Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #1621
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
Sure KamChat, I didn't take the camera this time, but our friends took some pics & here're they - http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/748979-post.html & http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/748897-post.html

Its near to death experience taking pics while riding, especially in this country So give me sometime to learn that ;)

BTW, Merry Christmas & Wish You Happy New Year; Wishing you early because we're going on a road trip...with family...so I'm a cager until then; more about the trip & will start a thread when I come back :)

Thanks Aargee...

'HAPPY CHRISTMAS' to you too ...and to everyone else here on ADV.

Thanks for the link ..I enjoyed the pics ..It looked like a lot of fun . It's good to see that rideouts are the same the world over - a gang of mates out having fun and good times on their bikes - priceless.

I presume your bike is the red Honda in the pics?

Had to smile at the bit about some of your mates getting hassled by the police..... it seems the police are the same the world over too.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:01 AM   #1622
ullukk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Merry christmas to you and sarah mate, good to read that your on the mend, i'll hopefully bump into you one day up bonnie scotland and thank you personally for this great thread.
All the best.

Keith.
ullukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #1623
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullukk View Post
Merry christmas to you and sarah mate, good to read that your on the mend, i'll hopefully bump into you one day up bonnie scotland and thank you personally for this great thread.
All the best.

Keith.

Thanks Keith..... I'll look forward to that day.

Amazingly, thanks to the unseasonably mild weather we have been having (9C today) I managed to get out for a wee ride today ...just into the city ....but it sure felt good to be back on two wheels (first ride since my heart attack four weeks ago). George Square has a festival fair set up with fairground rides for the holiday period.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:51 AM   #1624
mancunian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
good to see you out brother

Great to see you out enjoying yourself again, all the best my friend
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:56 AM   #1625
drrickk
never act your age

Oddometer: 123
Great thread! You have a very beautiful country.
drrickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:17 AM   #1626
Aargee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
I presume your bike is the red Honda in the pics?
Yes, the Candy RED is mine though I'd swapped for couple Ninjette that day

Quote:
Had to smile at the bit about some of your mates getting hassled by the police..... it seems the police are the same the world over too.
Police? Where?

BTW, we're back after nearly 2000 Km (1200+ miles) of trip by car in 5 days; had lots of fun driving through 3 ghat sections, super straight National highways, curvy two laned State highways & one National Forest.

If you're interested, this is the route we took - http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Ch...2,8,13&t=m&z=8
Aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #1627
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
Great to see you out enjoying yourself again, all the best my friend

Cheers bro. The best thing is that we are now heading back to summer .... only about 8 weeks (or so) to go and we should be starting rideouts again - 'yay!'
Old 01-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #1628
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrickk View Post
Great thread! You have a very beautiful country.

Thanks for the 'the thumbs up' - true, it's a beautiful land ..... just a bit bleak and windswept right now (been having gales and 100mph winds the past 24hrs)

Pic is from Monday (before the storms hit) - Taken near Cove on the B833 looking out at Loch Long..

Kamchat screwed with this post 01-04-2012 at 01:22 PM
Old 01-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #1629
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
Yes, the Candy RED is mine though I'd swapped for couple Ninjette that day

Police? Where?

Here - (quote from your second link) - 'ride report' :-

' I was doing the sweep, so was at the end, near the S.P koil junction the traffic police stopped Rishi (who was ahead of me) and me. Asked to come to the side, seeing all our ridings gears the constable was rubbhishing that we are racing and stuff - also said that some 4 - 6 bikes went ahead he missed to catch - but managed to catch to his senior officer. The Recent Racing incidents and last weeks accidents has put the axe on the tourers like us - and senior officer too was saying that he got some orders to control that and asked us our License and i was explaining him that we were regular tourers and we were returning back from chengalpattu today. Showed him the photos we took and somehow he was convinced enough and let us go :-). '

Your route across India from coast to coast looks like it must have been great fun and an epic jaunt. Is petrol expensive in India? - We are paying 1.30 a litre here (about 110 Indian Rupees?)

Kamchat screwed with this post 01-05-2012 at 01:42 AM
Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #1630
Aargee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Here - (quote from your second link) - 'ride report' :-
Oh!!! ok!!! I was not part of this; the fun was that, three of us, a CBR & two Ninjettes, flew off while returning back. If you'd like to know how we rode, it was like the opening scene from the movie Toruqe

Quote:
Your route across India from coast to coast looks looks like it must have been great fun and an epic jaunt.
You bet!!! The three ghat section were amazing

Quote:
Is petrol expensive in India? - We are paying 1.30 a litre here (about 110 Indian Rupees?)
It varies according to state in this country; the least is in Delhi, somewhere around Rs 65 per litre; I pay about 69.xx in my city & it goes upto 72.xx in neighboring state. A little cheaper though...for now due to upcoming elections
Aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:27 AM   #1631
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Still waiting for the start of our rideout season - the good news is we are having a relatively mild winter so far with higher temperatures that normal .... if this continues we may be back out early this year, fingers crossed (normally it is mid March).

Had some good fortune recently - For a while we have wanted to get some of the pics on this thread blown up on canvas to adorn the walls of the flat..... after looking around - Tesco 'on line' were found to be the best price at 100 each for large canvases. When they launched a special 'half price' offer for Christmas (50 each) it was too good to miss and we ordered three.......... the good news though was that, because the offer was oversubscribed, Tesco was unable to meet the Christmas deadline and delivered the canvases two weeks late ....... but as an apology they refunded ALL our money ....and gave us a fourth canvas free! That's 400 of canvases for 0! - Result!
Good old Tesco! - 'Every little helps'.
Pics look really good too on the walls ..... the pics below don't really do them justice, but you get the idea.

Picked this one because it reminds me of that best feeling ever ... getting ready to leave on a sunny Sunday morning for a full day's rideout with friends -

Picked this one ....sunset through grass, taken up at the beaches near Arisaig because I like the colours and it reminds me of a great trip.

and I had to have one of Tails, who sadly died last year, and left a large hole in our lives ....but at least he's still kind of with us, in a small way, every day, in this pic on the wall.

As for getting fit after my heart attack ...Sarah and I are getting out cycling at the weekends, 21 miles last weekend (including two punctures!) and 10 miles the week before .... nothing too extreme, - but boy did my ass ache afterwards - those modern 'saddles' are tiny! Lol! .....

Two wheels - but no engine!

Kamchat screwed with this post 01-17-2012 at 05:51 AM
Old 01-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #1632
Blumtnman
Rider

Oddometer: 269
Thumb

Quote:
Still waiting for the start of our rideout season - the good news is we are having a relatively mild winter so far with higher temperatures that normal .... if this continues we may be back out early this year, fingers crossed (normally it is mid March).

Had some good fortune recently - For a while we have wanted to get some of the pics on this thread blown up on canvas to adorn the walls of the flat..... after looking around - Tesco 'on line' were found to be the best price at 100 each for large canvases. When they launched a special 'half price' offer for Christmas (50 each) it was too good to miss and we ordered three.......... the good news though was that, because the offer was oversubscribed, Tesco was unable to meet the Christmas deadline and delivered the canvases two weeks late ....... but as an apology they refunded ALL our money ....and gave us a fourth canvas free! That's 400 of canvases for 0! - Result!
Good old Tesco! - 'Every little helps'.
Pics look really good too on the walls ..... the pics below don't really do them justice, but you get the idea.

Picked this one because it reminds me of that best feeling ever ... getting ready to leave on a sunny Sunday morning for a full day's rideout with friends -

Picked this one ....sunset through grass, taken up at the beaches near Arisaig because I like the colours and it reminds me of a great trip.

and I had to have one of Tails, who sadly died last year, and left a large hole in our lives ....but at least he's still kind of with us, in a small way, every day, in this pic on the wall.

As for getting fit after my heart attack ...Sarah and I are getting out cycling at the weekends, 21 miles last weekend (including two punctures!) and 10 miles the week before .... nothing too extreme, - but boy did my ass ache afterwards - those modern 'saddles' are tiny! Lol! .....

Two wheels - but no engine!

Thank you Kamchat, great pics and great post as always. Glad to see you're up and about after your little " incident ". Cheers .
Old 01-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #1633
Tall Mike
TAT Rookie (planning!)

Oddometer: 542
Nice walls Kamchat!

I need to get out on my bicycle...too much snow right now! (that too will come!) glad you're up and out!

stable: '05 DL1000,'06 DL650, '99 XR600R, '03 640ADV
Tall Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #1634
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,773
It would appear, Mr. Kamchat, that you are not going to die.

Not before you've done quite a bit more living.
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #1635
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,338
nice pic's ... what camera are you using for this shot?

_cy_ is online now   Reply With Quote