Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #376
Ks-Rydr
from the land of Toto

Oddometer: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
Where are you located Ks-Rydr, I'll come to you.

The pictures I posted were all from last week. Real life awesomeness man!

--Alex
Alex, anytime you're riding through or near Wichita, Ks. let me know and we'll hook up.
I might even be able to get the inventor of the "endurostar Trail Stand" to join us, as he lives not far away.
Lots of small town's with "Mom & Pop" cafe's in the area with great home cooking style meals.
I have been lurking on your thread since nearly the begining, and enjoying your report, I wish
you the best of luck....
Sorry Steve-----HI-JACK OFF -----------
Old 11-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #377
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,861
Laugh

No Hi-Jack at all KS-Rydr, I'm right in there with ya! I'd love to hear the stories from Big Al first hand one of these days!

That post deserves to be bumped to the new page
I mean how often do you get to see your product used in a place like Bolivia afterall, I've sent them all over the world but don't get the feedback like Big Al's often

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
Ride to middle of no where in Bolivia on dirt roads, 30 miles from nearest town, and get flat rear tire at 40mph and nearly crash and burn.

Whip out your trail stand and secure front brake lever.

Remember to take a picture of what the middle of no where looks like in Bolivia.

Grab trail stand and adjust for the right height. Kneel at the side of the unloaded bike, push with left hand towards kickstand, and set trail stand under frame member. Viola, you created the second half of your center stand.

Remove wheel then tire, then tube, and find puncture, and remember that you have no patch kit and no pump. Realize your basically screwed and you haven't seen a car in the 30 minutes you've spent on the side of the dirt road in the middle of no where Bolivia.

Collect scrub brush branches to stuff in empty tube to support weight of loaded overland adventure bike for next 50km to paved road and hopefully a tire shop (llanteria).

Take picture of one of the donor scrub brush bushes.

Put tire bake one, stuffed full of branches from scrub brush bushes.

Take picture of proof of less scrub brush bush branches. They are really in the tire.

Put tire back on.

Ride at 18mph for about 20 minutes in the middle of no where Bolivia on dirt roads.

After realizing your scrub brush bush branches are just pulverizing, whip out the trail stand, secure front brake lever, adjust stand, and lift rear wheel of the ground.

This time use wheat grass.

Stuff shit loads into rear tire.

Ride 40km (25miles) further and see town in the distance.

Arrive at town and have celebratory Coca Cola, though you realize you just ran out of gas and have to go find more for sale from a local with a 5gl gas can, and then ride still flat tire to tire shop where you have to remove the rear wheel for the third time with the Enduro Trail Stand, and look like a pro in front of locals as you whip out the previously practiced drill for the third time that day.

I WILL NOT EVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THIS PRODUCT ON A BIKE WITHOUT A CENTER STAND EVER! PERIOD.

--Alex Smith
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #378
backtodirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
hey steve anyone sell them in Australia? if not maybe I should buy 100 and become your rep over here??!!

Cheers
Jeremy
backtodirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:16 AM   #379
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtodirt View Post
hey steve anyone sell them in Australia? if not maybe I should buy 100 and become your rep over here??!!

Cheers
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

I've been approached by a distributor to sell them in Australia, the problem was the price increase that it would cause to the rider after a distributor and a retailer markup was so much I didn't want to do it.

Let me ask you and the riders in Australia, what is a reasonable price to pay if the Trail Stand were available in Australia either at a central point for mail order, or at your local shop?

Right now it's $27.50 U.S. each, international shipping is $15 for 1-5 stands shipped in the same box. (all international shipping is the same $15 rate up to 5 stands in one box by the way, pretty good deal I think)

If you want to talk possibilities send me a p.m. or email me at endurostar@yahoo.com I'm always open to ideas!
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 12-02-2011 at 11:08 AM
Old 12-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #380
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

It was a beautiful day.....and then we had a flat, fix it faster and easier with the help of a Trail Stand

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 12-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #381
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,312
Wow

I ordered this Thursday morning and received it Saturday afternoon.
Talk about fast shipping!
Thanks Steve!
Hopefully I'll never have to use this, but it's nice to know I have a hand if needed.
And it was because of Alex and his RR that I learned about this handy little tool.
I will definitely be putting this in my Agri container. (I ordered both sizes from their web sight.)
To those of you don't have one, consider getting one.
It's small, lightweight and may be of huge help to you someday.
RandoCommando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:23 AM   #382
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoCommando View Post
I ordered this Thursday morning and received it Saturday afternoon.
Talk about fast shipping!
Thanks Steve!
Hopefully I'll never have to use this, but it's nice to know I have a hand if needed.
And it was because of Alex and his RR that I learned about this handy little tool.
I will definitely be putting this in my Agri container. (I ordered both sizes from their web sight.)
To those of you don't have one, consider getting one.
It's small, lightweight and may be of huge help to you someday.
Thanks RandoCommando!

Don't forget the Trail Stand is great for lubing your chain too!

Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 12-04-2011 at 10:28 AM
Old 12-06-2011, 07:03 AM   #383
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
Thanks RandoCommando!

Don't forget the Trail Stand is great for lubing your chain too!
Funny you mention that Steve. I just bought a new chain cleaning brush, cleaning fluid and lubricant.
And I thought about using the Trail Stand instead of my hydraulic jack/stand.
I'm sure it will save me a little time since I won't have to position the jack/stand and strap the bike to it.
Thanks again!
RandoCommando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #384
uisge beathe
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Despite already having the Motion Pro version of this (which is no longer available) I just ordered one of yours as well. I know it will make a great stocking stuffer or...maybe I will just keep it for myself.
uisge beathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #385
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uisge beathe View Post
Despite already having the Motion Pro version of this (which is no longer available) I just ordered one of yours as well. I know it will make a great stocking stuffer or...maybe I will just keep it for myself.
It's on the way! Thanks for the order!

My friend who owns the KTM SE950 has one of the old motion pro jacks, we found out the day he got 3 flats that the motion pro one was too short to support his 950 to get the back wheel off, let alone the front.

The Trail Stand is the only portable jack I have seen that can reach even the tallest off road bikes and it still packs up smaller than anything else too.

Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 12-07-2011 at 10:29 AM
Old 12-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #386
backtodirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
gotta love these little ads you do sTE610vE I have just bought 5 sent out here to Oz! Will check em out sell em to my mates who are not on here for $60 and see how it all pans out!

Nah will do it for what it costs me if anyone who wants to pick one up in sydney, send me a p.m.

sTE610vE will let you know how it goes here
backtodirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #387
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtodirt View Post
gotta love these little ads you do sTE610vE I have just bought 5 sent out here to Oz! Will check em out sell em to my mates who are not on here for $60 and see how it all pans out!

Nah will do it for what it costs me if anyone who wants to pick one up in sydney, send me a p.m.

sTE610vE will let you know how it goes here
Thanks backtodirt! They are on the way.

I think you should make few bucks on them since your saving shipping cost significantly and providing them locally.
I would go on a local forum and let people know you have them coming, grab a pic or two from here, pictures always help

Thanks again,
Steve
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 12-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #388
uisge beathe
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
It's on the way! Thanks for the order!

My friend who owns the KTM SE950 has one of the old motion pro jacks, we found out the day he got 3 flats that the motion pro one was too short to support his 950 to get the back wheel off, let alone the front.

The
Trail Stand is the only portable jack I have seen that can reach even the tallest off road bikes and it still packs up smaller than anything else too.
Just received the Trail Stand today and very impressed with it. I'm almost more impressed with how compact it is vs. how tall it extends to and I will certainly attest that it's long enough to do the job for those bikes with the taller ground clearance. Remember...it IS the size of your tool that matters!!! Anyone that says different has a small trail jack.
uisge beathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #389
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uisge beathe View Post
Just received the Trail Stand today and very impressed with it. I'm almost more impressed with how compact it is vs. how tall it extends to and I will certainly attest that it's long enough to do the job for those bikes with the taller ground clearance. Remember...it IS the size of your tool that matters!!! Anyone that says different has a small trail jack.
that's right uisge beathe

From 20 inches tall to 11-1/2 (you can even measure Bigfoot tracks with it! If you should come across some.....)

And it packs up small (you can leave it completely assembled like above to store if you prefer)
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 12-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #390
nortski3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Going to Baja in April this looks like a great trail tool and must have for those of us without center stands.