Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #301
Brad Felmey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike View Post
What's it doing on the table? It only takes a minute to install.

I hope it fits!

Mike
I'm sick as a dog.
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:39 AM   #302
r11mja
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by r11mja View Post
any word on the drz400 stand yet?
????
r11mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #303
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Felmey View Post
I'm sick as a dog.
Sorry to hear that. I hope you are feeling bettter soon.

Mike
Old 03-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #304
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Quote:
????
I am sorry but I never did much on the DRZ. I still plan on giving it a go when I get a chance. It actually looks like it may be pretty simple. My problem is things are picking up and I am keeping pretty busy just trying to fill the orders that are coming in. Which are not that many, I can only make about five stands a week. And I usually don't make that many due to other obligations

Mike
Old 03-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #305
createAbang
Vagabundos del Moto

Oddometer: 59
We'd be interested in a pair of DRZs also if it happens.

createAbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #306
r11mja
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike View Post
I am sorry but I never did much on the DRZ. I still plan on giving it a go when I get a chance. It actually looks like it may be pretty simple. My problem is things are picking up and I am keeping pretty busy just trying to fill the orders that are coming in. Which are not that many, I can only make about five stands a week. And I usually don't make that many due to other obligations

Mike
thanks Mike, just pm me when you get it done.
r11mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #307
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Quote:
thanks Mike, just pm me when you get it done.
You got it!

Mike
Old 03-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #308
DevildogLt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Center stand

Cigar Mike-

Finally got the chance to get my center stand installed and wanted to get you a pic.

Pay no attention to the muffler. I had to remove my White Bros. Exhaust and put on this stock one I bought off ebay so that I would pass inspection. First priority was to put the stand on before changing the exhaust back.

Thanks again!

DevildogLt

[IMG][/IMG]
DevildogLt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #309
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevildogLt View Post
Cigar Mike-

Finally got the chance to get my center stand installed and wanted to get you a pic.

Pay no attention to the muffler. I had to remove my White Bros. Exhaust and put on this stock one I bought off ebay so that I would pass inspection. First priority was to put the stand on before changing the exhaust back.

Thanks again!

DevildogLt

[IMG][/IMG]
That is a great angle. I get asked about interference with skid plates. Most skid plates if not all will need to be trimmed in length up to 1" depending on the manufacturer. The Ricochet needs about 3/8" trimmed off the back. The two side pieces that are on each side that supports the pivot point are tapered and blend into the plate.

Thanks for posting the picture. I see that you found a place for the sticker. I hope that it helped with the storage of the bike.

It is nice you were able to find some time to work on the bike. I imagine you have been pretty busy over there.

Thank you for your service.

Mike
Old 03-31-2011, 05:23 AM   #310
norvegicus
waiting for spring...

Oddometer: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevildogLt View Post
Cigar Mike-

Thanks again!

DevildogLt

[IMG][/IMG]
Nice Cruiser, Lt! 78 series?
Old 04-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #311
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

NX650 and TA Centerstands Good and Bad

NX650 centerstand

I did get a couple of stands out to see how they would work out. The first one indicates that there is some corrections that need to made. But looks to be minor in nature. Once I make these minor corrections it should be a good stand.

The bad

Bike not sitting level on the stand

Balance point off- bike sits on rear wheel.

Pressdown leg needs to be out a bit to clear swing arm.

Good

Bolts on easily and fits

Good ground clearance at feet

Bike goes up on stand easily

I have a second stand out and I am waiting for a report. I made some changes on it and I am hopeful that some of the problems where corrected with the changes. If there is ever a problem with the stands, I want them back. I will repair, replace or refund for any stand I make if it is not right.

I hate buying crap and I hate selling crap even more.

TA centerstand

I think we have got this one very close to being right. The increased length of the pressdown leg makes the bike much easier to get the bike up on the stand. I will need to make it stronger so that it does not bend when using it. I am very close to having this one ready to go. After all it has only been 14 months that I have been working on this.

If any of you are going to want a centerstand. Order early so that you will have it for a planned trip. The weather is getting very nice and I will go riding. I have been known to go for weeks at a time.

Mike
Old 04-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #312
Brad Felmey
Beastly Adventurer

Mike is being exceptionally hard on himself. It is nice to see someone who takes pride in their work, and Mike certainly does seem to.

I got NX650 stand #1. It's a work of art and you could park a truck on it. It's easy to get the bike up on it and the "tilt" is so minor I used a level to check things out since Mike asked me to give feedback. The clearance with it stowed is simply excellent.

One bolt and the sucker is on there super-strong. A wonderful design that took me literally less than 1 minute to install.

It folds up so tight you'll never know it's there:

And up on the stand!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #313
Brad Felmey
Beastly Adventurer

Oh, and please excuse the dusty bike. I didn't wash it before taking the pictures.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #314
KilgoreTrout
adventure flyfisher

Oddometer: 353
Re:TransAlp

Mike, regarding funds for TA stand I will send funds for stand whenever you are ready. I have checked your site but do not see a price for TA. I imagine you are set up for Pay Pal? Should I contact you via PM? Waiting in the wings.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #315
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
Mike, regarding funds for TA stand I will send funds for stand whenever you are ready. I have checked your site but do not see a price for TA. I imagine you are set up for Pay Pal? Should I contact you via PM? Waiting in the wings.
I am sorry that it is taking so long to get this done. I keep trying to find the time to finish this. You can blame the inmates here for keeping me so busy. Spring is here and orders keep coming in. I have actually increased the hours I work to try and get caught up. I can't believe I did that. The ADV inmates have been so good to me it is hard not to get everyone's stand out as soon as possible.

When the TA stand is ready I will send some PMs to those of you that have been so patient waiting for this stand, before I make it known to everyone else. The price will be in line with the rest of the stands. It will be in the $160 range less the ADV discount. I am looking into getting some of the parts made for this one to try and keep the price down. I am going to put one of the next stands on an inmate's bike that is headed to South America. That should provide a long term test for the stand.

Mike

If I start working to hard I may have to go ride for a couple of weeks. Cathy is asking me why we are not riding more now that we are retired. She actually asked me yesterday, "how dumb are you?"

Mike