Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2010, 07:49 AM   #61
RichardU
Let's Ride

Oddometer: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumb
Here is a short and simple sequence I put together of the last few days of riding.
Nice job. Thanks for sharing. The roads in front of my house are covered with ice. It's nice to see someplace that looks warm.
RichardU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #62
jamier
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Just curious if anyone has experience with the Drift x170 camera?

I'm still debating on getting one of these and I like the every 2 second feature of the GoPro...
but I also like the remote. But sound like GoPro is going to have a remote later this year.

Does anyone have a full sized picture that the GoPro takes for the typical shots?
I'm guessing you have hundreds to sift through after a long ride... and a lot will be deleted... Just curious what you end up after 1000 pictures.
jamier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #63
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamier
Just curious if anyone has experience with the Drift x170 camera?

I'm still debating on getting one of these and I like the every 2 second feature of the GoPro...
but I also like the remote. But sound like GoPro is going to have a remote later this year.

Does anyone have a full sized picture that the GoPro takes for the typical shots?
I'm guessing you have hundreds to sift through after a long ride... and a lot will be deleted... Just curious what you end up after 1000 pictures.
Jamier: These may not be what you are looking for, as these are from the NON HD version. The link is to a gallery I put up of the GoPro 5MP stills that I took on a short, late afternoon ride several weeks ago. The camera was set to take a photo every 5 seconds (every 2 secs is the other choice on my NON HD GoPro). This gallery is the best of the bunch that I got, after culling out a lot of photos. You can see the jiggly lines that result from the GP CMOS rolling shutter, lots of noise, really not that great, in my view (but I'm used to shooting with a Nikon D80, 10 MP DSLR). If you are not shooting at high noon, with lots of light, you likely will get similar results. If you have lots of light, it makes a big difference.

Here is that gallery: http://f-rider.smugmug.com/Motorcycl...25553736_dMYfj Click the "O" to get the original 5MP shots.

I also used the GoPro 5 MP (not HD version) this past summer. The videos from that week of riding are here: http://f-rider.smugmug.com/Motorcycl...83811554_smbHp
Old 01-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #64
greenthumb
b00b

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchmeister
Jamier: These may not be what you are looking for, as these are from the NON HD version.
AFAIK the SD and HD heros use the same 5MP sensor. As long as you have the wide version, I would think the stills would be the same short of any processing differences.
greenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:00 AM   #65
Coho911
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,343
I wonder how 'Shock resistant" it is.... would be very cool to put it on my Hockey goalie helmet for a period !

This guy did it - but I'd want it in a better spot for field of view & would be SUPER worried it'd get broken from a hard shot...

----> LC4 Info Thread <----

So many places to go and see, so little time...do it whenever you can, cause too late comes fast. - Coho

The internets BEST Site for Image Hosting ---> Smugmug <--- SAVE $ 5.00 on smugmug membership with this COUPON - hUuJ7EHBKXWDU
Coho911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:28 AM   #66
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 10,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryB
Anyone know what the orange rubber thing that comes with the HD Hero is?

It's an insert to make the connection to the base more secure.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #67
jcalis
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
GoProHD test

Too cold here to do much with the new camera, but I did this test shot a couple of weeks ago. Shot on the HD in r5, reduced to 720p for upload to vimeo. I added a rear-view PIP shot with my older camera, used Sony Vegas to combine the two clips.

Kx250 short street ride: http://www.vimeo.com/8044820

Still waiting for the firmware update so I can use the "UPd" mode, as my new mount hangs the camera upside down below the visor.

I am also having card issues (like most others) that try to use a class 6 16gb or 32gb sizes. Hopefully the new firmware fixes most issues this camera has
Old 01-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #68
husky123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Too cool! Great setup jcalis!
husky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #69
LarryB
Baja GPS Maps, LBMaps.com

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumb
Here is a short and simple sequence I put together of the last few days of riding. There is a little quality loss but you can download the original from vimeo if you wish.

&nbsp
&nbsp
Baja Mexico from j b on Vimeo.
Nice! Obviously Sunday in Mulege. What time of year? I don't think I have seen Santispac so empty. Nice bit of escape with the rain here in WA. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #70
greenthumb
b00b

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryB
Nice! Obviously Sunday in Mulege. What time of year? I don't think I have seen Santispac so empty. Nice bit of escape with the rain here in WA. Thanks!
Good call! Youre right on the money. This was just a few days ago.
greenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #71
jamier
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchmeister
Jamier: These may not be what you are looking for, as these are from the NON HD version. The link is to a gallery I put up of the GoPro 5MP...
Thanks for the pics and reply. I guess you are not going to get a 'crisp' (camera on tripod) type of image when moving. Just trying to figure out a 'hands free' way to take pictures while in motion.

Are the pics in the first link with the camera mounted to the front signal or helmet?

It's hard to get a feel for a camera without actually trying one out.
jamier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #72
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamier
Thanks for the pics and reply. I guess you are not going to get a 'crisp' (camera on tripod) type of image when moving. Just trying to figure out a 'hands free' way to take pictures while in motion.

Are the pics in the first link with the camera mounted to the front signal or helmet?

It's hard to get a feel for a camera without actually trying one out.
All pics and all videos done with the GoPro were done with the mount on the turn signal. I haven't experimented much but found that to be the most convenient place to put the camera and offered the least vibrations in my limited tests. It takes a lot of time to putz around, experiment, then go back and analyze footage. My next experiment is to try out an Apple iPod Nano 5G I bought myself. It has video. I might rig up a kind of "necklace" and just toss it over my head, start the camera, and go. Still too much snow and ice, though. Can't even get out of my neighborhood.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:03 PM   #73
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,290
Editing Go Pro HD Video

Before I dive in and try to master Adobe Premier Elements 4.0 using Windows Vista, chime in here and talk me out of it if there is a better platform out there. Gracias.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #74
RichardU
Let's Ride

Oddometer: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot
Before I dive in and try to master Adobe Premier Elements 4.0 using Windows Vista, chime in here and talk me out of it if there is a better platform out there. Gracias.
I recently tried most of the Windows programs and found that the best is Magix Movie Edit Pro 15+.
RichardU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:05 AM   #75
Rashnak
Lorem Ipsum

Oddometer: 9,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot
I personally like Corel

most of these products have a free trial period. I'd suggest you take advantage and compare.
Rashnak is offline   Reply With Quote