Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #181
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtadlock View Post

I love the way they look on my bike, and they seem super stout compared to stock. The mirrors are perfect IMO. The bike hasn't taken a nap yet with them on, but I'm sure that'll come.

Anyway, just wanted to ask you guys what you though about how I routed my lines. Two questions:

1. I rolled my clutch lever forward a bit because I like my levers rolled forward (you can see in the first picture). Then it occurred to me that maybe I shouldn't have my reservoir at that angle. Anyone see a problem with the way I have it? Seems fine to me, but what do I know....

2. I routed my lines under the guards, and they are touching a tad on both sides. I put the rubber collecting ring in the place of contact, but what say ye on the vibrations, and future issues? Should I find a way where they lines don't touch at all? Thanks in advance for any advice.
But does he have KTM orange plastic shields?? I did not see them on the web site.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #182
rtadlock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood_55 View Post
But does he have KTM orange plastic shields?? I did not see them on the web site.
I don't know, but he sure in the hell has KTM white....

Seriously though, just shoot him an email @ degarate@highwaydirtbikes.com or PM him: theantipaul . I don't think/know if he does other colors, but he'll get back to you with an answer in no time .
Old 07-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #183
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss

Oddometer: 4,398
rtadlock:
I ran my 950 cables the same way. I did put a 3/8" spacer between the inboard end of the guard bar and the top clamp mount (couldn't bend the guard bar enough) and as it turned out, the cables don't hit at all.

"I love the way they look on my bike, and they seem super stout compared to stock. The mirrors are perfect IMO. The bike hasn't taken a nap yet with them on, but I'm sure that'll come.

Anyway, just wanted to ask you guys what you though about how I routed my lines. Two questions:

1. I rolled my clutch lever forward a bit because I like my levers rolled forward (you can see in the first picture). Then it occurred to me that maybe I shouldn't have my reservoir at that angle. Anyone see a problem with the way I have it? Seems fine to me, but what do I know....

2. I routed my lines under the guards, and they are touching a tad on both sides. I put the rubber collecting ring in the place of contact, but what say ye on the vibrations, and future issues? Should I find a way where they lines don't touch at all? Thanks in advance for any advice. "

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #184
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,746
To rub or not to rub...

~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6USMC6 View Post
rtadlock:

...Anyway, just wanted to ask you guys what you though about how I routed my lines. Two questions:

2. I routed my lines under the guards, and they are touching a tad on both sides. I put the rubber collecting ring in the place of contact, but what say ye on the vibrations, and future issues? Should I find a way where they lines don't touch at all? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Just my humble opinions based on my experiences over the years...

1.) You're not going to have any trouble with the reservoir at that angle. They can stand to be at pretty severe angles as long as they are properly filled and as long as you can get them back to a position near level when you need to refill them.

2.) You don't want any firm contact between a hydraulic line and a hard object if either flexes against the other. Sooner or later that's a recipe for the line becoming worn, perhaps leading to leaks. It, also a recipe for a line to get severely damaged if it gets suddenly jerked or drawn taut in a crash. IMHO you want at least some free play in the line and no edges for the line to get drawn across. Even a branch can grab a hydraulic line so the more freely it can move the better.

Again, just my personal thoughts... YMMV.

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #185
rtadlock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
~

Just my humble opinions based on my experiences over the years...

1.) You're not going to have any trouble with the reservoir at that angle. They can stand to be at pretty severe angles as long as they are properly filled and as long as you can get them back to a position near level when you need to refill them.

2.) You don't want any firm contact between a hydraulic line and a hard object if either flexes against the other. Sooner or later that's a recipe for the line becoming worn, perhaps leading to leaks. It, also a recipe for a line to get severely damaged if it gets suddenly jerked or drawn taut in a crash. IMHO you want at least some free play in the line and no edges for the line to get drawn across. Even a branch can grab a hydraulic line so the more freely it can move the better.

Again, just my personal thoughts... YMMV.

Dallara

~
Thanks for the info. I'm still toying with the lines a tad bit, and at this point, I have no hard contact, but I'm not totally sure I like where they're sitting.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #186
ADV8
Taumarunui..Darwin..

Oddometer: 2,112
I got my package from HDB's and was thinking the same thing.

http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-mot...am-b-367u.html

This might be old news...
The link is saying the ball comes with a 8 mm bolt but looks to be a cap screw.
The thread on the side of the HDB top clamp is M8 / 1.25 pitch (same as the bolts that fix the clamp to the bar risers) which suggests the RAM ball could have a shorter cap screw fitted and it would mount to the side of the HDB clamp.
I am just going to order one and see......

I would have to say the quality and service from Paul was top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthe View Post
Can a Ram Mount Ball be installed in this threaded hole? I want to mount my GPS off of it. I don't want to mount the ball to the top of the clamp like I have seen else where. Thanks.

ADV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #187
ADV8
Taumarunui..Darwin..

Oddometer: 2,112
Parts arrived all good.
All it needs is a M8 / 1.25 pitch cap screw around 40 mm long and a flat washer between the clamp and Ram ball so it does not dig into the clamp.

ADV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #188
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,017
...been following this farjkle for some time.
Clearance and fitment-wise, has anyone addressed using the HDB set up with a steering stabilizer?

Rapid Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #189
freetors
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
Wish they would sell some larger plastic deflectors for cold weather. Otherwise I have no complaints with mine.
freetors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #190
Stovebolt
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer: 460
Hi Rapid Dog,

I have a GPRv4 under-bar mounted on my 2010 KTM 450 XC-W Six Days. Great setup for me, bolt-on installation. Sano. pics in my build thread over on the Ride Dual Sport forums:

http://ridedualsport.com/forum/index.php?topic=1086.0

I'm using everything Paul makes, it seems like - and I really like all the equipment. Computer protection, turn signals, of course the handguards - the whole works.

All the best,

Stovey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
Clearance and fitment-wise, has anyone addressed using the HDB set up with a steering stabilizer?
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-jankowsky/86/31/b04
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #191
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,311
Quote:

Yes, Paul sent me KTM orange and black both with my order.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #192
hamiamham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
i have a 2006 f650gs / anyone installed the hdb guards on this bike? I cant quite get it right. the existing bar-end weights are a little too long.
hamiamham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #193
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,082
Quote:
Yes, Paul sent me KTM orange and black both with my order.
I love my HDB setup, but I wish more colors would become available.

Like Husaberg blue or yellow.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #194
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
I have these guards on all of my bikes and they all have steering stabilizers. Fitment is not a problem. However, you should check with Paul for proper sizing of the top clamp since Emig top clamps, in particular, have a different size bolt pattern than Scotts. Great stuff! You won't be disappointed!
unaweep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #195
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,176
udpate

I finally got around to installing the HDB parts.

I've got to tell you all, these parts are Da Bomb!

Here are some pics of the items installed.

SteveO screwed with this post 09-09-2012 at 03:50 PM
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote