ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #61
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Killstar
So, I'm planning on getting a Triumph Scrambler next spring. I'm specifically getting a dual sport capable bike for the Stampede. Any thoughts to how the Scram would handle the Stampede's usual stomping grounds?
Hi Killstar,

Factoring out mud .... no problem for the Triumph. The roads are mostly gravel and chert. An aggressive tire tread pattern is always smart. I'd also recommend a bash plate to protect the cases from thrown-up rocks. Fuel stops are factored for 2-gallon tanks. When the Stampede registration form goes up in early 2011, just opt for a 'Scenic Ride' and you'll have a grand time!

Best, Wind Sprinter
Wind Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #62
snoskir149
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Sprinter
Hi Killstar,

Factoring out mud .... no problem for the Triumph. The roads are mostly gravel and chert. An aggressive tire tread pattern is always smart. I'd also recommend a bash plate to protect the cases from thrown-up rocks. Fuel stops are factored for 2-gallon tanks. When the Stampede registration form goes up in early 2011, just opt for a 'Scenic Ride' and you'll have a grand time!

Best, Wind Sprinter
Hey Windsprinter...Awesome videos and stuff of Kansas...My family lives out in the Wellington Ks area. I am usually that way a few times a years and during harvest. Makes me wanna bring my 08 KLR I just purchased this week and do some riding
snoskir149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #63
mischief
misadventurer

Oddometer: 476
here are some pics i took of the kansas motorcycle museum, just west and north of mcpherson

there are several more
this is the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mischie...th/4539370865/

peace
christi
mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #64
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer: 1,123
Fantastic productions there Roger. I enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed my first Stampede this year. I already have vacation time reserved for this years Stampede.
zoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #65
Sandino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Man!!, Kansas is lovely. Live in Lawrence for a long while. Thanks for sharing
Sandino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #66
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Here's some more "eye candy" ...

When I took a job transfer from Kansas to Tennessee years ago, people there would ask what Kansas was like .... as they'd likely seen the massive flatlands of western Kansas from I-70 or photographs. When asked what was the "state tree" ... I'd tell them tongue-in-cheek that it was the 'Telephone Pole'!

Actually, we have many riparian forests throughout the state ... this one is a mere a quarter-mile from my suburban home.

Hope you enjoy the view!

Best ... Wind Sprinter
Old 11-18-2010, 02:22 AM   #67
Sandino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Sprinter

Here's some more "eye candy" ...

When I took a job transfer from Kansas to Tennessee years ago, people there would ask what Kansas was like .... as they'd likely seen the massive flatlands of western Kansas from I-70 or photographs. When asked what was the "state tree" ... I'd tell them tongue-in-cheek that it was the 'Telephone Pole'!

Actually, we have many riparian forests throughout the state ... this one is a mere a quarter-mile from my suburban home.

Hope you enjoy the view!

Best ... Wind Sprinter

EYES CANDY!!,
really nice video, thanks for sharing. It brought back great memories of biking in the trails. Cheers
Sandino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #68
Wind Sprinter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

2011 Flint Hills Stampede

Have put up a preliminary info page on the Stampede ... and there's reference in the "Upcoming Events" forum, too. Click the link under the photo.

We're anticipating anywhere from 125 to 150 riders, or more. Last year, we had attendees come in from thirteen states.

It's a beautiful area to ride in, all sorts of riding conditions depending on your tastes. Any questions about the Stampede, just throw it out on this thread or on the thread in the 'upcoming events' forum.

Best ... Wind Sprinter