Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
ntm1973 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Offroad Protective Gear for Women

I need to find a few items for my wife.

I'm looking for a quality pair of off road motorcycle boots, a ballistic body armor jersey (ala: fox or acerbis roost deflector style) and knee braces.

Do they make anything Sidi Crossfire or Gaerne SG10 quality in women's boots? Has anyone tried going a youth size route? I'd like to find something with a hinged ankle if possible.

Her foot is a size 8.5 woman's.

Do any of the chest protectors accommodate women's chest/boobs?

I feel bad for the ladies out there that want to get into this sport, there are not many options.

Thanks for any replies
ntm1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #2
psycleboy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
I got my wife a pair of alpinestars stella boots, really nice compared to the kid's boots she had been wearing (larger calf opening too). There are companies out there making women - specific gear out there, we tried the youth stuff at first (she's 4'11) but women seem to be shaped differently than say a 12 yr old boy. I seem to remember a thread here about ladie's gear some time ago, try a search there's quite a few threads.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ht=womens+gear

psycleboy screwed with this post 11-02-2014 at 10:23 AM Reason: link
psycleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
motif
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
try this set up, very cool looking pair.

motif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:19 AM   #4
Bee177
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hi!

I'm sorry I can't really help, except to suggest the SIDI Stinger boots which I'm currently drooling over. They do sz 31 to 42

Actually I was hoping someone might know how to do the sizing conversion because I'm pretty set on them. I'm in Aus and I haven't found anywhere that stocks that style here. So I have to go online...
I'm a womens US 6 Eu37 in regular shoes, the guy from the online store recommended me a 38. How do the Sidi's usually run? I wasn't sure if 'youth' EU is different to other EU sizing.
Any personal recommendations on sizing?

they look like such mad storm trooper boots...so in love

Thanks for your help
Bee177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:41 AM   #5
390beretta
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,216
Take a look at Bohnarmor.com. Might solve a lot of her problems. I'm gonna order the pants. Nice thing is they can be worn under jeans.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:41 AM   #6
zeeede
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntm1973 View Post
I need to find a few items for my wife.

I'm looking for a quality pair of off road motorcycle boots, a ballistic body armor jersey (ala: fox or acerbis roost deflector style) and knee braces.

Do they make anything Sidi Crossfire or Gaerne SG10 quality in women's boots? Has anyone tried going a youth size route? I'd like to find something with a hinged ankle if possible.

Her foot is a size 8.5 woman's.

Do any of the chest protectors accommodate women's chest/boobs?

I feel bad for the ladies out there that want to get into this sport, there are not many options.

Thanks for any replies
Chest protectors are tough. Depending on how hard you ride off-road, consider the "soft armor" style of Leatt 3DF Body Protector or the Forcefield Pro shirt. My wife wears the Forcefield Pro shirt with a cheapie jersey over it when riding off road. She finds it much more comfortable over the chest as compared to the hard armor. It's held up fine in a few low-speed tip-overs. No hard crashes for her though.

As far has boots, grab the euro size off her favorite couple of pairs of shoes. My wife is a women's size 9 and wears right around a euro size 40. Plenty of boots go down to a euro size 39, at least.

Knee braces, just get what fits. I don't see any reason why those have to be gender specific.
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:53 PM   #7
plutonic
Outsider

Oddometer: 4,093
Dainese will come out with women specific safety jacket in March. It will be based in on this one: http://www.dainese.com/eu_en/manis-jacket-55-41015.html
My girl tried on the women specific chest protector piece from Dainese and she liked it. She's on a waiting list to get the whole jacket which will have the women's chest protector integrated.
Revzilla probably has more info about this jacket.

"You are born. And you die. And if you are very lucky in between you get to ride motorcycles."

plutonic screwed with this post 02-03-2015 at 10:58 PM
plutonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:17 AM   #8
Crazmama
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I am going absolutely NUTZ!!! I need a real roost reflector for someone weighing 115 and is large on top. Must be tough to protect some hard falls. Any suggestions? Tried Bionic-Leat- not yet tried the Acrebis, as I have not seen a woman or talked to a woman that has worn or tried it. Also, just a side remark, women's off road gear has got to be in the most ridiculous colors imaginable.
Crazmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:12 AM   #9
FamilyRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
You might try the Alpinestar Stella Bionic 2 body armor. I have read good reviews from women, but it didn't fit my thin daughter very well. My daughter ended up trying on a bunch of dual sport jackets with built in armor until she found one that fit.

http://www.alpinestars.com/stella-bi...1#.VVCqR5M6iiw
Old 05-12-2015, 08:24 AM   #10
Crazmama
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyRider View Post
You might try the Alpinestar Stella Bionic 2 body armor. I have read good reviews from women, but it didn't fit my thin daughter very well. My daughter ended up trying on a bunch of dual sport jackets with built in armor until she found one that fit.

http://www.alpinestars.com/stella-bi...1#.VVCqR5M6iiw

Thank you! Will look into this. I have 2 great jackets, but no matter how "vented" they say they are, they are not breathable enough for extremely slow technical terrain in 80+ weather. Hoping one of the MX stores has one nearby, as I am getting sick of returning things!
Crazmama is offline   Reply With Quote