold yet big enough to not lose, good battery life. Very happy with it. I'd replace it with the newer version or a bigger light, but I've not found enough situations where this is not enough to justify it!

I also have a 4Sevens Quark RGB *SOLD*. Good condition, some body scratches from use, but works perfectly. These are no longer available and are pretty unique. More data than I could ever put together here: 4Sevens RGB Review on Candlepower

Nytelyte screwed with this post 08-17-2012 at 08:17 AM Reason: Sold the light.
Nytelyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #471
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,344
I just bought one of these for EDC:

http://www.countycomm.com/aaastainless.html

tslewisz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #472
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

My EDc has become my Fenix PD32. It is bright, to bright for most use so I leave it in the second brightness mode or turn it up to high (has turb that is brighter than high) for stuff outside at night that is further than 10m away. I love it. Fits in the pocket, takes 2 DL123 pyles, and lasts a long time on them at medium or high mode. Also has a strobe but I never use it. Greatest solid pocket clip I have seen on a small torch as well.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #473
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVMindset View Post
I'm looking for a decent flashlight that I can carry on a daily basis. Something with 200 lumen or more.
So...What's the latest and greatest ? I don't want to spend a fortune but don't want any junk either !
Look at the Fenix line. My PD32 is great and has 315 on turbo mode and is perfect for a pocket carry if you don't mind a torch it's size. I don't even notice I have it sometimes.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #474
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,493
1......2.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
I just bought one of these for EDC:

http://www.countycomm.com/aaastainless.html

I am on my second one of those.
A great small light to always have on hand... unless it is so small that you don't notice it working it's way out of a pocket... while you are on the bike.
The new one went onto a neck lanyard, nothing fancy or bulky just a spliced loop of 80lb dacron fishing line.
Where the first one was just a part of the pile of stuff that goes into pockets when dressing this one now takes an extra thought. If I expect to be out long/late enough that I might need a light, I tend to grab something else/bigger. For all those times that I don't think a light will be needed, this fills the void when I am proven wrong (not nearly infrequent enough).

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #475
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,712
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post
A great small light to always have on hand... unless it is so small that you don't notice it working it's way out of a pocket... while you are on the bike.
The new one went onto a neck lanyard, nothing fancy or bulky just a spliced loop of 80lb dacron fishing line.
Where the first one was just a part of the pile of stuff that goes into pockets when dressing this one now takes an extra thought. If I expect to be out long/late enough that I might need a light, I tend to grab something else/bigger. For all those times that I don't think a light will be needed, this fills the void when I am proven wrong (not nearly infrequent enough).

Bruce
Mysolution was to put it on a tether to another EDC; my lil' pocket knife. Knife in the front pocket, lite in the back (on 5.11 TacPants) or the "watch" pocket on jeans... worx for me.
tony the tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #476
rifflebox
Yee Haw!

Oddometer: 207
TerraLUX

The TerraLUX is a conversion bulb for C&D Maglites. I bought mine at Amazon for $13.99. You might also consider replacing the plastic lens with a glass one. I hate to throw equipment away and this little "rebuild" will add years to the life of your Maglite.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #477
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post

Bruce
I lost my beloved Streamlight micro the same way. So SMALL it worked out of my pocket one too many times....God I hope it turns up under the couch cushions someday....even though it was only 30l it was a great little torch.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #478
Mr Weebles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVMindset View Post
My local gun shop sells the Nebo Redline series for $25 each. Here are the specs, according to the manufacturer:

Specifications:
Settings 220 lumens / 110 lumens / 22 lumens / S.O.S. / Defensive Strobe
Runtime 100% - 4 hours of continuous illumination
50% - 8 hours of continuous illumination
10% - 15 hours of continuous illumination
S.O.S. - 72 hours of continuous illumination
Strobe - 72 hours of continuous illumination
Length 4.5
Diameter 1.5
Weight 0.428 lbs.
Batteries 3 AAA batteries

Nice little light. I haven't used it a lot yet but it seems to be well built.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #479
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,316
Just made an impulse purchase on ebay.

Details when it gets here.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #480
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
Just made an impulse purchase on ebay.

Details when it gets here.
hate it when that happens unless it is cheap like my last impulse buy. I'll have to throw up the pic and specs tomorrow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: