Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2011, 03:11 AM   #871
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Mike View Post
Owitch! Hope You are Okay..... (looking at your bike...Makes my heart sad for you... Hope you can make her pretty again!) Best Wishes!

Thanks for the wishes ... and yes, I am basically ok .... and very lucky ..if a car had been coming the other way it would have been a very different outcome ..... my 'guardian angel' was working overtime on Sunday.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:13 AM   #872
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart5533 View Post
Heeling Vibes your way..............
Cheers.... they are working ..my left hand finaly stopped 'burning' this morning. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:17 AM   #873
TDMTAM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Hope your ok Kamchat
TAM
Old 04-19-2011, 03:20 AM   #874
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

djbronco, quicktoys2, rcktgirl & fraser2312.....

Thanks guys for the good wishes ..as you can tell from the posts above I am fairly well and healing ..... I don't think the gixxer will be though...... but we will see what the insurance assessor says. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again ..... some great folk here on ADV.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:25 AM   #875
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango2 View Post
Sorry to hear about your off, hope you're ok, thought I'd a bad day (3 points and £60. ) I hope you're not too sore and the GXR can be fixed up. All the best.

Cheers Tango2

Thanks .... yep I would happily swap you the £60 and 3 points at the moment..... mind you, - got to watch those points as they add up! (I'm back down to 4 at the moment) ..... How did you get done? - mobile speed gun? fixed camera? or van? .... or the dreaded unmarked car/bike?....
Old 04-19-2011, 03:27 AM   #876
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDMTAM View Post
Hope your ok Kamchat
TAM

Cheers .... I've been better! ...... but I guess I should be counting my blessings really ..... got away lightly considering what could have been.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:35 AM   #877
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Some of the few 'rescued' pics off my smashed Canon Powershot....

Kev n Lisa who were right behind me at the time of the accident .... thanks for waiting so long ..and sorry for messing up your day ..hope you manged to get a decent run in during the rest of the day - weather seemed to hold for you guys .

Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 AM   #878
chammyman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 412
well you walked away, no bits snapped off of you so that’s a result.

Yeah the leathers saved your hide. Although not sure for how much longer, they look pretty bad in that picture. A few more mph or a bit more distance and I think your bum would be a bit sore to say the least.

Shame about the hand, as you know my hand was out of action for a bit, not as bad as a snapped ligament so I hope that heals quickly for you. i assume you never had the glove on as its your camera hand?

Wash out of gravel? the junctions on these roads are strewn with gravel and whatever other crap you can think of.

Anyway chin up, yer big ass saved you and you'll be out on a bike taking pictures again at the height of summer. Take care and relax for a bit.
1988 Honda CB 350 SG
chammyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:59 AM   #879
rckt grl
Sportbike Addict

Oddometer: 81
OW! the hand looks nasty and painful! Your glove come off I'm assuming during the crash? I can relate with you on the bruise on your bum... I was involved in a high side a few years back and the bruise on my backside was quite impressive to say the least!

I was hoping you could share with me some of the local vendors for leather jackets and such. I can never seem to find good looking jackets that look nice on a lady... I like the looks of Sarahs jacket as well as the other lady riding pillion with your mate. If you could help me with a couple websites or local vendors I'd be most appreciative! Thanks and heal quickly!
rckt grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #880
Scoby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
wow..... this story continues to throw up twists. Really glad to see you are not to badly injured, while understanding how sore you probably are feeling. Look on the bright side, plenty of bikes out there. Please keep the thread going its the most honest of accounts that you could read on a forum.Three of us are heading over to Scotland next Monday from Ireland for a few days to ride many of the roads you have shown us.

Heal quick and enjoy the drugs
Scoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #881
Stewart5533
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Am glad to see your up and about, I guess you have seen this picture before and you know the drill. Rest dont push the recovery,let the heeling vibes do there thing.

Was there a car involved, I see a hub cap sitting there
Old 04-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #882
MadtownMaxx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you.
MadtownMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #883
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,014
GWS Kamchat!!

Tough pics for me to see.
I just traded my bike off 2 weeks ago. It was identical to yours. HAd it for 3 yrs, and it was the best bike i have ever owned.

If insurance puts you back on it, LMK. I have a bunch of aftermarket stuff for it still.
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #884
kluts
The Lost Tourguide

Oddometer: 592
Och it's only a Scratch! Come Back and Fight!

--- Monty Python

Your gixxer looks like a good candidate for the streetfighter look. She'll be running just fine in a week or two!

Glad to see YOU came through. Hadrian's wall there looks a bit solid.
Any motorcyclist caught holding up automobiles on a winding road will be forced to sell all fringed accessories, buy plaid pants and take up golf.-- Peter Egan ... my internal dialogue was a full on harangue. The Buddhist call this dialogue “the monkey mind” well my monkey mind had a brand new tire in its cage and was whippin’ it around... -Vermin, The Grapes of Rat
kluts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:20 AM   #885
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chammyman View Post
well you walked away, no bits snapped off of you so that’s a result.

Yeah the leathers saved your hide. Although not sure for how much longer, they look pretty bad in that picture. A few more mph or a bit more distance and I think your bum would be a bit sore to say the least.

Shame about the hand, as you know my hand was out of action for a bit, not as bad as a snapped ligament so I hope that heals quickly for you. i assume you never had the glove on as its your camera hand?

Wash out of gravel? the junctions on these roads are strewn with gravel and whatever other crap you can think of.

Anyway chin up, yer big ass saved you and you'll be out on a bike taking pictures again at the height of summer. Take care and relax for a bit.

Yes, you got it right .... I had just stopped taking pics and shoved the camera back in my wee tank bag a minute earlier and so had my left glove off (to work camera buttons) ... I was going to replace it at the next stop 10 mins up the road. .... Well, lesson learned, - I have been meaning to cut a finger out of one of my gloves so I could work the camera buttons and still have most of my hand protected..... I just balked at the thought of cutting up a good pair of gloves.... Doh! ........

Still, I am learning ...slowly... at least this time I was wearing leather pants which saved me from skin grafts like the last time, (6 years ago).

I'll get there in the end ..... I'm just one of those idiots who likes to learn the hard way!

One of the last pics before it was 'Game Over' ..... just a minute and a mile from disaster!