Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 04:02 AM   #1216
Leebo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
Very Nice..... And more great photos also. That blue and white paint scheme is great... Ride safe bro.
2002 Kawi Prairie 650
Leebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:06 AM   #1217
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullukk View Post
Great to see you got your new baby mate, aint she lovely!!, hope the baptism was a peaceful affair. you mention the chippy at anstruther, is it really that good?, been an hungry nosed get its another place i'll have to put on list of places to visit when north of the border.

Yet more great photos added to this excellent thread, try and keep the wheelies to a minimum mate!! ha ha!!.

Cheers, Keith.

Thanks Keith ..... Regarding the chippy in Anstruther .... yes, the fish and chips were pretty good ..(although we had a long wait in the queu on Saturday.... it's very popular) ......But I wouldn't say it was any better than the fish and chips at the Real Food Cafe up at Tyndrum.... so it's worth popping in if you are heading that way anyway or passing by - but I wouldnt make a long diversion to Anstruther just for the fish and chips.

The best fish and chips I have ever had was down on the Norfolk coast at Walcott at the Kingfisher Fish Bar & Cafe overlooking the beach ...... the Haddock 'special' is legendary and a veritable feast (I have never seen such a huge portion of haddock!) - well worth a visit if you are ever in the area.

View from the helm of 'the mothership' .....
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:12 AM   #1218
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
Very Nice..... And more great photos also. That blue and white paint scheme is great... Ride safe bro.

Cheers mate. ..... To be honest there wasn't much choice, - there is only 'blue n white' or 'all black' for 2011 available for the UK. So I went for the blue n white as I wanted some colour (the black seemed just to much ....err..... black).

Its not exactly rare Lol! ..... but it's 'classic gixxer'.

Our 'blue n white's' on Sunday -
Old 08-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #1219
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
On Sunday we were out again.... this time with Kevin and Lisa ..... we had to stop in the centre of Crieff to give way to a host of pipe bands coming the other way ...... the Highland Games were on.

I quite like the sound of my own new 'pipes' too .......

Yosh USA? Do tell the story on how those became the choice. There must be something I'm totally ignorant of, int'l trade-wise
tremor38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #1220
dannyz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Congrats Kamchat! Nice bike you've got! Wishing you nice weather for the rest of the season (and lots of new pics for us, loyal followers ).
And carefully with those wheelies :)

dannyz screwed with this post 08-26-2011 at 11:42 PM
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:22 AM   #1221
gsxkev
Part time Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Nice cans.

Quote:
I quite like the sound of my own new 'pipes' too .......
Congrats on the new bike.

Those cans look waaaaay better than stock.
gsxkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #1222
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremor38 View Post
Yosh USA? Do tell the story on how those became the choice. There must be something I'm totally ignorant of, int'l trade-wise
It was a simple choice really .... Yoshis and GSXR's have a long history together. We didnt like the standard cans on the new bike... The dealer had put the same Yoshis on the demo bike we had a ride on and we liked the look and sound of them .... the dealer then offered to throw in a pair as part of the deal (that, or money off - we chose the Yoshis).
Old 08-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #1223
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
Congrats Kamchat! Nice bike you've got! Wishing you nice weather for the rest of the season (and lots of new pics for us, loyal followers ).
And carefully with those willies :)
Thanks ........ (I'm hoping that is a 'typo' about being carefull with the 'willies' Lol! )

Cheers
Old 08-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #1224
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxkev View Post
Congrats on the new bike.

Those cans look waaaaay better than stock.

Thanks ... I have to agree ...and not only do they look way better - they also sound way better.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:21 PM   #1225
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Been out today - had to do some more miles before tomorrow and the bikes first service.... passed a wedding on my travels ...... I had to stop and get a few pics - the bride was just arriving .......................... by helicopter!

Old 08-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #1226
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,563
Congrats on the new bike. Looking good.

BTW, you are a bad influence. That's what my wife says anyway. This thread got me off my butt to get a P&S for riding pics. Picked up a Canon Powershot A2200. Nice enough little camera. Here is one of my first shoot while riding attempts.

Nothing special, but there will be more to come. Thanks for the inspiration.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #1227
dannyz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Thanks ........ (I'm hoping that is a 'typo' about being carefull with the 'willies' Lol! )

Cheers
Huh. Yeah, typo, lol. Fixed.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #1228
Used2BeFast2
Chupacabra Rider

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Been out today - had to do some more miles before tomorrow and the bikes first service.... passed a wedding on my travels ...... I had to stop and get a few pics - the bride was just arriving .......................... by helicopter!

"But Daddy, I wanted the bigger helicopter!" Bride.

Seriously though, great thread and interesting pics. A good part of my linage is from your homeland. Maybe I'll make it there myself someday.....if the economy ever improves that is. I'm glad to see how many people are into bikes in Europe, especially the ladies (lassies?). You rarely see a lady on two wheels in the states, unless they are on the back.....it's a shame really. They are missing out on so much.

Very best regards,

Rich

Cat herder....really!
Used2BeFast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #1229
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
It was a simple choice really .... Yoshis and GSXR's have a long history together. We didnt like the standard cans on the new bike... The dealer had put the same Yoshis on the demo bike we had a ride on and we liked the look and sound of them .... the dealer then offered to throw in a pair as part of the deal (that, or money off - we chose the Yoshis).
Sure, that makes perfect sense. I guess what surprises me is that the dealers in your country import from Yoshimura USA rather that plain old Yoshimura (Japan)...must be cheaper.
tremor38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #1230
Bratso
A Heluva Sack o' Potatoes

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2BeFast2 View Post

..............................You rarely see a lady on two wheels in the states, unless they are on the back.....it's a shame really. They are missing out on so much.

Very best regards,

Rich

Sorry to hijack your thread Kamchat;

Used2BeFast2 needs to get to Alabama, lots of Lady riders.

As for me, I prefer the back. I like holding on to my hubby while we ride.

Bratso

Follow. But. Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.
Bratso is offline   Reply With Quote