Originally Posted by tehdutchie View Post
im in love! with a truck... weird...
De Rooy at 00:22

They sure have the knowledge after the mighty DAF Turbotwin
Old 10-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #1067
ArthDuro
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,985
in order not to pollute the thread with about a million amazing truck clips I have in mind
yes we all love those damn big trucks
especially when they are spinning wheels and howling the turbos....

here is something I came across the other day while looking for Truck Trial videos of all things.

I remember there being a lot of talk about Kawis in dakar so here is one that is supposed to be there next year.
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #1068
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,364

320mm front brake hose oversized with metal metal hose rear, front brake master cylinder supermotard Beringer.
fuel tanks with a capacity of 30 liters (16 +14)
relocated the air filter under the seat for better acceptance and less dust entry.
Foaming different seat.
Custom suspensions. Ohlins ttx Kit.
Pro taper handlebars, foam grips, handles ASV unbreakable, road book, trip, thermometer ...
Steering Damper
Escape Akrapovic titanium collector.
Carburetion specific.
Rekluse clutch
larger capacity radiator, silicone hoses, radiator covers.
Chainguide and swingarm skid Desingworks Teflon
LED lighting.

The way to build the bike

site
more pictures

facebook Un Aragonés en el Dakar 2012
Myway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #1069
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 5,023
you mean like these?

Yoshi Sugawara's factory Hino at the Hino factory in Tokyo

Teru Sugawara's factory Hino, fall before the 2009 Dakar, Tokyo

there he is again in Mongolia
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:36 AM   #1070
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post
Rekluse clutch
Very cool bike, not a lot of Kawi's in the Dakar. Nice to see some variety in brands.

I had wondered if anybody tried a rekluse on a rally bike. I have one in my WR250F and it is awesome in the nasty rocky single track trails but another great advantage is at higher rpm it is supposed to put a lot more pressure on the clutch disks meaning less slippage and longer clutch life. Also would be helpful if the clutch lever or cable broke. I am curious how common this is in long distance rally. Anybody know if others have tried this?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #1071
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,176
Please excuse the thinly veiled advertisement (at least there are some nice photos attached x), but I wanted to let everyone know the mighty Tenere is now officially looking for a new owner:

http://www.touratech.co.uk/forsale_j...aha_xt660z.htm

It's not a decision I have really wanted to make, but if I am ever to get back to The Dakar (in 2013), then I have to let her go...

The bike is available to view in Touratech UK, and should anyone from outside of the UK wish to purchase, I'm sure they can make the necessary shipping arrangements.

All the info and background is on the website link above, but if you have any specific questions, do ask away here...

The way the bike is currently set up it would make an excellent overland adventure bike, or a serious contender for the UK Big-Bike Challenge. I have also refitted the rally navigation brackets, so it would be very easy to attach a roadbook and IMO, and enter any open-class rally.

The Power commander and DNA filter/open airbox is currently not fitted, as I have to admit it does make the bike more juicy in the region of 10-15%, so for everyday riding you probably wouldn't want that. However, should you simply be unable to do without that extra 5bhp or so, plus the additional grunt of the custom fueling map, then refitting takes approximately an hour to unleash the full potential of the beast!

I hope someone has as much fun on her as I did...

Good times:

refurbished and repainted:

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:55 AM   #1072
vander
full-time dreamer

Oddometer: 914
Laia Sanz has broken their contract with Montesa/Honda HRC and signed with GasGas for the trials worlds. For Dakar they seem to be preparing a Yamaha powered GasGas.

No idea what will Arcarons do.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #1073
SafariBerg
Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer: 2,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42 View Post

I had wondered if anybody tried a rekluse on a rally bike. I have one in my WR250F and it is awesome in the nasty rocky single track trails but another great advantage is at higher rpm it is supposed to put a lot more pressure on the clutch disks meaning less slippage and longer clutch life. Also would be helpful if the clutch lever or cable broke. I am curious how common this is in long distance rally. Anybody know if others have tried this?
I ran a EXP 2 Rekluse in my 2012 Husaberg FE570 for this years Safari rally, was great for the first 2 days then went out of adjustment day 3 so swapped it out for the stock clutch..............this is the 3rd time that has happend for me, they dont like the long distance with few shifts it seems..................fantastic for single track and technical stuff......................but for rallye..........maybe not
Old 10-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #1074
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,608

The first edition of the Dakar Challenge, organised on the recent Pharaons Rally, was won by Edouard Boulanger. At the age of 32 years, he has grabbed the opportunity to take part for free in his first Dakar.

By entering the Pharaons Rally, Edouard Boulanger was preparing to close the door on a period of his life, a period he spent in the world of rally-raids, to be precise. However, the years spent preparing routes in this discipline proved to be particularly profitable when he climbed on to his Aprilia bike. On completion of the first special, the French ex-pat living in Italy was already in the lead of the Dakar Challenge, a competition reserved for amateurs, with the reward for the winner of a place on the Dakar. “I've always been in good shape, but I never imagined that I could win, because I don't ride that much. I don't even have a bike at home,” exclaims Edouard, who nonetheless was still able to rely on some not inconsiderable assets. Several times junior French and world champion in rowing in his youth, this enthusiast of endurance events of all types is especially skilled in navigation: “It's true that reading a road-book doesn't hold any secrets for me and it's one of my major strong points. It helps me plough my own furrow without worrying about the others, which makes it a lot less stressful and allows me to concentrate fully on riding. What's more, I'm careful to ride at 80% of my capacity, to make sure I always have something in reserve”.

This method worked perfectly, because in the end Edouard finished 5th on the Pharaons Rally, easily winning the Dakar Challenge. “Following a first attempt in 2005, it's the first time I've finished a rally and, lo and behold, I've managed to pick up my first victory!” says the rider who also won the “twin-cylinders” category. Despite the potential he displayed in Egypt, he is not letting himself get carried away with setting goals for the forthcoming Dakar: “For me, the main thing is that one of my childhood dreams is going to come true: I've been dreaming about the Dakar for 25 years! So it would be absurd to put the pressure of a grabbing a high-placed finish on my shoulders”.

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #1075
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Thumb Edouard Boulanger

Cool!!!

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #1076
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 1,008
Met Edouard at the Erzberg a couple of years ago, a nice guy and good enough to start for the Hare Scramble. Many compliments, really

About Dakar, I read today that enduro riders Johnny Aubert and Alessandro Botturi are IN !
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #1077
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,738
Sam Sunderland confirmed to ride with Honda Europe (Henk Hellegers team) in the Dakar... Has he left the KTM/Husaberg family for now?
Old 10-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #1078
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,677
Quote:
Sam Sunderland confirmed to ride with Honda Europe (Henk Hellegers team) in the Dakar... Has he left the KTM/Husaberg family for now?
I think it came down to "Honda had a contract, KTM had talk". The contract won the day. Similar to the reason he was on a Berg at the Safari instead of KTM - one required money, the other had money. Money talks - especially for a young bloke like Sam trying to break into the Rally scene. He's a good kid and will do well.
KTM 530 EXC-R (R for Rally, right!!) ... or Retired or Redundant
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #1079
SafariBerg
Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer: 2,933
Quote:
No, Sam has a deal with Honda EU to ride Dakar 2012 only on a Honda alongside Quinn Cody. He is currently in Morocco testing the Honda and training.

He is still contracted with KTM Dubai as an in-house racer for 2012.

He / we are planning for him to come again for Safari 2012 and race a Berg FE570 again, again this will be a one-off deal just for Safari
Old 10-19-2011, 02:22 AM   #1080
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg View Post
No, Sam has a deal with Honda EU to ride Dakar 2012 only on a Honda alongside Quinn Cody. He is currently in Morocco testing the Honda and training.

He is still contracted with KTM Dubai as an in-house racer for 2012.

He / we are planning for him to come again for Safari 2012 and race a Berg FE570 again, again this will be a one-off deal just for Safari
Good job!! Nice to hear there is some money about for a fast young rider!!

Now all we need is to get Manuel L some funds for is Dakar campaign!