ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #1771
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,347
actually, I don't have a clue (yet) where it is. Probably just gonna lay around the shanty this weekend anyway. I am on my best behavior - the plan right now is to leave out early Thursday morning for South Dakota, Yellowstone, Tetons, maybe Colorado...

so this weekend it's wash the bike, get all the laundry done (and packed), swap out the windshields, make sure the yard is cleaned up, treat her to a nice meal... you know the drill. I plan to have the bike packed for the trip on Monday, so no riding after that until Thursday. I can't wait!

ROAD TRIP! Woo Hoo! Try this on yer dirt bike...
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #1772
Drowsy Dave
Square Peg, No Hole

Oddometer: 1,284
Man, that sound like a lot more fun then I'll be having.

Have fun, be safe. We expect a full report when you get back. Complete with pics of the mayhem and debauchery.
Drowsy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #1773
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,028
Sorry to hijack the thread but am in a bind.

Some of you may recall me being on here a bit about three to four months ago while planning to move to Nashville. Well the move took longer then planned, with the flood and everything.

Well now I was supposed to move on the 1st but on the 29th my ex-future landlord emailed me to say he'd run out of money and the house wouldn't be finished for quite sometime. Oh and the kicker he had already spent my deposit... Yes this has been the move from hell!

Okay to make a long story short I have to be out of my house here tomorrow and will be arriving in Nashville with two dogs, towing my work truck, loaded down with all my tools etc.

So what I am hoping is maybe one of you guys might know of the perfect rental place for me that I can move into tomorrow. Barring that I am hoping someone has a secure/semi secure spot I can park my truck (it's only a small pick-up). The only hotel I can find that is dog friendly and not an arm or leg is Motel 6 and I just know all my stuff will get stolen if I leave it there. In Nashville an hour outside of Nashville either way as long as it's safe.

Thanks for any help guys, I can't wait to get out and ride with you all!

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #1774
Drowsy Dave
Square Peg, No Hole

I'd offer but I'm out of room. Both kids are home from college and one of them already has to park on the street. And when their friends are over there are two or three cars on the street. I'm sure the neighbors are thrilled.

What are you doing with all of your stuff? Have you checked into storage units?

Right now we're in the middle of doing some renovation to the place and I've got half the house in storage. Seems like I've seen some storage units big enough to handle a small car as well as a few rooms of furniture.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #1775
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze
actually, I don't have a clue (yet) where it is. Probably just gonna lay around the shanty this weekend anyway. I am on my best behavior - the plan right now is to leave out early Thursday morning for South Dakota, Yellowstone, Tetons, maybe Colorado...

so this weekend it's wash the bike, get all the laundry done (and packed), swap out the windshields, make sure the yard is cleaned up, treat her to a nice meal... you know the drill. I plan to have the bike packed for the trip on Monday, so no riding after that until Thursday. I can't wait!

ROAD TRIP! Woo Hoo! Try this on yer dirt bike...

Hey man !!
I wish you a great and safe trip, keep us posted !!

dirt bike? no way... good dualsport... hell yea !
be safe breeze ............

I take pride in having a ugly bike,where i ride pretty dont count.

cdq3 screwed with this post 07-02-2010 at 07:54 PM
cdq3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #1776
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Redman
Some of you may recall me being on here a bit about three to four months ago while planning to move to Nashville. Well the move took longer then planned, with the flood and everything.

Well now I was supposed to move on the 1st but on the 29th my ex-future landlord emailed me to say he'd run out of money and the house wouldn't be finished for quite sometime. Oh and the kicker he had already spent my deposit... Yes this has been the move from hell!

Okay to make a long story short I have to be out of my house here tomorrow and will be arriving in Nashville with two dogs, towing my work truck, loaded down with all my tools etc.

So what I am hoping is maybe one of you guys might know of the perfect rental place for me that I can move into tomorrow. Barring that I am hoping someone has a secure/semi secure spot I can park my truck (it's only a small pick-up). The only hotel I can find that is dog friendly and not an arm or leg is Motel 6 and I just know all my stuff will get stolen if I leave it there. In Nashville an hour outside of Nashville either way as long as it's safe.

yes sir, i rember you. im a little out of town here, about 50 or so miles south of nashville . but you would be welcome to park a truck in my shope parking lott for as long as you need. but sorry dude, im too far away for ya.

good luck, and hope ya get a new place to stay soon.

I take pride in having a ugly bike,where i ride pretty dont count.
cdq3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #1777
Crazy Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowsy Dave
I'd offer but I'm out of room. Both kids are home from college and one of them already has to park on the street. And when their friends are over there are two or three cars on the street. I'm sure the neighbors are thrilled.

What are you doing with all of your stuff? Have you checked into storage units?

Right now we're in the middle of doing some renovation to the place and I've got half the house in storage. Seems like I've seen some storage units big enough to handle a small car as well as a few rooms of furniture.
Already have my entire house in storage but haven't been able to find another unit to house my truck. The storage industry in Nashville is apparently having a boom since the flood... I was hoping there would be a farmer or someone in a more rural area that would have space on here...

Old 07-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #1778
Drowsy Dave
Square Peg, No Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by istbenz
I was gonna use that one for my tag this weekend!!! DAMN...

Photobucket

(a pic of this handsome devil was taken here earlier this year )

BA
Dude...all you need is a cape an you be stylin.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:52 AM   #1779
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,347
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #1780
bmwblake
upside down parker

Oddometer: 3,282
you'll get more help if you start a thread in the regionals section and not in the tag thread.

i'd offer you parking, but i don't have outdoor parking in an area that i'd recommend leaving a work truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Redman

bmwblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #1781
istbenz
Mustachioed Marauder

Oddometer: 305

Standing Stone SP

BA
Old 07-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #1782
istbenz
Mustachioed Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowsy Dave
Dude...all you need is a cape an you be stylin.

BA
Old 07-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #1783
Crazy Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwblake
you'll get more help if you start a thread in the regionals section and not in the tag thread.

i'd offer you parking, but i don't have outdoor parking in an area that i'd recommend leaving a work truck.
Good point! I have started a thread, seems kind of silly but I never thought one guy could have this much bad luck!

Old 07-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #1784
istbenz
Mustachioed Marauder

the next tag

This is indeed what you think it is.....

only it's not

BA
Old 07-03-2010, 01:48 PM   #1785
stanack2
IBA #45290

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by istbenz

This is indeed what you think it is.....

only it's not

BA

I see that the Ninja is going semi naked, are you trying to be stylish like the Buell? Just remember to take your tire plugs along with you if you are!