ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #46
Sod Buster
prairie rider

Oddometer: 5,912
Roger, great job! I tried to call you before moving but did not get a hold of you, we moved to Washington, in order to keep my job. Keep the pics coming i need a taste of HOME, it seems to rain a lot here in the PNW with just glimpses of sun from time to time and i'm surounded by trees!
Sod Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:45 PM   #47
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sod Buster
Roger, great job! I tried to call you before moving but did not get a hold of you, we moved to Washington, in order to keep my job. Keep the pics coming i need a taste of HOME, it seems to rain a lot here in the PNW with just glimpses of sun from time to time and i'm surounded by trees!
Hey, Sod Buster .... so sorry to miss your call! Was hoping to ride the Flint Hills with you again this season.
Isn't that you on the KTM back there in the pack?

Will keep my fingers crossed that you'll find your way back to the Tallgrass Prairie before too many more moons pass.

All the best (from the one who gave you your handle!) .... Wind Sprinter (aka Mr. Clean)
Wind Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:53 PM   #48
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrentMiller
Wind Splinter those are some great productions. thanks for sharing.

I see you are in Wichita, and I should be passing the area on my Coast to Coast next summer, perhaps I'll have the opportunity to meet up with you, and maybe do an interview.

Brent
Hi Brent ...

Would be more than happy to visit with you! If you visit the Backroads Touring - Kansas site (link below), go to the home page and check out the media section. There are a couple of newspaper and magazine articles and a TV interview. I'll be doing another TV interview April 9 specifically covering the June Flint Hills Stampede ... that should give you some good background material beforehand.

When you have your itinerary put together, just give me a shout and let me know when you think you'll be through these parts.

Best ... Wind Sprinter
Old 02-17-2010, 05:14 AM   #49
Sod Buster
prairie rider

Oddometer: 5,912
I remember the day you hung Sod Buster on me. I bet that furrow i plowed with my helmet is still there on that chunk of prairie.
Sod Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #50
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Another Video ...

Thought y'all might like to see some shots from past Flint Hills Stampedes .... 2005-2009. Check the 'upcoming events' forum for info on the upcoming one ... June 11-13, 2010.
Hope you enjoy this one ..... Best, Wind Sprinter
Old 02-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #51
Semper Wife
lovin' life

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Sprinter
Here's a gathering of photos .... man-made objects found in my travels throughout Kansas on my KLR650 and KLX250.
I also put this rascal up in the "Upcoming Events" section ... the Kansas "Flint Hills Stampede" is coming in June, 2010. You might want to see for yourself ...

Hope you enjoy ..... Best, Wind Sprinter
Thank you for the amazing pics of our home state. My husband and I are moving back this summer and this really made me homesick (in a very good way). I can't wait to ride Kansas and once more experience the beauty it holds.

Wow, it's good to be going home.
Semper Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #52
ICBiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Great job on the videos Roger, can't wait for this years Stampede.
Glen K.
07 990 Adv
06 GL1800
ICBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #53
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBiker
Great job on the videos Roger, can't wait for this years Stampede.
Glen K.
Hey Glen .... as you're most likely aware .... 132 riders coming-in from all points of Kansas, Missouri, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Oklahoma, California, Minnesota, Tennessee, Iowa, Arkansas, and Illinois for the Stampede this year! The Flint Hills beckon!

Later, Wind Sprinter
Old 07-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #54
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedediah
Great job Wind Sprinter,

Nice tunes and photos. You just lay back and watch the show. And then replay and watch again!

I appreciate the effort you put into this production.

Jed.
+1 Very nice!!

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #55
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Flint Hills Perspective

And here's the latest production from last month's Flint Hills Stampede .... photographers listed at end of video.
Gives you a good idea of what our 11,400 sq. mile Flint Hills ride area looks like.

Best .. Wind Sprinter
Old 10-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #56
Natest
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Sprinter
Here's a gathering of photos .... man-made objects found in my travels throughout Kansas on my KLR650 and KLX250. Instead of killing bandwidth with scores of image loads, this Flash Player does a much better job ...
I also put this rascal up in the "Upcoming Events" section ... the Kansas "Flint Hills Stampede" is coming in June, 2010. You might want to see for yourself ...

Hope you enjoy ..... Best, Wind Sprinter
hello WS. awesome pic's. all of them. i have ordered the guitar CD also. thanks for all these. i need to get me a nice ON/OFF bike so i can do these with you all. GSA i am wanting. this would probably work .

anyway. who is singing in this one? i would love to download their music off itunes. great selections of music on them all and again, excellent photo's .
Natest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #57
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natest
hello WS. awesome pic's. all of them. i have ordered the guitar CD also. thanks for all these. i need to get me a nice ON/OFF bike so i can do these with you all. GSA i am wanting. this would probably work . anyway. who is singing in this one? i would love to download their music off itunes. great selections of music on them all and again, excellent photo's .
Thanks for the feedback! On the above video, soundtrack is done by a South African artist by the name of Yoav. This song is entitled ... "Sometimes", off of the album, "Charmed & Strange". He composes, sings, plays guitar, and does his own rhythms. Hope he does a US tour some day.

Best ... Wind Sprinter
Old 10-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #58
KLRlynuts
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
2011?

Hey WS,

Any word on the 2011 Stampede? I need more of this:

or this:

Blue skies and tail winds!

MS
Old 10-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #59
The Killstar
Ted Simon Acolyte

Oddometer: 291
So, I'm planning on getting a Triumph Scrambler next spring. I'm specifically getting a dual sport capable bike for the Stampede. Any thoughts to how the Scram would handle the Stampede's usual stomping grounds?
"Absolutely! If we didn't like visually beautiful bikes we'd all ride V-Stroms or something." - Av8rPaul
The Killstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #60
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRlynuts
Hey WS,

Any word on the 2011 Stampede? I need more of this:

Blue skies and tail winds!

MS
Oh, yes! We started the 2011 Stampede planning about a week after the 2010 ended. Here's the info link, and as more public info becomes known, you'll find it here: 2011 Flint Hills Stampede. Date is set, location will again be Eureka, KS.

If all goes well, we'll have anywhere from 150-200 dualsport riders attend next year. Yeehaw!

Best, Wind Sprinter