Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 12:19 PM   #1
knaillhard OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Brand spankin old DR600 - where do we go from here?

Hi everybody,

I just picked up my first thumper - 86 model DR600 Dakar. Asides from losing my kicklever on the freeway and the engine dripping oil, it is a peach. I am officially hooked on the sound and feel of the single - just love it.

Now, it has some wear and tear, and the state of everything is basically unknown - PO claims ownership for around three weeks before selling it to me - I am looking for advice on where to start shining it up.

I got a hold of an old scan of a service manual, so I guess I`ll start with a full service of the basics (oil/air filter/cable adjustments etc). Is there anything else you would do before just riding it and fix things as the come along?

I also got some odd information from the seller, when he had measured the charging, he got a reading around 8v, and noticed the 6v battery in it. In the manual I got a hold of, it said it was delivered with a 12v battery. Is this just some half-ass fix, throwing in whatever battery was lying around or was there some odd model delivered with a 6v system?

I am thankful for your input :)

And offcourse, picture of the beast (stolen from the ad):
knaillhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:13 PM   #2
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,495
I think you should try to beat his resale time of three weeks by as much as you can.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote