Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #76
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,440
Anyone have a discount code for them? I'm about to make a large purchase.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #77
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,462
An update to my ongoing experience:

The helmet arrived at (I assume) the airport in Frankfurt on 4/16, it landed in NY this morning. So far, I've only got one problem - I selected UPS over DHL because I believed UPS would be much more expedient. What I've got is a USPS tracking #, not UPS. Im a bit annoyed at not getting what I paid a significant premium for, but as long as the helmet arrives in good shape this coming week, I'll let it go.
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #78
W-Gator
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Thumb Very pleased

Ordered a pair of Sidi Adventure Gortex boots on April 30th and they were delivered May 8th. Exceptional service and price by FC-Moto.
Hope the boots perform per reputation (with or without squeaks).
W-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #79
LoneStar
WhoopDeDoofus

Oddometer: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-Gator View Post
Ordered a pair of Sidi Adventure Gortex boots on April 30th and they were delivered May 8th. Exceptional service and price by FC-Moto.
Hope the boots perform per reputation (with or without squeaks).
Loving mine and they don't seem to squeak. The price was fantastic - about $360 US plus the $21 DHL. I'd been on the MC Superstore and Revzilla waiting list for months for a pair and finally got tired of waiting. From FC the Goretex version was almost $50 less than the non Goretex version in the US.
LoneStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #80
SpeedyK
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 231
Not to be smart, but UPS is rarely better in any way than alternatives. I will always choose anything else, and have cancelled orders because the vendor only offered UPS. They probably have the computerised back-end sussed, but dealing with human beings is problematic for them.

Hidebound with procedures and policies, distant when there's a problem, and it this isn't just recent, a children's book from the 60's that called them the "Untied Parcel Service". String and twine, see, used to use it for parcels before tape came along...never mind.

And there's a co-operative thing they do with USPS, where UPS carries it USPS makes the delivery. So you perhaps did get UPS service up to the last leg.

A lot easier to deal with local PO about a missed delivery than UPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Error View Post
An update to my ongoing experience:

The helmet arrived at (I assume) the airport in Frankfurt on 4/16, it landed in NY this morning. So far, I've only got one problem - I selected UPS over DHL because I believed UPS would be much more expedient. What I've got is a USPS tracking #, not UPS. Im a bit annoyed at not getting what I paid a significant premium for, but as long as the helmet arrives in good shape this coming week, I'll let it go.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:20 AM   #81
we11ington
n00b

Oddometer: 2
just ordered Schuberth bluetooth unit

I ordered with the UPS COD option and two days later its showing as dispatched an movin through Germany. I will keep you guys updated with it progress. As I havent paid anything yet I couldnt care less what happens. It's their business to lose...!!
we11ington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:35 AM   #82
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyK View Post
Not to be smart, but UPS is rarely better in any way than alternatives. I will always choose anything else, and have cancelled orders because the vendor only offered UPS. They probably have the computerised back-end sussed, but dealing with human beings is problematic for them.

Hidebound with procedures and policies, distant when there's a problem, and it this isn't just recent, a children's book from the 60's that called them the "Untied Parcel Service". String and twine, see, used to use it for parcels before tape came along...never mind.

And there's a co-operative thing they do with USPS, where UPS carries it USPS makes the delivery. So you perhaps did get UPS service up to the last leg.

A lot easier to deal with local PO about a missed delivery than UPS.

I'd forgotten about this thread...

Anyhow, the helmet arrived via USPS the day after it hit NY. There was no hassle at the door, I just had to sign for it and the box was left in my hands. Packing left a lot to be desired, the Nolan box was a bit foxed around the corners from where it had bumped around in the larger shipping box, but the helmet was flawless.
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #83
Algarve Nick
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
I ordered a load of stuff from Portugal and it came and went back. Probably down to Portugal's incompetent couriers rather than the German company addressing wrongly BUT it took weeks of emailing and finally threatening legal action before they got back to me. Then, and only then, I got my money back. I will NEVER deal with them again.
Algarve Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #84
phelan77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
there is another german website which i have tried. motoin.de

Ordered a leather suit and it arrived within 5 days

Shipping was 16 euro
phelan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #85
wiz.au
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
No more with FC-Moto

After being stuffed around with FC-Moto lying they had the X551 helmet in stock, and delay after delay after delay, I gave up a little after two weeks waiting for it to be shipped ("in stock" my arse!) and I got it from Motostorm in Italy, EUR11 cheaper, and shipped in three days.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:53 AM   #86
AceRider01
Fully Loaded

Oddometer: 608
Well guys, my experience in the past with FC Moto has not been the best to put it politely. - but they do have the best price, and in the past 5 months i notice that they added UPS Courier as an delivery option as well showing some items are "in stock".

With the landed price being 50% cheaper that the rape price we have to pay in Australia. I thought i give them another go when i decided to order some GIVI tox and side boxes. I was prepare to wait a couple month for the items to show up.

Ordered on Thursday 17th german time, and the system advised me that on Monday 21th that the items are shipped by UPS but did not give me an UPS number - thought to myself here we go again. So i rang them on Tuesday and was promptly and professionally send an email with a tracking number - because of the time difference i didnt check the number until the next day - oops, invalid number. Another call, she says she will investigate and get back to me. She rang me 30 minutes later from germany to give me the correct tracking number. And their system finally generate an automated email 2 days after the package was sent!!!

Got the goods today on the 25th. check the packages - from the package boxes looks like their local GIVI wholesaler sent the boxes on 18th and they dispatched on 21st, within 2 working days after my initial order.

In summary:

1) looks like FC moto has hired a professional team to answer the calls and handle all the admin stuff;

2) their UPS fee is a highly discounted fee they probably paid (they are huge boxes) - charged me $50euro for one 55litre topbox and a pair of E21 box to express deliver to Aus - The retail UPS rate would be around the $US200 plus

3) Their system is still not perfect - but a serious effort has been made to get things up with the best - i only hope this will continue.

I suggest everyone give them a try on non-time critical items - they dont charge u till delivery but will authorise your cc which goes away in 5 days if they havent deliver.

-----

hope they keep up with the efforts
AceRider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #87
James Adams
Not a Texan

Oddometer: 8,206
I ordered a helmet from them just a week ago and they shipped promptly and DHL has already handed over the package to USPS. Can't say the same for my Biker-Land order which shipped a few days earlier and hasn't been even entered the US yet.
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #88
AceRider01
Fully Loaded

Oddometer: 608
i think the critical thing is how fast the shipment leave their premises - once on route it's all up to the courier/post carrier. I had very good experiences with bikerland in the past.
AceRider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #89
T1G3R
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Anyone know of a working discount code for FC-Moto? I found one for 5% off but I'm curious about any others. Thanks.
T1G3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #90
James Adams
Not a Texan

Oddometer: 8,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1G3R View Post
Anyone know of a working discount code for FC-Moto? I found one for 5% off but I'm curious about any others. Thanks.
The 5% off one is the only one that I know of. I used it recently and it works.
James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote