Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #16
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast
for the customers.... how is the mirror vibration compared to your stock mirrors on your bike previously (if you had stock mirrors on your bike)? I like the short compact stalks and think that would help minimize vibration but I also think that moving the mirrors out to the bar ends would increase vibrations transmitted to the mirrors.. so I'm just curious..

I would love to know if that car behind me on the highway is a cop or not.. With my stock mirrors I can never tell until I pull in the clutch for a couple of seconds and let things settle down... Who has time for all that?? NOT ME
Mirrors perform better than the OEM ones (at least for me)...but they aren't as effective as my "elephant ear" mirrors on my Land Rover trucks

Bottom line: better than OEM for me and I can see clearly
Old 01-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #17
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDB
Hey Mike, I have yet to make one for a 610, but I have it drawn up for a Scotts. I'd be willing to bet that a Motosportz Submount would be no problem at all. It's sandwiched between the top triple and the lower handlebar clamps, so shouldn't affect the fitment, just raise the bars. If you have a pic of the KTM/PT setup, shoot it over to me I'd like to see it.
Paul
KevinMTB posted up his solution. Please see http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...56429&page=957

I would rather use the Motosportz damper, but I will take what I can get.

GPR replied back to me saying their submount/damper/topclamp kit won't fit the TE610 with the 5 gallon IMS - tank is too thick. The guide pin mounting for all damper brands is a challenge on this bike. KevinMTB made his own. Motosprtz makes only the top mount for the 610, but that clutters up the top clamp area, I would rather use that area for switches and such, and not clutter up the area. leaving better dashboard access.

The '07 and below come stock with 7/8" bars. I need them raised more. In switching to fat bars I need to raise them further yet. So a submount that acts as a riser leaves lots of unused space - perfect for a damper to be mounted there. I am OK with using the tank bolt for the guide pin like KevinMTB and other have. Another thought is to fab up spacers that go under the handlebar and submount to lift the handlebar and top clamp up higher as a unit. Would work for all your models.

- Mike
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #18
HDB OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Hi Mike, I looked at the post and the tank bolt frame mount looks like a pretty simple solution. Also, I cringe whenever someone says I didn't return an email, don't get me wrong I screw up more than most, so I went back and found your email and my reply from 11/12 and forwarded it on to you. Sometimes hotmail accounts go to spam, but give a check.

Here are some shots of the design I have, this along with the frame mt could solve it. It's tight between the lower clamps and they'll need some cutouts to fit, but this will get it mounted up.

Let me know what you think. Paul

Please email me hdb@highwaydirtbikes.com , Thanks.
HDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #19
husky123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,454
Paul,

Check your email for one from me.
husky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #20
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDB
Hi Mike, I looked at the post and the tank bolt frame mount looks like a pretty simple solution. Also, I cringe whenever someone says I didn't return an email, don't get me wrong I screw up more than most, so I went back and found your email and my reply from 11/12 and forwarded it on to you. Sometimes hotmail accounts go to spam, but give a check.

Here are some shots of the design I have, this along with the frame mt could solve it. It's tight between the lower clamps and they'll need some cutouts to fit, but this will get it mounted up.

.. pics ...

Let me know what you think. Paul
Hi Paul,

I got your direct email today, so that is working now, thanks.

Interesting design option above. Most solutions I have seen integrate the submount and riser, but you have proposed a more abstract submount allowing potentially stock risers of customer choice to be used across a wider variety of models, provided there is enough clearance in the middle.

There has been concern over the durability of using the gas tank bolt alone for the guide pin support, but the post is welded to the frame tube and looks more than sturdy enough to me as long as the pin height is reasonable - such as only use a under-bar not over-the-bar damper. Besides, if the bolt/pin or even the post were to snap off, it is an inconvenience, not a safety issue, in my book. Easy to weld repair even stronger. Tie wraps work for this in the field as a repair.

Motosportz fits their damper under the bar on the TE510 and lower models. Your submount might be designed to accomodate the bolt patterns of either damper, maybe even GPR in a single part?

- Mike
Old 02-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #21
dhawker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Hasn't GPR just come out with a steering damper specifically for the Husky TE610?

What I would like to know is if I could get the HDB top clamp to mount to the new GPR TE610 lower setup?

This would solve all my issues as I love the HDB system but also want a steering stabilizer that I don't have to fabricate a post for on the TE610. I like the Motosportz system also, but would prefer an under the bars lower position for the stabilizer, as the upper mount would interfere with my GPS and wouldn't work with the HDB top clamp.

Here is the link I am refering to
http://www.gprstabilizer.com/app_27_husqvarna_610

dhawker screwed with this post 02-04-2010 at 09:42 AM
dhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #22
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawker
Hasn't GPR just come out with a steering damper specifically for the Husky TE610?

What I would like to know is if I could get the HDB top clamp to mount to the new GPR TE610 lower setup?

This would solve all my issues as I love the HDB system but also want a steering stabilizer that I don't have to fabricate a post for on the TE610. I like the Motosportz system also, but would prefer an under the bars lower position for the stabilizer, as the upper mount would interfere with my GPS and wouldn't work with the HDB top clamp.

Here is the link I am refering to
http://www.gprstabilizer.com/app_27_husqvarna_610
If you have the IMS 5 gallon tank, GPR says their post mount won't fit.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #23
dhawker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
I don't have an IMS tank just the stock one. I use rotopax fuel containers mounted like panniers if I need more fuel capacity. So this is not an issue for me.
dhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #24
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,282
For anyone interested.. I have been doing a step by step review of the HighwayDirtbikes.com "Adventure System" over in the Orange Crush forum.

If you are considering this system or would like to know more about it, you might want to check it out.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552023

I have the HDB system on three of my bikes and I love it
cheers,
Edward

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #25
KevinMTB
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Highway Dirt Bikes

Another satisfied customer. I can't say enough about HDB customer service, the best I have experienced. I have had the hand guards on my 610 for 8 months and haven't had any problems. Thanks Paul.
KevinMTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #26
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,282
I finally finished my review in Orange Crush:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552023

Lots of information and lots of pics to help you make up your mind.

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #27
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,820
Looks good! Waiting on my new top clamp from Paul...will post up when I receive it...
Old 03-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #28
plumber mike
Born again

Oddometer: 2,245
Another satisfied customer

I recieved my "beefy" handguards and was stoked, until I noticed that the top clamp didn't line up I was hoping to try these out on a trip to Colorado that I leave for tonight. I sent Paul an Email about the clamp and he next day aired the right clamp so I would have them for my trip

These are "beefy" and beautiful.

Pics when I get back. I'm off like a prom dress.

Thanks Paul
plumber mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:01 AM   #29
husky123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,454
I've got nothing but good things to say about Paul too. Dude is on it.
husky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #30
slashfive
moto celeritas

Oddometer: 356
r100gs?

any follow up on fitment to a r100gs that someone inquired on previously?
ive got an '89 with the small number screen and looking for new handguards and some switching options and this system looks perfect.

thanks!
eric.
slashfive is offline   Reply With Quote