Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #631
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,806
To contact GoPro, fill out the online form, they will get back to you.

If you look at the original CAD drawings of the LCD screen, it's not the same as the finished product, the screen was smaller and the function button was on the back not the side. This screen is not only bigger, it also has a speaker built in, you can view and fast forward through videos and play back pictures.. I think they promised and over-delivered. Sure, the date was long over due but it's here now.

It looks like there's been a strong demand for the LCD bacpac, they've changed their site to say 2 day order processing instead of one day.

GoPro dealers have known about this for a while, my local dealer had given me the release date and price but I didn't believe him. He has a whole bunch on order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
I just called Go Pro - is there phone system the shitest?

I was calling internationally and on hold for 10 minutes - hung up in the end.

There seems to be a consistent level of over promising with gopro.

Does anyone know what is going on with the company? It just seems like a lot of smart stuff takes years to get to market - lets face it they are all made in china so why the wait? (honest question)

If I could launch a VC buyout from here I would seriously contemplate it - gopro have a great product (by no means exclusively good) and yet the delivery is somewhat less than you'd expect...
Old 02-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #632
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,019
Got an email, my LCD BacPac, spare battery, and some extra flat mounts just shipped, yipee!
Fun stuff later...
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #633
Against The Wind
I'm older now but still runnin'

Oddometer: 1,304
Please post the size of the LCD screen and your impressions. The GoPro site didn't list the size of the screen, so I emailed them to ask..
Old 02-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #634
cdogg44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2k View Post
Anyone who is interested in getting a GoPro camera should consider using the coupon code gopro25 on BuyDig.com. You save 25%. I'm getting a HD Hero Naked for about the same price as the GoPro 960. I think it's worth it for the better frame rates on the lower resolutions which I plan to use most of the time, slow motion will look more awesome. Also, it supports that new LCD on the back and the 960 does not.

Anyone else know of a better coupon code please post so we can all get the best deal.
Appreciate the heads up. Been on the fence with one of these for awhile and 25% off sealed the deal. Thanks!
cdogg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #635
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against The Wind View Post
Please post the size of the LCD screen and your impressions. The GoPro site didn't list the size of the screen, so I emailed them to ask..
My GoPro HD cam is ~1.6" x 2.3". Scaling off the image of the BacPac and using standard video 3:4 screen ratio, I would put the screen physical size at 1.25" x 1.66". It's a tiny cam, the screen isn't going to be all that big no matter what. We'll see whoever get's theirs first.

Update: A friend just got his. The LCD is 3cm high and 4cm wide, there are no specs on resolution he can find. No images to share yet.

cyborg screwed with this post 02-04-2011 at 02:08 PM Reason: Update
Old 02-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #636
Jon_PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Against The Wind View Post
Please post the size of the LCD screen and your impressions......
+1 on that.

I'm having a hard time holding off getting one so I'm really looking forward to some reviews.

Jon...
Old 02-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #637
bondbmw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Just finished messing about with the bacpac that got delivered today... Love it!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #638
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondbmw View Post
Just finished messing about with the bacpac that got delivered today... Love it!

Pics please with the display on! How easy is it to play and fast forward with one button.. and also what is the actual size of the screen itself?

Old 02-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #639
种.
Ajaa kuin mummo

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by zDollar Bill View Post
What mode is this in or how many fps?
Photo every 5 s and playback at 25 fps.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #640
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,673
Got the LCD today

So here is what you get.

Once opened up.

You mount it by hooking one side on and then closing it like a door.

Here we see how much thickness it adds. It adds pretty much zero weight.

Here we see the scree size. 4cm by 3 cm.

First thing to do is update the firmware since mine was too old to work with the LCD. To check you snap on the LCD and turn the camera on. If the LCD doesn't light up then you have the old firmware. I had to try several times before the firmware seemed to take. It may have been that I still had some photos on the card as well as the .bin file you get fro GoPro. I erased the card totally and then copied over just the .bin file and it worked. It is a bit wonky but there is a video in the GoPro site. You hold down the shutter button and hit the power button once. The camera beeps six times. You keep holding the shutter button down and hit the power button three times. Up appears on the screen and the red light flashes for 5 seconds or so. The unit powers off. Then yopu release the shutter and are done.

The screen is very sharp.

Fast forward and rewind are easy. When you hold down the play button on the side of the screen for 2 seconds you are in playback mode. Holding down the shutter or power buttons gives you fast forward or rewind.
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #641
MSH
The Salt

Oddometer: 3,109
Right on... Super cool. how long did it take for you to get it after you ordered it? I want one now.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #642
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,673
GoPro

2 days to Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSH View Post
Right on... Super cool. how long did it take for you to get it after you ordered it? I want one now.
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #643
JustinT
I will ride my whole life

Oddometer: 950
GPS data on Gopro vids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtadlock View Post
I don't know, seems like a waste of battery to run GPS just to get speed and location data. I do this with my gopro all the time by matching up the time in the video with the time in my gpx file.
Has anyone used Dashware, http://www.dashware.net/, saw it on teh gopro forum...looks fun and as much as ya'll use GPS's and tracks seems like it be a great way to incorporate it in to the ADV vids. I don't have a fast enough computer for my own editing to look right so I doubt I'll pay for it but I will try the trial. I'll start that when I have some good video and tracks to play with.

I downloaded a free Datalogger to my android that looks useful..Or I can use my Garmin....just depends on what sort of riding I'm doing. but I'll try tracks from both. It'll be a few more weeks before I try it out!

Just passing it along!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #644
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650Rking View Post
Has anyone used Dashware, http://www.dashware.net/, saw it on teh gopro forum...looks fun and as much as ya'll use GPS's and tracks seems like it be a great way to incorporate it in to the ADV vids. I don't have a fast enough computer for my own editing to look right so I doubt I'll pay for it but I will try the trial. I'll start that when I have some good video and tracks to play with.

I downloaded a free Datalogger to my android that looks useful..Or I can use my Garmin....just depends on what sort of riding I'm doing. but I'll try tracks from both. It'll be a few more weeks before I try it out!
Just passing it along!
Great find! That's some cool software for adding interest to the video. I'm sure some enterprising geek will edit the position/speed GPS data to double or triple the actual speed on the display as they ride...
Old 02-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #645
Jon_PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley View Post
So here is what you get...........
Thanks for the review and pictures. Of course now I REALLY want one

I also like that they include new rear covers so you can leave it on the camera if you want to.

Jon...

Side note:
Thanks to you and Bash3R I have recently added a 60D and G12 to my equipment list. And the boss (wife) was ok with it. So I can't wait to go out and play once the weather improves.