User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 12:07 AM   #1
#3 OP
Wannabe Adv Rider

Oddometer: 77
Rockingham to Congelin campground - labour day weekend Feb15

As it turned out there were 4 of us who started the ride, on saturday 28 Feb 15. Tenerrod, (Tenere), Bob (DR650), JoeCM (Transalp) and myself (KTM).

Joe was only joining us for the day as he had to return to Perth to work (sucker)

Rod, Bob and I met in Rockingham and slabbed it most of the way to Jarrahadale Rd/Albany Hwy corner, where we met Joe.

Over the highway and down Randall Road. After about 20 k's Rod made a wrong turn (not that he or we new it at the time) so I waited for Bob to show him the turnoff, I waited and waited - no Bob. So I retraced my steps and finally caught up with him, he was looking for his bag that had come adrift of his bike. Luckily some young guys on CRF's found the bag and were chasing him down to return it. Thanks guys, muchly appreciated. I am sure Bob would not have been as comfortable without his swag.

Bob sent me back to tell the other he would catch up soon. When I reached the turnoff, I thought I better wait for him otherwise he might go a different way. After about 50m there was another turnoff, and we had no clue on which way to go. So Bob and I decided to wait for Rod and Joe to return.

Again we waited and waited and waited then waited some more. Bob and I were getting worried because the others had not retraced their steps like normally would happen.

While waiting i noticed this
Name:  rim-small.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  34.9 KB
Bugger (Do you reckon I could save it

As we were sitting around trying to decide what to do, a group of other riders came along, we had a quick chat with them, before waiting some more. We were just about to head off when Joe came over the hill and told us that Rod was ok, but down the road about 10-12k's. So we followed Joe and soon we were all together again.

After sorting out Rod's issues (and for those that now Rod, know there are a lot of issues ), we ploughed on for North Bannister for lunch. This is were Joe headed back to Perth.

The three of us slowly made our way to our overnight stop at Congelin campground. 1st order of business was setting up the Taj Mahals for the nights accomodations, then tea and biscuits. All very civilised.

As it started to get dark, out came the food and a very nice port from Rod and umm what loosely passed for Port from Bob, But hey I cant complain I still drank it.

As it is between October and April, there were no campfires allowed, which kind of sucked as we all enjoy sitting around one telling bullshit, so we made due and just talked bullshit.

Next morning (Sunday), breakfast was had, packing done and we headed off for home. We stopped at Williams for fuel and then home via Long Gully. The bridge has been recently burned out, PICS HERE. We had heard about another crossing about 1-2ks' away, which we found without to much trouble. We continued our ride home, which was uneventful, apart from the KTM getting tired once trying to climb a log and having a little nap . I tell you that sucker is heavy once packed up. Thanks Rod for helping get it upright. As far as I know no pictures were taken, so it may not have happened.

Another enjoyable weekend away with good people and good riding.
#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:46 AM   #2
Tenerrod
Backyard Hack

Oddometer: 1,250
It happened!

Even l made it over that log mate

Great little double track on the way home. Lightly overgrown with little ant nest mounds in the middle forcing you to ride one side or the other to the impinging scrub. Bloody ants.

Huge thanks to the KLR gang who stopped and rendered assistance to me, saved me a HUGE amount of stuffing around.

That young Joe is a speedy kid, needs some motorcycle boots though

We will have to do it again, as planned this time. After April too.
Tenerrod is offline   Reply With Quote