Yes the WiFi remote system............
Pretty sure thats the case as well
Gaz
DLRuapuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #2237
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
I did a quick test of my H3 Silver and an external mic today on my DIY ballcap camera mount. as cheap as this knock-off mic is, I like the audio much better than the internal mic of my GoPro camera. Judge for yourself though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDAAIMXh_-k

There is a reason Dogs do not live as long as we do. They are your Resume' in Heaven...
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #2238
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Just for grins and giggles, I am trying to modify a dog helmet to widen it and prepare it for mounting my GoPro onto. I picked this toy helmet up for $0.50 cents at a yard sale yesterday and then proceeded to cut it in half in order to widen it and then fit it to my dog, Murphy. I still have to trim down the back to allow a better fit at the dog' neck when done. I also will be adding a 1/4X20 set screw on the top of the helmet in order to put a camera mount there for my GoPro. I'll do that once the helmet is finished, so I can tell about the location and balance before making any final mods and reassembly of the two parts. I am trying to contact Tap Plastics to get some advise and to also advise me on how to make a mold of these pieces or helmet in order to make one or two more for myself. This toy helmet was meant for fans to shake and rattle as they cheered on their team at a football game, It was full of bb's under a cover plate inside the helmet. Any rate, this is just a fun DIY project, so if it does not turn out so well, it was no big waste of money involved with it. This helmet is not for actual protection, but just like my ZoomerGear helmet that Murph occassionally wears, it is more for just show and photo ops.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930fo...7632844663253/

Here was a dog collar camera mount I did quite a while back for my old Hero 960 camera:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930fo...7629774596928/

Here were some previous dog camera helmet mods I tried making in the past:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930fo...7627800670206/

Like say, once completed I'll check it out to see if I can indeed mount a Gopro onto it or not.

There is a reason Dogs do not live as long as we do. They are your Resume' in Heaven...
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #2239
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
anyone with experience or knowledge to the following question?

i have a midland gtx1000vp4 two way radio, and want to know if
with the proper Y cables/splitters if you can capture both send and receive transmission on the go pro from the two way ....i would also want to
add an external mic.....

so, a 1 to 3 splitter from the go pro
a Y cable from each of the mic and speaker on the two way to plug
into the splitter from the go pro ....

that make sense?
Old 02-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #2240
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 905
So I'm using my white edition with my iPhone 5, via wifi. And when I preview it. It has about 3-5 secs lag.

Any of ya having this issue ?

nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #2241
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttynu View Post
So I'm using my white edition with my iPhone 5, via wifi. And when I preview it. It has about 3-5 secs lag.

that's normal, that's how it works.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #2242
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
that's normal, that's how it works.
Thanak for confirming !!

I thought it was just me. But I guess I was expecting a "live " image.

I use the preview when I'm moutif the cam on top of car.

nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #2243
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,074
Quote:
Thanak for confirming !!

I thought it was just me. But I guess I was expecting a "live " image.

I use the preview when I'm moutif the cam on top of car.
Same on the android app.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #2244
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,060
I can't remember which gopro I used for this...maybe the H2...

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #2245
StuartV
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 854
Quote:

It's roughly 2-3 seconds for me with my Black and my Android phone or tablet.
Racer, Drummer, Bassist, Software Engineer
StuartV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #2246
Jon_PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterGdawg View Post
anyone with experience or knowledge to the following question?

i have a midland gtx1000vp4 two way radio, and want to know if
with the proper Y cables/splitters if you can capture both send and receive transmission on the go pro from the two way ....i would also want to
add an external mic.....

so, a 1 to 3 splitter from the go pro
a Y cable from each of the mic and speaker on the two way to plug
into the splitter from the go pro ....

that make sense?
Not sure if this will be of much help but I'll pass along what I can....

If you have a helmet mounted speaker/mic setup for the radios you might (???) be able to tap into the signals. I say might because I don't remember if those Midland radios can be used with Midland's motorcycle helmet setup and if the mic requires power from the radio to work.

As far as using splitters, I've had mixed results. Sometimes they work just fine like when adding speakers to a system. Other times you run into feedback issues or signal loops where a signal from one device gets into the other device. The only way to know for sure would be to give the splitters a try.

If you do run into issues with signals feeding back then the only way to avoid that would be to isolate the signals from each other.

If that's the case then something like a Mix-It that allows multiple inputs and combines them into one output which you would then feed to the GoPro mic input may be the solution.

More info on the Mix-It can be found here...
http://www.mixitproducts.com

I'm not sure if something like that would work in your situation or not but the info on their site may give you some ideas.

What ever you decide to do, keep live audio output levels (like from the radios) low in the beginning so you do not drive the mic input on the GoPro to hard. I'm not sure what the specs on the GoPro are but it would be a shame to over drive the mic input and hurt it.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas on how to configure your setup.

If you get it all working post back here in case others wish to do something similar.

Jon...
Old 03-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #2247
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I can't remember which gopro I used for this...maybe the H2...

That looked like a great ride. Thanks for posting.
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #2248
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_PDX View Post
Not sure if this will be of much help but I'll pass along what I can....

If you have a helmet mounted speaker/mic setup for the radios you might (???) be able to tap into the signals. I say might because I don't remember if those Midland radios can be used with Midland's motorcycle helmet setup and if the mic requires power from the radio to work.

As far as using splitters, I've had mixed results. Sometimes they work just fine like when adding speakers to a system. Other times you run into feedback issues or signal loops where a signal from one device gets into the other device. The only way to know for sure would be to give the splitters a try.

If you do run into issues with signals feeding back then the only way to avoid that would be to isolate the signals from each other.

If that's the case then something like a Mix-It that allows multiple inputs and combines them into one output which you would then feed to the GoPro mic input may be the solution.

More info on the Mix-It can be found here...
http://www.mixitproducts.com

I'm not sure if something like that would work in your situation or not but the info on their site may give you some ideas.

What ever you decide to do, keep live audio output levels (like from the radios) low in the beginning so you do not drive the mic input on the GoPro to hard. I'm not sure what the specs on the GoPro are but it would be a shame to over drive the mic input and hurt it.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas on how to configure your setup.

If you get it all working post back here in case others wish to do something similar.

Jon...

Thank u...I guess I will head to radio shack and test some stuff out....ill post what I find
Old 03-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #2249
Peirre O`Bollox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
On a slightly different note:
(discounting the possible safety issue while being connected to the bike with a cable)

Has anyone used their helmet mounted GP in a skeleton case on a dry day while riding (touring) and hooked the GP up to a USB power source on the bike using lets say a $2 10ft spiral USB A - USB B cable to give a virtually unlimited power source to the GP while in use. negating the need to stop & swop out GP batteries. As I`m considering this idea, especially as I already have comms cable connecting me to the bike, and maybe the power cable for the gerbing if req`d

discuss .......
Old 03-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #2250
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peirre O`Bollox View Post
On a slightly different note:
(discounting the possible safety issue while being connected to the bike with a cable)

Has anyone used their helmet mounted GP in a skeleton case on a dry day while riding (touring) and hooked the GP up to a USB power source on the bike using lets say a $2 10ft spiral USB A - USB B cable to give a virtually unlimited power source to the GP while in use. negating the need to stop & swop out GP batteries. As I`m considering this idea, especially as I already have comms cable connecting me to the bike, and maybe the power cable for the gerbing if req`d

discuss .......
If you read some of the posts from the GoPro forums they aren't having good luck using the GoPro in record mode while running off the USB cable. It's fine for playback running off USB. I'm going to sacrifice (take apart) a battery so I can connect wires to it internally, leave the metal back off the cam and run the wires out the back of the openings in the non-waterproof case cover, whan I can get around to it. Too many projects, not enough time.
Here's a recent ride shot mostly with the H3 @ 1080/60, still working on the settings to get rid of the jello effect from stabilization.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote