Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #31
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backonthebike View Post
I'm setting myself up to be the ADV Guinea Pig here.
My Rev'it jacket arrived after 3 weeks, perfect condition but marginally too small for me.
I've sold it on the Aussie Fleamarket tonight, so I'm ordering a larger one.
Will keep you posted.
Well, it's November 16th and the second jacket has arrived here in Adelaide South Australia. Call it a fortnight. Correct size, properly packaged.
Half what it would have cost me in a shop Down Under.
That's three purchases from this crowd that have gone without a hitch.
That's all I have to say about that.

PS, I sold an XL (which was a bit small), ordered an XXL just to be sure and now think it might be a bit LARGE; remember Goldilocks and the Three Bears?. I'm not sure I'm up for another attempt.
Backonthebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #32
gunga
n00b

Oddometer: 1
All i can add to Backonthebike's post is be prepared for a very long delivery time.

I ordered from FC-Moto and though they say they are using DHL, DHL have informed me they actually use Deutsche Post and have told me it could take between three weeks and seven weeks for a parcel to arrive from Germany to Adelaide Australia.

Three weeks have passed, so guess the three weeks was optimistic.

Hopefully i get the correct size and don't have to experience the three time lucky scenario that Backon has endured.
gunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #33
Tnfan
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I tried ordering a Rev'it Jacket from them lately (last 2 weeks) and e-mailed them as to availability which they said they had in stock only to find out a couple of days later they did not have any. Hopefully my credit card is refunded with no hassles; not the best option for orders from the states but maybe the only option. At this time I would order from them again; maybe.
Tnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #34
gecko164
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I ordered a Vemar Helmet and a Held Jacket a month ago ...... still waiting ..... apparently not in stock ..... I am not even sure if the helmet is the market yet as no other website has that model.... I might cancel the Helmet and just ask them to ship the Jacket .....
gecko164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #35
rockydog
just a guy

Oddometer: 795
don't know if biker-land de carries what you need but I have had excellent all around results with them. Have no experience with fc

Rockydog woofs the Isles, British Isles
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #36
anthem
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
I ordered two items and when nothing was shipped with no status - finally cancelled after 4 weeks. . . So yes, I don't think they have anything remotely close in inventory of what they have online and they are notoriously difficult to get an actual accurate response to.

I have had great experience with Mario @ bikerland-de. Very responsive, ships quickly and helpful. .
anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #37
stilldointime
Fast and Loose

Oddometer: 42
Thumbs down Horrible Company

I attempted to order a helmet. Waited about 6 weeks. As others have said - they ship VIA German post office and NOT DHL. Tracking number went to the "export" point in Germany and nothing....... I never received the order and had to fight with them to get a refund. I had to file a compliant with VISA to get my money returned. Despite what FC-moto said...over a year later, I've never got the product, so if it actually shipped...who knows where it is at!! I would never suggest to anyone to use this company. Spend another $ or two and save yourself a lot of ass pain and actually get the product.
stilldointime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:39 AM   #38
painkilla
MeTaL HeD

Oddometer: 122
purchased the rev'it rogue jacket , arrived 10 days later , no problems.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #39
AceRider01
Fully Loaded

Oddometer: 609
from my own experiences and what i can gather from my searches - this summerise FC Moto:

1) most staff speak english - if there's a serious issue - call them;

2) unless item of your order is in stock, expect long delay. I think they must order from the suppliers only when sufficient quantity are needed

3) no online display of stock status, and email response are slow, inaccurate and generally frustrating

4) Your credit card is "authorised" for the amount of the order but the authorisation goes away within 7 days if they dont ship and you wont be charged until the order is ready to ship - this can be months.

5) Shipping is by German Post, although i see UPS courier is now an option at not too outrageous price.

6) they are the cheapest if you dont mind waiting (potentially for a long time);

7) Bikerland seem to have better customer services but their price & shipping is higher in most cases AND their range is narrower.
AceRider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #40
LoneStar
WhoopDeDoofus

Oddometer: 1,197
Tried twice to order a helmet from them. Ordered through the website and received an email(s) saying they had the order and were processing it, yada yada, 3 weeks later nothing received and no emails or updates. Wait another week and then email them asking about status to which I received a reply another week later that the helmet size was not in stock and they had cancelled the order. No notification or anything.

I went back online and the website still showed the helmet in various colors as being available in my size, so I decided to email them and ask which colors actually were in stock before going thru the same process again. They never responded to any emails so I finally gave up on dealing with them. Seems to be a hit or miss proposition
LoneStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #41
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,481
After reading this I ordered some Revit Cayanne Pants since you cant find XXL Long grey in the US anymore. I should have used the UPS option but did n not realize the DHL would be so bad. I ordered 4/16, it shipped 4/24. I figured they were going to tell me they cant get this since it has been a clearance item for a long time. Its been 16 days and they are not here. If I don't see it by Monday I will start Emailing them.
Parx400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #42
swimmer OP
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
After reading this I ordered some Revit Cayanne Pants since you cant find XXL Long grey in the US anymore. I should have used the UPS option but did n not realize the DHL would be so bad. I ordered 4/16, it shipped 4/24. I figured they were going to tell me they cant get this since it has been a clearance item for a long time. Its been 16 days and they are not here. If I don't see it by Monday I will start Emailing them.
your stuff is most likely just waiting to clear customs. You should be able to see that its in DHL possession. Give it another week. You'll get hammered with import fees if you use UPS.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #43
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
your stuff is most likely just waiting to clear customs. You should be able to see that its in DHL possession. Give it another week. You'll get hammered with import fees if you use UPS.
I used DHL from Italy and got a customs charge ($104 on a $1700 purchase) so not too bad. Just unlucky on this occasion really. UPS would have been more for sure.

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #44
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,481
How did they tell you it was owed?

Will it be delivered by DHL or USPS?
Parx400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #45
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
How did they tell you it was owed?

Will it be delivered by DHL or USPS?
You don't know until you get the invoice from the shipper. DHL delivered it all the way. Astonishingly fast service from Spidi HQ in Italy to my door in twenty something hours if I remember correctly.

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is online now   Reply With Quote