Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 03:19 AM   #2581
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
Quite close; I thought my head would be run over the front wheel & was wondering if my Helmet would withstand; gladly there was no necessity to it
The CBR with yellow sticker on the fairings is your's truly's

The turn out was good

We even had a Busa
Your's Truly

Waiting at level crossing

All image courtesy, my friend Dinesh, who gives hard time to posers with DSLR with his simple P&S

Ok

Cheers Aargee ..some cool pics there ...I like the one of the group with all the bikes lined up ...it looks like you have a good gang of riding buddies there .... Nothing beats going for a rideout with a crew of good friends to share the fun with.
I guess Busas are pretty rare on the roads there? It doesn't look like some of those road surfaces are the best for riding a Busa on!
In fact I would have thought the perfect tool would be something like the big GS BMW's for a mixture of on / off road riding?.. Are they popular? ..or is the cost high for BMW's in India.
Those Royal Enfields are on sale here in the UK ..I know someone who recently bought one. They are supposed to be quite good if you like a more relaxed style of riding and love the 'nostalgia' feel of old Brit bikes.....without all the hassle and leaking oil!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #2582
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Catching up with pics ...Last Thursday it was a lovely evening so after work Sarah and I took a run down to Largs on the Ayrshire coast for fish n chips ..It's a popular evening destination for bikers....

Bikes on the front

Some guys had ridden down on their 'monkey bikes'...

A bit of a culture clash ..the funfair and the church on Largs sea front...

Sarah enjoying her fish n chips from the Viking Fish Bar....

After a walk along the front it was time to finish off with some ice cream from 'the world famous' (apparently) Nardini's ..... they do have a huge range of ice creams ..and they are damn fine.

Sarah deliberating over which flavours to go for ...we ended up with a mix of scoops - Belgian chocolate / Rum and Raisin, Double Vanilla and Coconut.....

On the way home the road climbs teeply up the hillside at the back of the town ...we stopped to take in the view over Millport.....

Kamchat screwed with this post 09-04-2012 at 03:47 AM
Old 09-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #2583
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Luckily I was also able to get out on Sunday too.....
Because rain was forecast to the north and west (our usual playground) we headed south and east to St Marys Loch for a change ...unfortunately this means the first leg of the run is on the M74 motorway to get down to the good roads quickly ...

Old 09-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #2584
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Then up the A702 to Biggar

Stopped at temporary traffic lights ..Dave comes forward to let us know we are missing Andy who got stuck at lights further back..luckily he knew where we were heading for our first fuel stop and met up with us there...

Through Biggar ..

and on to Peebles ....

We weren't the only ones out on two wheels

Arriving in Peebles..

For our first fuel stop.... and met up again with Andy and Mark ...

Old 09-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #2585
Swedener
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Flashback

What fun to see roads that I have been to!
Last year, when the deal with the Guzzi was done in Glasgow, I drove to stay overnight on "Hassendean Bed and Breakfast" near Hawick. A very familiar B&B owned by the supernice couple Janet and Les Ross. I drove through Biggar and Peebles and then come to Selkirk where I stayed at "Tony's Tower" to eat delicious fish and chips. Tasted extra good because I had not eaten anything since I left Sweden. Hunger is the best cook. Continued the next day through Northumberland National Park and further to the port of Immingham. I really enjoyed my short trip on your beautiful roads.
Swedener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #2586
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

More from Peebles on Sunday .....

Getting ready to head off to Selkirk...

... and on to St Marys Loch...

Old 09-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #2587
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Arriving at our lunch destination - St Marys Loch ..a popular stop for bikers....

Old 09-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #2588
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedener View Post
What fun to see roads that I have been to!
Last year, when the deal with the Guzzi was done in Glasgow, I drove to stay overnight on "Hassendean Bed and Breakfast" near Hawick. A very familiar B&B owned by the supernice couple Janet and Les Ross. I drove through Biggar and Peebles and then come to Selkirk where I stayed at "Tony's Tower" to eat delicious fish and chips. Tasted extra good because I had not eaten anything since I left Sweden. Hunger is the best cook. Continued the next day through Northumberland National Park and further to the port of Immingham. I really enjoyed my short trip on your beautiful roads.

Good to hear the pics brought back happy memories. If/when you return you must come and ride the roads to the north west of Glasgow for a real 'treat'.
When we were at St Marys Loch on Sunday there were a couple of nice Guzzis there..

Old 09-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #2589
Swedener
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Good to hear the pics brought back happy memories. If/when you return you must come and ride the roads to the north west of Glasgow for a real 'treat'.
When we were at St Marys Loch on Sunday there were a couple of nice Guzzis there..
I long to to eat the roads north west of Glasgow.
You've heard it before but I'll say it again.. what an master photographer you are .
Old 09-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #2590
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedener View Post
I long to to eat the roads north west of Glasgow.
You've heard it before but I'll say it again.. what an master photographer you are .
That was 'super-nice' of you to say ....thanks ! ... but as I have said before I know very little about photography and just point and shoot ... half the time I don't even know what is in the frame as I am watching the road ahead. So I am no 'master photographer'..... I just know what I like the look of..... but that's about the limit of my 'photography skills. But I do love taking pics ..maybe that is what you can see ?
Old 09-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #2591
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Apart from the Guzzis there were a few other interesting bikes at the loch...This Husky for one..

Old 09-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #2592
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

After lunch because the usual road down to Moffat was closed we had to take a diversion on a small single lane track over the top of the hills to the A701......

Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #2593
BuckMoto
Adventure Napping

Oddometer: 318
Quote:
Apart from the Guzzis there were a few other interesting bikes at the loch...This Husky for one..

Maybe it's just me, but that looks like a paper airplane on the front fender! I bet it's a hoot to ride though! Great pics as always. The single lane road looked like a lot of fun too.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #2594
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
Quote:

cb 1300, XJR, GSX1400, all the big bikes, only for big riders love it!! where is the ZRX?
Old 09-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #2595
Swedener
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
cb 1300, XJR, GSX1400, all the big bikes, only for big riders love it!! where is the ZRX?
bubu, I think that also an MV Agusta F4 (1000s?) should be classified as a great bike for big riders . I assume you don't refer to cubic..