Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2011, 12:56 AM   #1291
Tango2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
So, now it hit me.
Or better - I hit that car, right between the eyes..

I'm just back from hospital and I can tell you that I am the luckiest man in the world. I should definitely be dead.
Instead I have a bruised knee and ankle and a few torn muscles. Nothing really serious. Crazy. Absolutely unbelievable.
I somehow came off in a tight turn and frontally crashed in a car that was coming from the opposite direction.
I have no idea how I got out of that, nor do I have any idea how it happenend, and why.

I am yo glad to be in one piece and alive.
No bike no more for me, no car no more for the poor guy whom I hit.
But nobody got seriously hurt.

So guys, please take care, alright?
It can be over in a second...

BTW: we did some shots with our new wee cam a week or two ago while riding, Some of them are quite cool! Maybe I'll post some, as a an obituary to my dead Fazer.. :) There will be no riding for me in a while, I fear...
Blimey how lucky were you? Glad it wasn't worse and you can still post on this great thread! Hope the recovery goes well and you're back on a bike soon.
Tango2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:00 AM   #1292
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Off topic a little but a photo of My Triumph with my mates black one behind....don't mean to hijack

No worries mate ..... Nice pair of 'Scramblers' there ..... I don't know why, but I always think of Steve McQueen when I see a Triumph Scrambler. . It's a classic looking bike.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #1293
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
So, now it hit me.
Or better - I hit that car, right between the eyes..

I'm just back from hospital and I can tell you that I am the luckiest man in the world. I should definitely be dead.
Instead I have a bruised knee and ankle and a few torn muscles. Nothing really serious. Crazy. Absolutely unbelievable.
I somehow came off in a tight turn and frontally crashed in a car that was coming from the opposite direction.
I have no idea how I got out of that, nor do I have any idea how it happenend, and why.

I am yo glad to be in one piece and alive.
No bike no more for me, no car no more for the poor guy whom I hit.
But nobody got seriously hurt.

So guys, please take care, alright?
It can be over in a second...

BTW: we did some shots with our new wee cam a week or two ago while riding, Some of them are quite cool! Maybe I'll post some, as a an obituary to my dead Fazer.. :) There will be no riding for me in a while, I fear...

OMG! Dude! ......... Glad to hear you are ok . What a year it's been for 'offs' - that's both our long term rides wrecked this year. The main thing is we are both alive and well and able to ride another day. You get attached to them, - but bikes can be replaced relatively easily (well, more easily than limbs and skin! ) . Sounds like your 'guardian angel' was riding with you that day.

Will you be getting a new bike? .... might make sense now to wait till the spring and check out the 'new metal'.

Hope you ain't feeling too 'banged up' at the moment.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:21 AM   #1294
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKLiz View Post
It's been a rainy summer here too, but I've managed some rides (not nearly as much as I'd like though). Apologies in advance for the hijack, but here's a photo or two of my adventures.

Just up the road from my house is a scenic pullout...makes a nice stop on the way back from my favorite, practically deserted 'track'....a freshly paved road with some nice corners, fantastic for practicing! This one's my Ducati M696...

The next two are actually from last season - the husband and I did a two week trip up and down the Alcan. First, one of the rare photos of me (I'm usually behind the camera) and my BMW F650GS, at our campsite at Liard Hot Springs...

And the closest thing I have to an 'action shot', except that I was stopped waiting for a pilot car to go through a construction zone...

Liz, who is hoping to get some decent weather before it's winter again.

Hi Liz ...... Thanks for the pics - 'looking good' - both you and the bikes. Love the new Monster .... Red and White always the best colours for a Ducati (classic style).

Seems it's been a crappy summer for most of us this year ... Like you, I am just hoping the autumn gives us some decent weather to make up for it.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:28 AM   #1295
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200B View Post
Kamchat what radiator guard did you go with?

Hi there ..... the dealer sourced it for me ...a black, aluminium Beowulf guard. See link below :-

http://beowulf-performance-products....0257&catid=438

As mentioned before - I think manufacturers ought to have guards fitted as standard .... They put one over the oil cooler - so why not just extend it up to protect the radiator!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:41 AM   #1296
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Because we came back via the Dunoon ferry the end of our Sunday trip was less scenic - Through Gourock/Greenock and down the M8 to Glasgow ..... but hey, it makes a change from twisty roads through great scenery!

Off the ferry and through Gourock and Greenock ....

The 'not so twisty' M8 motorway to Glasgow ....

Back under the river through the Clyde Tunnel ...... it's not a great pic ...but it's the only one of us underneath the river Clyde. ...... the exhaust noise sound great in the tunnel.

Back into the 'west end' and home ....

Old 09-07-2011, 03:45 AM   #1297
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

ps. If ever you want to take the Dunoon ferry across the Clyde estuary remember if you stop and buy the tickets at the wee paper shop on the right as you arrive in Dunoon ...or the other paper shop up the hill just across from the terminal, - it is half the price of buying them on the ferry itself.

Kamchat screwed with this post 09-07-2011 at 07:29 AM
Old 09-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #1298
Tango2
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
ps. If ever you want to take the Dunoon ferry across the Clyde estuary remember if you stop and buy the tickets at the wee paper shop on the left as you arrive in Dunoon ...or the other paper shop up the hill just across from the terminal, - it is half the price of buying them on the ferry itself.
It's a good tip! We sometimes do the same circuit but we always do the motorway/ferry bit first to get it over and done with!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #1299
tokyoklahoma
75%has been25%wanabe

Oddometer: 1,353
Question once a sheep

Is that for the visiting Welshmen?
tokyoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #1300
Tango2
Adventurer

Certainly is. Glasgow is a multi-cultural community that has facilities for everyone's requirements, even Welshmen!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #1301
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Hi Liz ...... Thanks for the pics - 'looking good' - both you and the bikes. Love the new Monster .... Red and White always the best colours for a Ducati (classic style).

Seems it's been a crappy summer for most of us this year ... Like you, I am just hoping the autumn gives us some decent weather to make up for it.
Thanks Kamchat :) I'm convinced I'm destined to own red bikes...I wanted a white Duc, but the red one was the one my dealer got in LOL! But I love it....it's a hoot!

Dunoon, eh? My dad has old friends that live there (I was penpals with their daughter growing up)! I recently reconnected with her online - one of these years, I hope to meet her. Small world! I need to hurry up and move out of AK so I have my money for traveling again, rather than saving for a house downpayment. Ugh!
AKLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #1302
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKLiz View Post
Thanks Kamchat :) I'm convinced I'm destined to own red bikes...I wanted a white Duc, but the red one was the one my dealer got in LOL! But I love it....it's a hoot!

Dunoon, eh? My dad has old friends that live there (I was penpals with their daughter growing up)! I recently reconnected with her online - one of these years, I hope to meet her. Small world! I need to hurry up and move out of AK so I have my money for traveling again, rather than saving for a house downpayment. Ugh!

'Red and white' are THE Ducati colours .... your bike looks great in the classic colours ...dealer made the right choice. ....

It is a small world indeed ..... and you will have to come and see your penpal in Dunoon ...... Dunoon is in a great location to get straight out onto some fantastic roads and into some awesome countryside ..... so, as Frank Sinatra would sing - 'Fly me to Dunoon......'
Old 09-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #1303
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 552
I would take that bike back the speedo is obviously broken.

limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #1304
Bendernz
Torrential

Oddometer: 525
Quote:

It is a small world indeed ..... and you will have to come and see your penpal in Dunoon ...... Dunoon is in a great location to get straight out onto some fantastic roads and into some awesome countryside ..... so, as Frank Sinatra would sing - 'Fly me to Dunoon......'
Spent a Hogmanay in Dunoon .... ended up partying with an American dude who was the drugs counsellor from the nuclear sub base across the water. He certainly knew his drugs, all right.

Great few days.
Bendernz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #1305
1200B
Ride everywhere...

Oddometer: 282
Picked mine up the other day and I love this bike!
Attached Images