User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #1
enduro0125 OP
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 14,629
The Official Lucas Oil Pro Motocross 2015 discussion thread

First Milsaps fired and now talk of Christophe Pourcel returning?

Quote:
We may be ever closer to putting the “Is Christophe Pourcel returning to Lucas Oil Pro Motocross?” rumors to bed. Pourcel was testing out at Pala Raceway today with the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna team. Vital MX is reporting that a deal with the team could be signed as soon as tomorrow. Sources have confirmed to Racer X that the deal may happen “sooner rather than later.” We also hear this is a deal to race in the 450MX class.

Vital MX is also reporting that the deal could extend beyond the outdoor season. Pourcel returned to Lucas Oil Pro Motocross last season in the 250 Class with Valli Yamaha, finishing sixth overall, with a moto and overall win at Unadilla.
Bring on the outdoors
Old 04-28-2015, 06:22 AM   #2
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,414
Its official CP377 to ride a 450 Husky for outdoor nationals.

http://racerxonline.com/2015/04/27/i...cing-husqvarna
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:41 AM   #3
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 20,846
Thumb Let them playyyyy... outside in the fresh air, so they can run wild, free... and WOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
Bring on the outdoors
Appologies in ADVance...?

Just sending out a pre-emptive letter of condolence on behalf of all the RV#2 fans out here on ADV, to the (eventual) winner of this years #1 plate in the 450 NATIONAL class...

As no doubt their accomplishment will be significantly diminished by the fact that (obviously) the win was made much easier by the abscence of the "Greatest Of All Potatoes"... seeing as Washington states favorite red headed spud-missile is over in Europe racing all of those other funny accented continental B-division title chasers for some fimmy mx-Goop thingy...
Old 04-28-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,838
Any word on Adam Ciancirulo?
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #5
enduro0125 OP
Sticks and Stones™..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
Any word on Adam Ciancirulo?

Looks like he'll be ready.

From Racer X

Quote:
Adam Cianciarulo: Just hanging out right now, man, and trying to recover. Training is pretty hard right now. I’m trying to get four days of riding in every week. I rode Tuesday and Wednesday, and I’ll take today off and ride tomorrow and Saturday. Today I had a road bike ride, but it was raining. I did it in the rain so that was pretty gnarly. I’ve been pretty heavy on the gym stuff lately so I can get my shoulder stronger. That’s been difficult to say the least, but it’s worth it.
racerX:The shoulder: how is it?
Quote:
It’s good. I guess I’ll basically go back to the beginning here. Basically, when I did my shoulder in Geneva this time it wasn’t a matter of the same injury happening again. According to my doctors—and multiple doctors—if I would have landed with the same amount of pressure that I had on my other shoulder, the same thing would have happened. It’s not like it’s a case of chronic dislocation; it’s not just coming out because it’s weak. In Geneva I basically jumped off the track and right onto the concrete and right on my shoulder. It was just an unfortunate coincidence that it was the shoulder that I had done before. After Geneva I got this surgery called the latarjet repair [Ed. Note: anterior stabilization of the shoulder]. Basically, they take a piece of bone and they extend my socket to the point of where it’s weak and comes out all the time. In theory, once the bone hardens there the socket basically can’t come out anymore. It has a very, very high success rate. With that being said everything strength-wise and rehab-wise and range of motion and all that is on track. I got back on the bike at the beginning of last week. It feels really good. We’re still taking it slow. We don’t want to do anything crazy at this point. We just want to be cautious. We just want to strengthen it now and we’re ready to go.
Full interview:http://racerxonline.com/2015/04/06/i...am-cianciarulo

enduro0125 screwed with this post 04-28-2015 at 12:55 PM
enduro0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #6
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,928
What's the word on JS7???!!??

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:17 PM   #7
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
How long is his suspension? I thought he was still serving it.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:19 PM   #8
enduro0125 OP
Sticks and Stones™..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
Its official CP377 to ride a 450 Husky for outdoor nationals.

http://racerxonline.com/2015/04/27/i...cing-husqvarna
Interesting comments from David Vuillemin

Quote:
6- Pourcel to the Rockstar Husky team for 450MX--what do you think about this move?

Is that a move? Or one of the last branch left on the tree? I've talked a million times about Christophe Pourcel and I don't want to repeat myself. He's a great rider, one of the best riders I've ever seen since I have been in this sport. If you told me he was training with Aldon Baker or any other good trainer/coach in our industry and following their training program for the last 3-4 months, I would pick him to win the title. He's that good. Look at him last year. He was the fastest guy in terms of qualifying 10 out of 12 times with no preparation and fitness not good enough to race at Loretta Lynn's. If CP doesn't become an athlete he will not be a title contender anymore. If he becomes one, whatever bike he's racing, he will. It's as easy as that, people.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:20 PM   #9
enduro0125 OP
Sticks and Stones™..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbo View Post
How long is his suspension? I thought he was still serving it.
If he goes full term,I believe it will be August.

Rumor is he may be "paroled" for the opener.

*edit*

Final appeal has been denied
No JS7 until August

enduro0125 screwed with this post 04-29-2015 at 07:36 AM
enduro0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:15 AM   #10
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,616
No Bubba......

FIM Appeal Denied for Yoshimura Suzuki's James Stewart

Multi-Time Champion Now Looking to 2016 Return

CHINO, CA (April 28, 2015) – Yoshimura Suzuki learned Monday that the FIM appeal by James Stewart that might have allowed him to begin racing the upcoming 2015 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship has been denied. Instead the suspension will remain in place until August 11, 2015. Stewart says he will now focus on his return to competition.

As they have through the entire process, Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing will continue to support Stewart and look forward to his return to competition.

Yoshimura Suzuki team manager Mike Webb said the appeal process has been frustrating and costly. There were several delays requested by the FIM throughout the appeal process.

“It was an incredibly frustrating process and disappointing decision, but we’ll have James on board with the team for 2016 and beyond and we look forward to his return. We have a few warm-up events later this year and then we’ll be back in full force for the 2016 Supercross season.”

Even though it’s been a trying time, not only for the delays, but also for not knowing the outcome of his appeal, Stewart said at least he can now look forward to putting this behind him and is looking forward to racing again.

“It’s extremely disappointing that my appeal was denied,” Stewart said. “But I’m glad this is over and now I can turn my full attention back to preparing for the few events I’ll be competing in this year and coming back strong for 2016.

“I thank Yoshimura Suzuki, my sponsors and all the fans who have given me a ton of support through all of this. The one thing this time off has done is made me realize how much I miss racing, so it’s going to be a great day for me when I get to see that gate drop again.”

Stewart plans to defend his Red Bull Straight Rhythm title later this year and is also slated to contest the Monster Energy Cup in October.
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:20 AM   #11
enduro0125 OP
Sticks and Stones™..

And the FIM's take:
Quote:
In the dispute James Stewart, Jr. vs Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM), the FIM has been advised by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) that the Panel appointed to hear the appeal filed by Mr James Stewart, Jr. against the decision of the FIM International Disciplinary Court (CDI) in first instance of 12 December 2014 has confirmed the 16 (sixteen) month period of ineligibility imposed on Mr James Stewart, Jr., commencing on 12 April 2014.

The Hearing was held at the CAS headquarters in Lausanne (Switzerland) on 30 March 2015 in presence of the parties. The FIM was defended and represented by its Legal Director, Mr Richard Perret.

On 12 April 2014, Mr James Stewart, Jr. underwent an anti-doping test conducted by the FIM at the round of the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, held at the Century Link Field, Seattle, Washington. The urine sample obtained from Mr Stewart revealed the presence of a prohibited substance (amphetamine) listed in the category S6. Stimulant under a) Non-specified Stimulants and prohibited in competition under the FIM Anti-doping Code (CAD) in force. At the moment of the test, Mr Stewart was not in a possession of any Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) for that substance.

On 17 June 2014, in accordance with Article 7.6.1 CAD, the FIM provisionally suspended Mr Stewart with effect from 20 June pending the CDI’s decision adjudicating on the merits of the case. Mr Anand Sashidharan of India was appointed by the Director of the International Commission of Judges (CJI) as CDI Single Judge to hear the case. Mr Stewart was heard by the CDI during a Hearing near Mies (Switzerland) on 23 October 2014.

On the merits, the CAS Panel found, as did the CDI, that Mr Stewart had indisputably committed an anti-doping rule violation under the CAD. Considering all the circumstances and all the evidence adduced, having regard to Mr Stewart’s degree of fault, the CAS Panel came to the conclusion that the period of ineligibility of 16 (sixteen) months imposed by the CDI was a fair and appropriate sanction.

The CAS Panel, while noting that Mr James Stewart, Jr. “did not take any precautions whatsoever” to avoid the anti-doping rule violation, described the attitude of Mr James Stewart, Jr. towards the FIM Anti-doping Code (CAD) as being “one of reckless disregard”.

The CAS Panel stressed that the sanction imposed by the CDI Single Judge was determined “after a rigorous examination of all material before it” and that the CDI handed down a “closely reasoned decision”.

The CAS Panel has not recognised any inordinate delays in the proceedings whether in the first instance before the CDI or in second instance before the CAS.
The CAS Panel also upheld the FIM CDI’s decision with respect to the disqualifications imposed on Mr. Stewart. However, with respect to the disqualifications of Mr James Stewart, Jr from the four rounds of the 2014 national Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Series in which he participated while provisionally suspended, the CAS Panel held that, while these “stand”, they have effect only so far as the FIM has jurisdiction or as so far as other authorities recognise these disqualifications.

The period of ineligibility of 16 (sixteen) months imposed on Mr. James Stewart will end on 11 August 2015 at midnight.

The FIM will publish the CAS Award on its website in due time.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:38 PM   #12
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,700
"The CAS Panel, while noting that Mr James Stewart, Jr. “did not take any precautions whatsoever” to avoid the anti-doping rule violation, described the attitude of Mr James Stewart, Jr. towards the FIM Anti-doping Code (CAD) as being “one of reckless disregard”."

meaning, he was an arrogant SOB?
bikerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:29 PM   #13
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 20,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
"The CAS Panel, while noting that Mr James Stewart, Jr. “did not take any precautions whatsoever” to avoid the anti-doping rule violation, described the attitude of Mr James Stewart, Jr. towards the FIM Anti-doping Code (CAD) as being “one of reckless disregard”."

meaning, he was an arrogant SOB?

I'll bet the same happens to Millsaps.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:25 AM   #14
muskieken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
I'll bet the same happens to Millsaps.
JS7 was caught cheating,, wonder how long he was cheating, years maybe
Millsaps was not tested, so no hard evidence,, depends on how much his former team tells the investigators , will be interesting if Davie decides to use legal action to be paid, does the team spill the beans on why he was terminated. wonder if he finds an outdoor ride...
Old 05-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #15
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 20,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskieken View Post
JS7 was caught cheating,, wonder how long he was cheating, years maybe
Millsaps was not tested, so no hard evidence,, depends on how much his former team tells the investigators , will be interesting if Davie decides to use legal action to be paid, does the team spill the beans on why he was terminated. wonder if he finds an outdoor ride...

Seems that I read just being possession of banned drugs is enough to get bounced.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote