User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
mightys4 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Sena vs UClear?

I'm in the market for a set of Bluetooth communicators. I'd like to be able to listen to music, but mostly for communicating with my pillion.

Has anyone had a chance to try both units?

I really like the boomless design of the UClear, but I like the solid reputation of Sena as well. I see some info here and there on UClear, but nothing as widespread as Sena, just wondering if there are more UClear folks out there.

I think others would be interested as well... Thanks for any insight!
mightys4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
Questor
More Undestructable

Oddometer: 3,870
The Uclear technology is VERY impressive.
However most systems with booms are very small and work pretty well.
I just got the new Scala QZ and have had conversations at 70 mph and 7K RPMs and they thought I was using a regular blue took headset.

Overall the technology has advanced tremendously in the past six years when I got my first Cardo G2.

Q~
Questor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
Performance Cycle
303-744-2011

Oddometer: 93
The Uclear HBC200 works fantastic in most situations. I have experienced that at really fast highway speeds, you do seem to get some wind noise, and the music quality can be a bit flat, but overall I am happy with mine (I use on my bike and while snowboarding). The huge benefit of course is the boomless feature which works great in an open face helmet. In a fullface it doesn't seem to matter. The Sena SMH10 universal definitely gets the best reviews for a couple reasons; it has the best music quality, easiest controls, and its the only unit that can communicate with other brands. Overall, unless you have an open face helmet I would just use the Sena.
Performance Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
nscmj3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Returned my Uclear. Unimpressed. Sounded flat and tinny, with a hissing background.
nscmj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #5
dvmweb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Just bought a sena unit. I like it overall. Only con so far is the headphones are eq'd for speech. There are no bass frquencies. Easy to link up with blue tooth. Very clear mic and speakers.
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #6
klinquist
übergeek

Oddometer: 816
For me, what it comes down to is compatibility.

Take a look at the forthcoming (May) Sena 20S. Based on specs, it'll be hard to beat. Based on Sena's reputation for products and support, I'll trust the specs.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:44 AM   #7
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
I've been using Sena since they first came out in the US (2008, I think it was?) Been very happy with their headsets and their customer service. If you're considering a purchase, make sure you check out the vendor thread for Rocketmoto's group buy in the Vendors forum here for a great discount (no affiliation).
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #8
mightys4 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Thank you all for your thoughts and experiences, I really think I'm just going Sena, just seems like a solid product with good support that is listening to their users.

ADV is a great resource, love reading here.

mightys4
mightys4 is offline   Reply With Quote