ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #766
jburge
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowsy Dave
Well I'm a idjit.

When the kids were little, we were members of the Science Center right around the corner. Must have driven by it a hundred times and I didn't recognise it.

Getting old sucks..now where'd I put my glasses...
Have seen the Science Center many times from the interstate and never would have imaginged a place like fort negley would be nestled in behind it. Have been following along on the site for a few weeks and finally decided to join in on the fun. Great site and a good way to explore middle TN.
jburge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:18 PM   #767
gaspsser
n00b

Two points for paw paw!

Glad to be a part of adventure rider! 2 points for paw paw! Drakes Park in Hendersonville off of New Shackle Island!
gaspsser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #768
tn-steve
Addicted

Oddometer: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspsser

Glad to be a part of adventure rider! 2 points for paw paw! Drakes Park in Hendersonville off of New Shackle Island!
Holy Todedo! All of us stubbly advriders have been out tagged by noobs on cruisers twice in a row. Well done gaspsser
tn-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #769
rob feature OP
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn-steve
Holy Todedo! All of us stubbly advriders have been out tagged by noobs on cruisers twice in a row. Well done gaspsser
And I can walk from work to Ft. Negley

But no work today. Hell, no work all week. And one helluva week to have off

A hearty welcome to all the new blood. Had no idea we had us our own little Disneyland here in town. Learn something new everyday!

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #770
richarddacat
helmet full of Blues

Oddometer: 3,184
GOOD JOB AND ATTABOY'S FOR THE LURKERS

BONA-WHO ??
richarddacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #771
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,307
Congrats new guys....way to strike from outta nowhere !
ihatefalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #772
merlin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Ok guys, I'm back from doing the MS, AR parts of the TAT. Ready to go and get some tags. Well, almost. I've got to change tires.
Things that I've learned: knobbies are not fun on the road and they only last about 1500 miles, riding in a hail storm is interesting at best and an Arai XD doesn't like cross winds are any thing over 80 mph.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:24 AM   #773
rob feature OP
Domain Ranger

Rules updated. No major changes. It came to my attention that rule one was somewhat unclear on using file photos. That has been clarified.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #774
gaspsser
n00b

Just went and got the new and tag. Then I realized its already been done before when I got back! DAMN! It was a good one too! Im still working on it! Will be up this afternoon.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #775
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,001
the powers that be here at work have seen fit to block several photo hosting sites, including photobucket, webshots, and smugmug that I know of so far. This makes it virtually impossible for me to play the game. I can't see the tags. And I can't upload tags. I actually had the Ft Negley tag but I could not upload it.

I am thinking of getting a cell phone with internet access. I don't know very much about these things. Any suggestions? I will post this in the shiny things forum, I don't want to get this one off topic.

thanks
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #776
jburge
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze
the powers that be here at work have seen fit to block several photo hosting sites, including photobucket, webshots, and smugmug that I know of so far. This makes it virtually impossible for me to play the game. I can't see the tags. And I can't upload tags. I actually had the Ft Negley tag but I could not upload it.

I am thinking of getting a cell phone with internet access. I don't know very much about these things. Any suggestions? I will post this in the shiny things forum, I don't want to get this one off topic.

thanks
?Does that mean that a nOOb has a first post tag and BRUCE?!
I have an iPhone and use the free photobucket application. Makes it very easy to snap the pic and immediatley upload directly from the phone (if cell reception is up to par!) You can save the advrider forum as a icon on the main screen of the phone and be on the site with the click of one button. Would probably cut out a few Bruces!

jburge screwed with this post 03-30-2010 at 09:13 AM
jburge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:23 AM   #777
rob feature OP
Domain Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze

thanks
Tried a proxy server?

Old 03-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #778
bmwblake
upside down parker

Oddometer: 3,277
or being really nice to your sys admin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature
Tried a proxy server?
bmwblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #779
richarddacat
helmet full of Blues

Oddometer: 3,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature
Rules updated. No major changes. It came to my attention that rule one was somewhat unclear on using file photos. That has been clarified.
Thanks

: Your photo must be taken after the new tag is established. (can't just use old photos you have on hand). This goes for a new tag placement as well. No file photos may be used.

1a: Try to reproduce the photo as well as possible from memory. If something's blocking your way, just do your best...the idea is to prove you were there; not to critique composition. You may only submit one photo for a tag. You may only capture a tag with one photo.
BONA-WHO ??
richarddacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #780
gaspsser
n00b

New tag...go fish!