Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #76
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,025
Follow Aprilias lead???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallye
KTM cannot afford to get out of rallying and i think the new 450 KTM rallye bike might have LC8 printed somewhere on it !!! -500cc. my thoughts..
That would be an interesting alternative... though perhaps it would not be as easy as just putting two 225cc barrells on the current LC8 unit... would it??? (I'm not saying that is what you meant Rob). I mean the 950 motor/gearbox etc. was designed, built and dimensioned on a "one liter" configuration... I doubt that two small 250cc-ish pots would be capable of making the big hamster wheel turn sufficiently... eh?

But maybe if they developed a whole new configuration baby LC8 engine... something more along the Aprilia lines...? KTM do have a great deal of "twin" experience from the LC8 project... it's not impossible... but in the current economic situation that KTM (and everyone else) find themselves in... is it likely? Or have KTM been down down that Dakar race/development bridge before (with the LC8 rallye and 690 RR) only to have it burned behind them... because they were too successful? It might be a hard sell to the bean counters at mattighoffen with that facit in hand.

"The Bivouac" speculation continues...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #77
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,281
Maybe next year they will do some sort of finish on the Beach ala the rose lake ????? I was let down by the last couple yrs finishes.. uneventfull for the racers... infact it should be done on both oceans, it would be a nice touch to bathe in both the pacific at the rest day and the Atlantic ... thats how I remember the end of the dakar everyone lines up and hits the beach...

I'll bet KTM just outfits the 450exc with rally components and have already started.
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #78
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf
I'll bet KTM just outfits the 450exc with rally components and have already started.

I hope so... maybe they'll make some advances in longevity that can be passed along to consumers... oil coolers, fairings, tanks, etc.

I like the idea of finishing on the beach.

I like the idea of Dakar going back to Africa better.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #79
gagnaou
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,321
For you guys that are going through withdrawal, I have bumped accross some footage of this year Dakar that I had never seen, just thought that I would share: http://www.rtbf.be/sport/sport-moteu...kar-0301-61514

They speak french though

501 FE Husaberg
1190 KTM adventure R
gagnaou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #80
Osnabrock
Ditch GPS

Oddometer: 236
Privateers

With all this talk of the factory riders and their possible changes of loyalties, I'm curious how the high ranking privateers might be set to benefit from possibly being offered some more support from those companies waiting in the wings. Pal Anders
He's put in a lot of time on that bike and now what's he gonna do?
Osnabrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #81
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,063
FYI -2010 Dakar Husky Info (from Cafe Husky) This is Claudio aka Burro's bike:

Hi to all, my name is Alvaro Bistolfi and i´m the chief in the developed of the 2010 Husqvarna Dakar motorcycle race.
Sorry for my English, I try to do my best.

The motorcycle is a 2009 TE450 with electronic inyection, standard the engine, the chassis and the suspensions (litle modification in the spring). The motorcycle was developed in only 25 days and it work really perfect. This race is a crazy adevnture for the reliability of any motorcycle in the world, 9.000 kilometers rides in the most harder conditions.

This is the first Husqvarna with electronic inyection developed for this type of race. We choose the e.i. for the performance and really for a technical challenge. The throtle body is standard but we need put a external Walbro bomb, external fuel filter and external pres regulator. The capacity for the tank is only 28 liters with a rear 5 extra liters. We dont use the rear because the 28 liter is more than suficient (cause of the best use of the fuel).

We work really hard in the temperature control. The body of the motorcycle is made for optimise the air flow. The motorcycle have two electric fan, special hose and presurise to 1.8 bar. In all the race the temperature didn´t rise over the 110 C degrees.
The exhaust system is made completly by us, pass for the right side and behind the carter.

All the pieces for the instrumentation are hand made. Many other pieces dificult to resume (attached some pictures). All the "plastic" in carbon fiber kevlar composite. Same for the special seat.

The kit complete prove in the Dakar with extremly best result will be abailable in the next month.

The problem present in the 12 day is a shorcircuit and overheating in the battery only for bad quality.

Thank to all for the passion in the Husqvarna brand.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #82
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

didja hear that Mr Harden??

so Im wonderin on contracts for the the big two.. does it go from december to december?? They need a couple weeks on a new bike right?? also jumping to new bikes and no 450cc regulation at other rallyes might be tough for Bmw.
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
Old 01-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #83
PackMule OP
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,459
Supposedly Jonah is going to race the Sandblast stage rally in SC next weekend...

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #84
PackMule OP
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,459
(already posted to the coverage thread, but trying to migrate the discussion over here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetid_swamp
five great (short) vid interviews from the event posted on annie seel's blog site
checkit sup

http://anniedakar.wordpress.com/

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #85
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

did Annie's dad use to race ??? I belive I have seen the name somwhere..
Old 01-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #86
todd5774
Hillbilly

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig
FYI -2010 Dakar Husky Info (from Cafe Husky) This is Claudio aka Burro's bike:

The kit complete prove in the Dakar with extremly best result will be abailable in the next month.

Ohhh, might have to buy myself a husky if they are going to make the kit available to buy!
todd5774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:47 PM   #87
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd5774
Ohhh, might have to buy myself a husky if they are going to make the kit available to buy!
Yeah, I'd wait until you see the price of that kit first... x
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #88
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

it seems they used a 28ltr acerbis tank with a different faring but a 640 adventure tank and faring and seat, would work and would be cheap...relativly
Old 01-29-2010, 06:43 AM   #89
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf
did Annie's dad use to race ??? I belive I have seen the name somwhere..
If you followed World Supermoto you saw Eddy Seel, but I don't think they are related.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #90
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,063
To top it off the Husky made it on ONE ENGINE!

They had a spare but did not need it.