Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #1966
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZequeArgentina View Post
I do not know if this is the place to put this news.

Peterhansel go back to 2 wheels (in a Yamha, obviously) and finished 2nd in first round of the FIM world championship in Italian Baja!

Notonly his final position, but he was the only to figt for the light with italin Ruoso; and by doing that he was fastet than FIM regulars Botturi and Zanoti.

Impressive performance by Peterhansel!!!

See italianbaja.com for more details
I was there and can confirm Stephan is still fast as a devil, and moreover very clean and stylish. Anyway the young Italian Ruoso (a not very famous local cross rider) and the other Italian enduro racer Cominotto (who participated only in the Italian championship) were almost always the fastest, let's hope they can make in more of these events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJLtFXk3sKc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dYAC7piA8U

There were also Schlesser, Andrea Mayer (very fast she too!!) and Holowcc..... well the official Mini. And at last Nicola Dutto who opened the race in the same places when he broke his back a couple of years ago... just respect
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #1967
ZequeArgentina
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian View Post
I was there and can confirm Stephan is still fast as a devil, and moreover very clean and stylish. Anyway the young Italian Ruoso (a not very famous local cross rider) and the other Italian enduro racer Cominotto (who participated only in the Italian championship) were almost always the fastest, let's hope they can make in more of these events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJLtFXk3sKc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dYAC7piA8U

There were also Schlesser, Andrea Mayer (very fast she too!!) and Holowcc..... well the official Mini. And at last Nicola Dutto who opened the race in the same places when he broke his back a couple of years ago... just respect
Great you could watch him live!!!

Very interesting battle in cars also, with Hollowcyk adn Varela (in an Overdrive Hilux) battle at the second till last stage.
Differences were really at the minimum!

I also noted that quads were really fast, much closer to lead bikes than other rounds
ZequeArgentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #1968
ZequeArgentina
Gnarly Adventurer

Sorry, my mistake.
Peterhansel participation in Italian Baja.
It is not a FIM round of the world championship.
It is for the FIA cahmpionship, but not FIM.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #1969
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,610
It's official, the team is "Speedbrain Rally Team" and the bike is a "Speedbrain 450 Rally."

Quote:
SPEEDBRAIN SUCCESSFUL AT BAJA ITALY
Monday, 18 March 2013 13:30 | |
Speedbrain's team mechanic Mauro Sant used the chance to ride himself the Speedbrain 450 Rally bike at his home race, the three-day Baja Italy 2013 last weekend.

He finished a very pleasant 4th in the FIM Baja World Cup class, with a flawless bike performance and a total time of 3:41 hrs, only three minutes away from the podium and third-placed Alessandro Botturi.

Mauro Sant: "It was a lot of fun riding the Speedbrain 450 Rally myself, and I am surprised how easy this full desert race bike is to race even at a very technical Baja race against my competitors racing converted enduro bikes."

It was the first race after the recent ending of the BMW/Husqvarna collaboration for Team Speedbrain, and at the same time also the first time out for a new manufacturer and bike brand - SPEEDBRAIN!

The Speedbrain Rally bike, formerly known as "Husqvarna TE 449 RR", was developed and built by Speedbrain over the last two years, and the bikes and its technology will stay in the hands and property of the same team.

The next race for the "Speedbrain Rally Team" and the "Speedbrain 450 Rally", known and proven from its victory at the Pharaons Rally 2012 and four stage wins during the Dakar 2013, will be at round one of the Rally World Championship in Abu Dhabi.

From April 6th onwards, Speedbrain protagonists Joan Barreda and Paulo Goncalves will aim to achieve the first points in the riders´ world championship 2013, and are extra motivated to collect the first points in the FIM Manufacturer World Championship for a new, but well known manufacturer and bike: SPEEDBRAIN.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #1970
Gian
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
It's official, the team is "Speedbrain Rally Team" and the bike is a "Speedbrain 450 Rally."
So they will still use the Bmw or Husqvarna engine? I was at the Italian Baja but saw the bike only passing very fast (Mauro Sant was not only Richard Sainct mechanic but is definitely a fast rider too himself) and it just looked the usual Speedbrain... no chance to take a close shot

I wish them all the best!!

Gian screwed with this post 03-18-2013 at 10:54 AM
Old 03-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #1971
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast

Oddometer: 2,191
It would be interesting to be Speedbrain through all of this. I wonder how early they knew this would be a possibility, if they were making alternative plans for when their contract with BMW eventually ended, or if they thought/hoped it would be a long-term arrangement with BMW and had no strategy waiting on the shelf to do things alone.

Suddenly (or not so suddenly, depending) they find themselves in a potentially precarious position having lost their relationship with a manufacturer, but having significant experience, expertise, and products. It would have been a waste to fold, but how huge is it to decide to make your own brand of bike!?

(re-read to make sure I stayed at an appropriate level of abstraction so as to make a novice reader assume I know what I'm talking about . . . it's close enough.)
Death Valley Ride
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #1972
Gian
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZequeArgentina View Post
Sorry, my mistake.
Peterhansel participation in Italian Baja.
It is not a FIM round of the world championship.
It is for the FIA cahmpionship, but not FIM.
why? For sure IS also FIM Worl Cup!
http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/baj...italyitalie-3/
(page still not updated with the results)

another little clip of Peter-speedy-Hansel

http://youtu.be/emMdRzTbcC4
Old 03-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #1973
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,610
Quote:
So they will still use the Bmw or Husqvarna engine?
They will continue with the same motor, the BMW sourced, Kymco manufactured 450. Speculation is that they will continue through this year and Dakar 2014 before actively looking for a manufacturer link up.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #1974
ZequeArgentina
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
why? For sure IS also FIM Worl Cup!
http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/baj...italyitalie-3/
(page still not updated with the results)

another little clip of Peter-speedy-Hansel

http://youtu.be/emMdRzTbcC4
It is not of the FIM Rally Raid World Championship calendar.
Please see here: http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/cro...allies/events/

I got confused because Italian Baja mentiones FIM classification .

And in fact it is a FIM Baja event, so finally it is part of FIM world Championship, but not the usuall more important and more followed one which is Rally Raid, but the Baja one.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #1975
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,584
No spy pics yet of the new ktm 450 rally ? I'd have thought with the testing in Tunisia last week we'd be seeing something by now...

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #1976
Gian
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
No spy pics yet of the new ktm 450 rally ? I'd have thought with the testing in Tunisia last week we'd be seeing something by now...

My friend who was down there told me they saw it and even had a meal together with Coma but taking photos was not possible. The bike didn't look much different at a first sight...
Old 03-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #1977
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,166
Quote:
My friend who was down there told me they saw it and even had a meal together with Coma but taking photos was not possible. The bike didn't look much different at a first sight...
I'm sure that was just a smokescreen - they probably had a couple of 450RRs in the back of a van to divert attention away from the real new bike...

I was going through my photos and I think I might have snapped it - look at this line up - the rider is wearing mirror goggles so you can't see their face, and the bike doesn't have a race number on it:

I reckon they slid the new bike into the line-up for the final stage of the Tuareg Rally to test it in true racing conditions... possibly.

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:26 AM   #1978
Gian
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo (& piglet) View Post
i'm sure that was just a smokescreen - they probably had a couple of 450rrs in the back of a van to divert attention away from the real new bike...

I was going through my photos and i think i might have snapped it - look at this line up - the rider is wearing mirror goggles so you can't see their face, and the bike doesn't have a race number on it:

I reckon they slid the new bike into the line-up for the final stage of the tuareg rally to test it in true racing conditions... Possibly.

Jx

Old 03-19-2013, 03:50 AM   #1979
auguzt
4ever n00b

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post

I reckon they slid the new bike into the line-up for the final stage of the Tuareg Rally to test it in true racing conditions... possibly.

Jx
So, the new 450RR will have a 2STROKESENGINE?! How fast that thing could be?!
Lowered center mass, slim tanks, lighter wheels... Damn, those austrian engineers really are geniuses...
Old 03-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #1980
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,474
News fit to report?

Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote