Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #16
Watercat
. . . gravity sucks

Oddometer: 1,507
BD Racelight here. . . . . Interested in this.

" . . . discovery channel has been shit for over a decade . . . this (ADVrider) is actually good." - OldAndBusted

Expect the unexpected! - Skunked & DfunkD

2006 Husky TE 610
2005 Big Strom
2010 THRUXTON
Watercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #17
hahmule
Balding Gloriously

Oddometer: 594

Better to be a fast mule than a slow race horse.
hahmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #18
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 10,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget
Just waiting for the call from the powder coater... I have all the rest of the parts in stock. Should be any day now.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #19
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman
Just waiting for the call from the powder coater... I have all the rest of the parts in stock. Should be any day now.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #20
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

Sorry for the wait everyone. The powder coater screwed up and I had to go muscle them today. I've got a few of these ready and will have the rest by the beginning of next week.

Details are in the first post of this thread.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #21
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

I tried emailing, but it said invalid email address. Will PM you now
Old 02-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #22
Boatman OP
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
I tried emailing, but it said invalid email address. Will PM you now
Got your PM and replied. Sorry for the trouble with the email, if I post it with no spaces you can't see that there is and underscore so I posted it with spaces.

wood_too@hotmail.com (underscore between wood and too)

Old 02-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #23
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
I received my H4 conversion just before the Sandblast rally and I was glad I had it. The misty, rainy night stage would have been terrible if I didn't have the conversion fitted. Very elegant and simple solution to a common problem.
The round headlights are very efficient and provide a great pattern for road and trail riding at night. The fit and finish of this product is excellent!

Thanks Scott!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:18 AM   #24
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Ordered mine this morning.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #25
JohnnyAirtime
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
I'll be ordering as well!
... a great idea, and something that solves a problem (because retrofitting an H4 into a BD light, or TT... isn't going to give you decent beam patterns on the road or trail. It's simply a waste of time. ....trust me on this). Hats off to Boatman for the MOD!

I however, like the IPF version of the reflector a bit better than the Hella (I have both, have tested both... with Halogen and HID H4). I'll be fitting an H4 "Dual-HID" into the reflector, and using a 35W ballast for low beam and a 55W ballast for high beam. When I'm on the trail, I'll run both low... and high beam, and have the ultimate in high output lighting.

I currently do this in a more "street friendly" or "dual-purpose" looking light frame and have had great success... with incredible light output.

... can't wait to get my order!
I'll be using this when I'm NOT ever on the street, but camping or night rides in the desert.

'07 CRF450X & '04 XR400 (both plated), '01 CR500 (Duner), TRX450 (GF's ride)...etc.etc.
JohnnyAirtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #26
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Installed mine today and it's a huge improvement. I will be doing a half assed write up on Cafe Husky and can put it here as well if wanted.

Thanks Scott for answering my stupid questions, this is how this light should be shipped for people that ride on the street too.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #27
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Boatman has your ticket here in a brilliant kit that is a no brainer even for idiots like me.

Package arrived and I dove into it even though I did not have the time to finish the install that evening. Everything was nicely packed and instructions to boot.

Items included in the kit

BD Light taken apart and the first "ring" gets laid into place. Keep the BD gasket in place

Place the new Hella housing in place

Next place the second ring to the back of the light housing. Note the yellow dot at the top per instructions.

Add your bulb (sold separately), the rubber grommet and either a pig tail or you can use spade connectors and more or less make your own harness.

Almost there. Looks good.

Time for a :cheers:

I decided to use my stock plug from the OEM light as I will never use that light again and if I do I will worry about that then. Few splices and it was time to button it up.

Here are a few pics. STOCK Husky Headlight (since I had it on the bike already

BD Light with Boatman's Conversion (Low Beam)

High Beam
Old 03-27-2010, 07:01 AM   #28
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Diego
Hey Boatman are you selling just the H4 conversion or you including the Baja Designs light?
Just the conversion
Old 04-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #29
JohnnyAirtime
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyAirtime
I'll be ordering as well!
... a great idea, and something that solves a problem (because retrofitting an H4 into a BD light, or TT... isn't going to give you decent beam patterns on the road or trail. It's simply a waste of time. ....trust me on this). Hats off to Boatman for the MOD!

I however, like the IPF version of the reflector a bit better than the Hella (I have both, have tested both... with Halogen and HID H4). I'll be fitting an H4 "Dual-HID" into the reflector, and using a 35W ballast for low beam and a 55W ballast for high beam. When I'm on the trail, I'll run both low... and high beam, and have the ultimate in high output lighting.

I currently do this in a more "street friendly" or "dual-purpose" looking light frame and have had great success... with incredible light output.

... can't wait to get my order!
I'll be using this when I'm NOT ever on the street, but camping or night rides in the desert.

Got mine... and did an H4 Dual HID conversion to a Hella 7", and an IPF 7".
... so far, I like the IPF better when using the HID bulbs. Much cleaner output. However, here's a sneak peak into the Baja Designs plastic shell and my dual ballast/igniter install and two toggle switches to operate low and high of the HID. SO NICE to be able to run low beam, and high beam at the same time... to get incredible output for that night time ride!!

Sadly, I didn't take "in action" pictures on a ride this past Saturday. No moon... perfect desert weather... and a hundred miles all from 9pm to 2AM. So nice to have light to ride with.

BTW, the IPF requires a tad bit larger outer ring (obtained with light sanding), and the inner ring needs to be flipped over. Easy peezy!

'07 CRF450X & '04 XR400 (both plated), '01 CR500 (Duner), TRX450 (GF's ride)...etc.etc.
JohnnyAirtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:35 AM   #30
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,122
Got mine and installed it. I haven't ridden at night yet but will report back when I do. The Baja Design O ring doesn't fit. I'm hoping the supplied O ring is all that is needed.