ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 02:01 AM   #796
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater
 
RideFreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: County Lockup, NM
Oddometer: 5,410
I just looked at mine close and it's using 1 spring. I'm too lazy to use the rubber band, it doesn't flop around. I can see by the parts diagram there's allot of pieces to the ks, better go tighten mine up
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #797
DirtJack
Adventurer
 
DirtJack's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Oddometer: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
I just looked at mine close and it's using 1 spring. I'm too lazy to use the rubber band, it doesn't flop around. I can see by the parts diagram there's allot of pieces to the ks, better go tighten mine up
My 08 300XC is pretty much the same as yours. 16.5 in from center of bolt to tip, one spring and short bolt so the stand doesn't do auto-retract. I guess the previous owner made that change.
__________________
Remember, you're reading this on the Internet and it was written by a guy who can remember stuff which never happened.
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2008 KTM 300 XC (plated)
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #798
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater
 
RideFreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: County Lockup, NM
Oddometer: 5,410
Just noticed my stand has a cracks on each side of the bolt, we're headed to moab in a couple days, no time to get it welded beforehand, hope it holds up.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #799
DirtDad
Green Chile Guru
 
DirtDad's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Albuquerque NM
Oddometer: 1,540
No worries, just keep the kickstand up.
__________________
Current rides:
2014 YZ250F 05 KTM300EXC 11 KLR65007KTM450EXC
04 GasGas 280, finally, my perfect stable.
DirtDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #800
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,810
LOL.....all this kickstand talk......mine does not even have a kick stand.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #801
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater
 
RideFreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: County Lockup, NM
Oddometer: 5,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
LOL.....all this kickstand talk......mine does not even have a kick stand.
No trees around here to lean it against

RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #802
GasGas300 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: wyoming
Oddometer: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolodesiles View Post
my 2010 have two springs, the smaller inside the bigger



the 1/2 moon is useless if you have the short bolt/axle of the stand

hope this helps ;)
Wow - looks good - where did you get those nice graphics?
GasGas300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #803
Lolodesiles
Adventurer
 
Lolodesiles's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Switzerland
Oddometer: 29
thanks but it is original 2010 EXC 300 six days europe

;)
Lolodesiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #804
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
No trees around here to lean it against

I could see that as being an issue. It is funny when a couple of us stop, and everyone scrambles for the same tree to lean their bike on.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #805
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Capt. Egregious's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Where the sewer meets the sea, Edmonds Wa
Oddometer: 345
Thanks again for all the side stand info. guy's(all the parts are ordered). How bout oil's? I am pulling the forks to service the seals, what brand of oil are you all using? This may be a loaded question but what brand of 2smoke oil do you like? Motul is what the bike has been run on its whole life.

The bike is new to me so I hope you fella's don't mind a lot of question. It's also my first Orange bike

I will post some pictures up after I get her sorted.

Capt. Egregious screwed with this post 02-28-2013 at 10:31 PM
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #806
HellSickle
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 8,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Egregious View Post
Thanks again for all the side stand info. guy's(all the parts are ordered). How bout oil's? I am pulling the forks to service the seals, what brand of oil are you all using? This may be a loaded question but what brand of 2smoke oil do you like? Motul is what the bike has been run on its whole life.

The bike is new to me so I how you fella's don't mind a lot of question. It's also my first Orange bike

I will post some pictures up after I get her sorted.
My preference on oils:

Forks: Honda suspension fluid ss7m (5W). I run it in both forks and shocks.

Engine: Rotella

2-smoke: Something synthetic. If what you have has worked well, keep using it. I prefer 40-50:1. PO ran my bike 80:1 with Amsoil. Hard to say how well it worked, as results were confounded by running the bike out of coolant and not seating the air filter properly. Despite that abuse, the top end wasn't in too bad of shape. To preserve the bottom end, I prefer a lower ratio. At 40:1, some of my 2-smokes have gone 10 years on the stock bottom end.
__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #807
hilljak
Hayseed
 
hilljak's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Lost in the mulligrubs...
Oddometer: 369
ktm noob

I hope you guys don't mind, but a few weeks back I joined the ranks of the orange crowd...

My first 2 smoker since my 81' yz 125 was stolen in 82'! I guess after 30 years it's time.

She may be old... but there is a demon inside... I've seen it!



Had to replaced the bearings, pads, sprockets and save the chain. Still need to flush all the fluids, put on the new radiator guards and front tire.Then add my roll chart and gps. Should be ready for my first dual sport ride in May and then hit an enduro or two this summer...
__________________
_____________________________________

Proving I'm an idiot without ever speaking...
hilljak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #808
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Capt. Egregious's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Where the sewer meets the sea, Edmonds Wa
Oddometer: 345
Good looking bike Hilljak.

None of my parts have been shipped yet . So hear is a picture of my new bike before it's make over. (not my shop, PO)

Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #809
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater
 
RideFreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: County Lockup, NM
Oddometer: 5,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
My preference on oils:

Forks: Honda suspension fluid ss7m (5W). I run it in both forks and shocks.

Engine: Rotella

2-smoke: Something synthetic. If what you have has worked well, keep using it. I prefer 40-50:1. PO ran my bike 80:1 with Amsoil. Hard to say how well it worked, as results were confounded by running the bike out of coolant and not seating the air filter properly. Despite that abuse, the top end wasn't in too bad of shape. To preserve the bottom end, I prefer a lower ratio. At 40:1, some of my 2-smokes have gone 10 years on the stock bottom end.
I was running the crazy expensive Motul @ 50:1, got a fair amount of spooge out the exhaust. Switched over to Amzoil Dominator (I get it cheap) and now it has much less spooge
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #810
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Capt. Egregious's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Where the sewer meets the sea, Edmonds Wa
Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
I was running the crazy expensive Motul @ 50:1, got a fair amount of spooge out the exhaust. Switched over to Amzoil Dominator (I get it cheap) and now it has much less spooge
The PO of my bike was running 40:1 Motul and the muffler had oil running out of it. Still running Motul(til I run out) at 55:1, bike seems happier and less spooge out the pipe.
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014