ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #2056
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 9,341
What to do when Winter's here and you can't ride... assemble IKEA furniture.

__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #2057
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater
 
RideFreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: County Lockup, NM
Oddometer: 5,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
I tried a google search and didn't find any. Cant believe that.
Here's one
Another
__________________
Chris
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ... Holy Shit, what a ride!"
CL Adventure Ride 2013 /CL Revisited 2014 / 700 Miles of Scenic Utah Backcountry / MY VIDEOS
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #2058
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer
 
tahoeacr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Tahoe
Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
Thanks!
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #2059
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 9,341
I noticed a new version of the GoPro app for iPhone/iPad/iTouch, released Dec 14, which is supposed to support the Hero 3 when I updated my apps today.
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #2060
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater
 
RideFreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: County Lockup, NM
Oddometer: 5,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
I noticed a new version of the GoPro app for iPhone/iPad/iTouch, released Dec 14, which is supposed to support the Hero 3 when I updated my apps today.
I updated the cam with the new (12/14) firmware, zero issues with the update. Did some quick testing, it seems to work correctly with my Iphone 4s (preview/settings etc...)

When I purchased this I was having some battery issues (3 of the 4 batterys shipped with the unit were bad) I went through the RMA process and they got replacments back to me fairly quick. I did some initial testing and the issues I was having seems to be resolved. I'm headed out tomorrow to do a little Protune testing.

BTW, Wasabi just released the GP V3 batterys and charger set, available on Amazon

$24.99 (smokin deal)
__________________
Chris
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ... Holy Shit, what a ride!"
CL Adventure Ride 2013 /CL Revisited 2014 / 700 Miles of Scenic Utah Backcountry / MY VIDEOS
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #2061
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 9,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
I updated the cam with the new (12/14) firmware, zero issues with the update. Did some quick testing, it seems to work correctly with my Iphone 4s (preview/settings etc...)

When I purchased this I was having some battery issues (3 of the 4 batterys shipped with the unit were bad) I went through the RMA process and they got replacments back to me fairly quick. I did some initial testing and the issues I was having seems to be resolved. I'm headed out tomorrow to do a little Protune testing.

BTW, Wasabi just released the GP V3 batterys and charger set, available on Amazon

$24.99 (smokin deal)
Glad to hear it's working.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better deal than the Wasabi charger and batteries.

Just wondering: when you're using the iPhone app, does it always revert to "Wide" in the "Camera/Field of View" setting? I find it annoying that it does that. Must report it as a bug.
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #2062
jesse v
Motorcyclist
 
jesse v's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Oddometer: 205
My Go Pro's inaugural run... My band's CD release party 2 weeks ago [shameless plug: see sig ]



I'm the drummer. My wife had the camera; she didn't know she could have gone onstage for closeups. anyway... the drunk guy in front makes it look like nobody is there, but there were more people farther back in the restaurant area.
__________________
everybody lies
My band: June Embers
jesse v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #2063
aardschok
Fallout Rider
 
aardschok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: State of Apathy
Oddometer: 551
Hero 3 white app working

Got the New 12-14-12 app working with my Hero 3 White. I had to re-install the firmware (you give the camera a name) to the camera and reset all my settings to "find" the wi-fi signiture for the new Android App.

A little of a run around but it all works now.
__________________
"When you have to shoot...Shoot! Don't talk."


MVT
aardschok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #2064
Jon_PDX
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Clackamas, OR - USA
Oddometer: 1,114
Steadicam Smoothee

Came across this on Amazon....

Steadicam Smoothee
http://www.amazon.com/Steadicam-Smoo...+black+edition



More info here on their web site...
http://www.tiffen.com/steadicam_smoothee_homepage1.html

Check out their video section to see it in action.

This video shows how it works.
http://vimeo.com/23060737

Jon...
__________________
Bikeless at this time
Past Bikes.....Check with my Wife.....I've lost count :-)
Jon_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #2065
nibby
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: U.K.
Oddometer: 105
Posted this in a different thread then come accross this one

Not sure if It's worth waiting but I would want to be able to do the things below when I get one. Any help would be great, cheers.

I'm thinking of a GP and want to do the following

When mounted I would like to not have to then touch the unit again until I have finished the ride but want to make sure I am filming the correct things.

Therefore would like to mount the GP on my Helmet for example then take my Android mobile and make sure I have it set correctly by viewing the footage on the mobile to see if setup correctly before starting the ride.

Then I want to have the remote record device mounted on my bars so when I come to the first bit worth filming I can press the "go" button on the bars and it starts recording. Same when I want to stop recording, then start again (you get the idea )

When stopped for lunch would be then nice to view on the Android phone what I've recorded or bits of it, so want to ff and rewind recorded footage from the phone.

If I want and no doubt will need extra battery power I will also have the extra battery pack attached for when the original runs out. Will the extra attached battery start working after the original runs out so I will get a continuous 2-3 hrs life??

So in the above example I will not have to touch the GP on the helment as I will/should have everything I need from the bars and the phone?

I would also like the ability when editing to show some of the footage in slow mo.

Can that be done and if yes I'm presuming I need the GP3 Black version?

Thanks for any help.
nibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #2066
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 9,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibby View Post
Posted this in a different thread then come accross this one

Not sure if It's worth waiting but I would want to be able to do the things below when I get one. Any help would be great, cheers.

I'm thinking of a GP and want to do the following

When mounted I would like to not have to then touch the unit again until I have finished the ride but want to make sure I am filming the correct things.

Therefore would like to mount the GP on my Helmet for example then take my Android mobile and make sure I have it set correctly by viewing the footage on the mobile to see if setup correctly before starting the ride.

Then I want to have the remote record device mounted on my bars so when I come to the first bit worth filming I can press the "go" button on the bars and it starts recording. Same when I want to stop recording, then start again (you get the idea )

No problem - with the WiFi Backpack and Remote this is exactly what I do

When stopped for lunch would be then nice to view on the Android phone what I've recorded or bits of it, so want to ff and rewind recorded footage from the phone.

Problem - unless you take the card out and put it into some other video playback device, you can't see the footage you recorded on a GoPro camera - it has no playback feature

If I want and no doubt will need extra battery power I will also have the extra battery pack attached for when the original runs out. Will the extra attached battery start working after the original runs out so I will get a continuous 2-3 hrs life??

If you have an extra battery on it, you can't have the WiFi and Remote working. The WiFi has its own battery, though, so that helps a bit

So in the above example I will not have to touch the GP on the helment as I will/should have everything I need from the bars and the phone?

I would also like the ability when editing to show some of the footage in slow mo.

Record in the faster frame rate modes when you want slo-mo.

Can that be done and if yes I'm presuming I need the GP3 Black version?

You should be able to do that with any of the modern GoPros - the Hero 2 and any of the Hero 3, as far as I know

Thanks for any help.
See the red text for answers.
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #2067
NordieBoy
Armature speller
 
NordieBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kiwiland
Oddometer: 7,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
See the red text for answers.
So a GP3 Black with a battery backpack would be ideal.
__________________
DR650 Wiki
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #2068
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 9,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
So a GP3 Black with a battery backpack would be ideal.
Yeah, I forgot WiFi is built in on that one.


Sent using strings and tin cans and Tapatalk
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #2069
nibby
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: U.K.
Oddometer: 105
Thanks for the replies. Looks like the gp3 will be on my future list of must haves:-)



Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
nibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #2070
StuartV
Motorcyclist
 
StuartV's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Bristow, VA
Oddometer: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse v View Post
I'm the drummer. My wife had the camera; she didn't know she could have gone onstage for closeups. anyway... the drunk guy in front makes it look like nobody is there, but there were more people farther back in the restaurant area.

Good work. Cool song. Your kit sounded really good. Very impressive for a built-in mic on the GP.
__________________
- Stu
'09 R12GS, '05 GSX-R1000
Iron Butt # 4999, WERA/CCS EX # 666 (currently, expired), AMA Life Member
Racer, Drummer, Bassist, Software Engineer
StuartV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014