Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #46
nitemask
n00b

Oddometer: 5
They were helpful when ordering. I had better experience with motobluz.com (French company). Used Google Translate to help research on the site. I ordered a jacket on a Thursday and had it the following Wed. It's always nice since they also don't charge the VAT which I found out for us in the US is the amount shown/1.19.
nitemask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #47
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
Still nothing for me.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #48
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

OK Its moving again.
The shipment is transported to the destination country and then passed to the delivery organization.

It sat in the export center for 3 weeks.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:32 AM   #49
AusSteve2712
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Pissed

For anyone considering buying off these clowns, just beware & read my story below. These people have absolutely no idea what they are doing. What follows is a summary of correspondence between moto-fc & myself.

18 Dec, 2011 I ordered these helmets, when I heard nothing after a month you tell me you won't be getting them until March! In Australia it is illegal to advertise goods for sale that you do not have,

March 24 I e-mailed you to ask what was happening with the helmets & you told me they had been shipped. The tracking number you gave me never showed any change of status. I asked many times and you kept telling me they had been posted, even though DHL said they had never been picked up from you. I told you this but you kept telling me they had been shipped.

May 2nd; forty (40) days after you told me they had been shipped, and continually told me they had been shipped, all of a sudden you tell me you don't have them in stock.

May 2nd; again you say ""Thgere goes something wrong. We try to send as soon as possible"".

May 2nd; yet again you say "please excuse for this mistake. Your order was not shipped. We have only prepared the bill for your order. Your order will be shipped in the next few days."

May 2nd; I replied ""''If you can't post them in the next two weeks I want a refund, I am paying interest on that money & you have the use of my money. Please let me know when you will have the items in stock. I need to know when I will be getting them"'
Please advise me urgently when these items will be shipped, I really want these helmets but am not prepared to wait much longer. It has now been almost 5 months since I ordered.

You say they will be shipped in the next few days, please confirm this. If you are unable to guarantee you will ship within the next two weeks please urgently process my full refund.

If I do not hear from you within the next week I will assume you can't guarantee shipment and I will expect you to process my full refund.

If I do not here from you within the next week I will proceed with a Visa dispute.

May 7th; you say; " your order will be send in the next few days".

May 19, 17 days after I told you to cancel the order if you can't ship in the next two weeks , I tell you to cancel my order & immediately refund my Visa.

May 22nd; at 5.12p.m. I get an e-mail from you saying "we have canceled your order in your request". I reply asking if you have refunded my Visa
May 22nd at 5.46 p.m. I receive another e-mail from you saying ""please excuse for this mistake. Your order was shipped. Please send us the items back, when you are not interested in it."

I reply, So you don't have them until I say I want a refund and all of a sudden they have been shipped. Surely you can't be serious? When were they posted? What is the tracking number? When will I get my refund?.

This must be the worst transaction I have ever been a part of, you people clearly have no idea what is happening.

If you would like a full copy of all the e-mails I have received from you, and sent to you, just let me know I will gladly send them.

Kindly find someone to reply who can tell me what is happening, at your earliest opportunity!

Needless to say I have heard nothing from them & have not yet received a refund. That is now being looked after by Visa.
AusSteve2712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #50
AceRider01
Fully Loaded

Oddometer: 626
FC Moto is indeed a hit and miss - If something you are after is available from biker-land de, i strongly suggest you get it there - much more professional and friendly, although their price is not often as cheap as FC Moto.

I get the feeling that FC Moto simply advertise anything and only order what you want when they have sufficient request and can a cheap price from their wholesaler. Biker-land shows real time stock level.

That said, from my own experience and what others have posted, they normally only authorise your credit card at the time of purchase, but not charge - the authorisation disappear after 7 days, and they only charge the credit card just before shipping.

Best thing is call them between 8pm to 2am australian EST to resolve any dispute. good luck with getting everything sorted.

aaron
AceRider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #51
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Well the address was wrong on my Package so USPS returned it to Germany. They didn't even hold it for 24 hours. I was tracking it every day and once It said there was an issue with the address I ran down there. I can not fucking believe this. I think I'm going to just order something different in the US.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #52
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone have there phone number
Old 05-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #53
rm_pt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
i've to say that i've bought 3 times (2 helmets , 1 jacket) from them and no single issue, althougth i'm in EU so delivery is not so tricky maybe...
rm_pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #54
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,084
...I bought a pair of boots there a few months ago, a lot less than US prices even with delivery.
No problems, They kept me apprised although it took a couple days to get e-mail answers.
No problems.

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #55
AceRider01
Fully Loaded

Oddometer: 626
FC Moto is really a bit of luck of draw.

Parx400,

here are the contact details for it - hope everything is sorted:

FC-Moto.de
Jülicher Str. 16
52070 Aachen
Phone: 0241-4639472
Fax: 0241-4639473

kontakt@fc-moto.de
AceRider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM   #56
CreatureCore
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Well I ordered a rev'it sirocco jacket from them as they are the only people who had it listed anywhere. I was really excited to find it in the right size as their website said they only had 3 sizes left. Small, xl, and xxl. Out of boredom i clicked on their facebook link and to my horror i saw all the negative comments. Googled them up and brought me to advrider. So figured i would stop lurking and reading on this site and just make an account. Really nervous and hoping they come through. Have a trip planned to west virginia at the end of the month. I selected ups 3-10 day shipping just to make sure it would be here on time.

Order was placed 5/31 at 6am german time
Someone viewed it remarkably at 6/1 at 3am.

What someone is doing at the shop at that time i have no idea, but hoping it gets shipped out. This isnt exactly an item they can order anymore so they either screwed up and dont have it and need to refund my money or actually have it in stock and i might get lucky and get my jacket.

On the plus side my girl friends best friend is stationed in germany, so maybe she would be able to deal with them if i needed her to.
CreatureCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #57
ar1814
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Got any news from them ?
ar1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #58
Justav
MasterLurker

Oddometer: 33
Problem is with DHL/German Postal Service, not FC-moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
Well the address was wrong on my Package so USPS returned it to Germany. They didn't even hold it for 24 hours. I was tracking it every day and once It said there was an issue with the address I ran down there. I can not fucking believe this. I think I'm going to just order something different in the US.
This is very similar to my experience trying to buy something from Germany (different seller, not even remotely related to motorcycles) which was shipped via DHL, which is essentially the German Postal Service nowadays. The shipment ended up in a black hole for a couple of weeks, with no tracking information, nor any way for me or even the sender to locate where the package was.
Consequently, I selected to have my shipment (Revit Cayenne Pants) from FC-moto sent via UPS, and had no problem whatsoever. While the shipping charges were a bit higher than what I would have paid via DHL, it was still less than the 19% VAT refund, and I had peace of mind. From my experience and further observation, there seems to be a big problem with DHL/US Customs/USPS interactions, so I decided to not buy anything from a company that only offers DHL as shipping option.

past:
'97 R1100R (US), '92 VX800 (US)
'90 VX800 (DE), '86 XBR500 (DE), '79 RD200 (DE)
Justav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #59
clintnz
Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer: 3,389
Just got in some spare visors for our Airoh S4 helmets, 20 days to NZ. DHL shipping. No problems.

Cheers
Clint

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
clintnz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #60
ZuluGS
n00b

Oddometer: 1
No problems at all

After reading this forum, among others, I decided to go ahead and order a Rukka Argonaut jacket from FC Moto. I am always a bit hesitant when I deal with an internet supplier for the first time, but I decided that the price difference between my national retailers (I live in the UK) and FC Moto was worth it. I saved a total of over 250 GBP!!!

I placed my order on a Sunday evening using the online ordering service. As others have mentioned, my credit cards (one from Sweden, one from Canada) were not accepted, so I proceeded with a COD order. By Tuesday an email informed me that the jacket had shipped, with a UPS track code and estimated Thursday delivery date. True to word, I had it in my hands that day - proper size, proper colour.

I am happy enough that I have gone ahead and ordered the pants as well. I will let you know how that pans out. So far I am very pleased with the service.

UPDATE:

After a brief hiccup with my order for the Argonaut trousers (the order had been marked processed but had not been shipped until I sent them an email) they arrived approximately 2 days after the ship date. Again, cash on delivery worked perfectly and I have been using them on my 45 minute commute back and forth to work in sun, rain, and cold temperatures down to -1C. FC Moto 2 for 2.

The gear is absolutely fantastic and I have never had any problems staying dry or warm. I have a light down-filled jacket and thermal trousers I wear underneath the Argonaut suit, and with Dainese Jericho gloves I am ready for the worst that the Teesside winter can throw at me. Although you should maybe check with me again in January

ZuluGS screwed with this post 10-22-2012 at 01:38 PM Reason: Update
ZuluGS is offline   Reply With Quote