Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #196
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,638
Can anybody tell me where to order the risers shown below?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvwalker View Post
Very satisfield customer with Paul and HDB, A+ service and quality product.

To finish off project cockpit update, still need to add velcro safety strap and leash for the gps and spot.

GPS wired unswitched (aka always hot) using eastern beaver 3 circuit solution and 4 pin cable.

Purchased taller bottom clamp and KX high bar bend for total rise approx 1 1/2" above stock.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #197
dulinor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
...been following this farjkle for some time.
Clearance and fitment-wise, has anyone addressed using the HDB set up with a steering stabilizer?
Yeah I had an existing HDB setup and added a stabilizer over the winter on my WR. I had to remove my Powerlet port (gonna try a low-profile) but otherwise no issues (used the risers that came with the stabilizer)

dulinor screwed with this post 03-21-2012 at 01:43 PM
dulinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #198
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Can anybody tell me where to order the risers shown below?
I believe those are from HDB:

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_...ef=LowClp_Tall

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #199
gouralnik
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Absolute excellence in customer service.

May I just pay my deepest respect to Paul and his team from HDB - the best customer service / advise I have ever experienced.

First of all Paul went through all of my painful questions with regards to fitment - it might take him a few days to answer, but the answer he provides is 100% spot on. It's all about the content - QUALITY of the Email, not about the time it takes to reply to an Email in my opinion.

I received his bar risers, his clamp and handguards + mirrors. As you can imagine the quality is superb. All fit with no hassle as described by Paul in his Email. 3 days after fitting a jerk parking his ugly tin can tipped my bike over and the handguard was scratched quite badly. No other damage. I wrote Paul an Email and asked him whether I should powder-coat or not, seeking advice. Instead he sent me straight away a replacement guard...

THAT is just astonishing. This is A+, 110% - call it what you want, but this tops everything I have ever experienced with regards to motorcycle parts suppliers. Hats off mate. Honestly.
gouralnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:32 AM   #200
Stovebolt
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer: 459
This has been my experience with Paul as well.... Top Shelf!

Glad your bike didn't get more trashed from the idiot parking their bike-crushing cage.

All the best,

Stovey
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-jankowsky/86/31/b04
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #201
dvwalker
Working to ride

Oddometer: 727
It's taken a bit of back and forth to get this scotts sub-mount and dashboard kit right, but need to echo again how I really really appreciate great service and top quality products. Life long customer...

The computer and indicators in pic below are KTM EXC OE. My question is what is the recommended way to attach the KTM computer to the billet? This is probably obvious to everyone but me and my thick head. The plastic fingers you see (w/coarse threads) are molded into the computer casing. Seems like the only other dashboard pics I've seen on the net have aftermarket computers like the Vector or Striker, which has a different way of attaching. Suppose I can build a little custom bracket, but wondering if others have done something different.

dvwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #202
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvwalker View Post
It's taken a bit of back and forth to get this scotts sub-mount and dashboard kit right, but need to echo again how I really really appreciate great service and top quality products. Life long customer...

The computer and indicators in pic below are KTM EXC OE. My question is what is the recommended way to attach the KTM computer to the billet? This is probably obvious to everyone but me and my thick head. The plastic fingers you see (w/coarse threads) are molded into the computer casing. Seems like the only other dashboard pics I've seen on the net have aftermarket computers like the Vector or Striker, which has a different way of attaching. Suppose I can build a little custom bracket, but wondering if others have done something different.

That's how I set-up mine. Pull the rubber grommets out of the stock computer housing and attach them to the holes on the bottom of the HDB computer guard. They will take up some slack on the plastic drop outs and snug to the bottom with the stock screws you removed.

I put a little RTV around the indicator lights to keep them secure. It'a a solid set-up. Mounting the computer as you and I did takes some stress off the brake and speedo cables.

This system makes the whole triple clamp/bar mount system SO much sturdier. I've ruined Emigs Stabilizers by knocking the top triple clamp out of shape. They'll just disintegrate. This is the strongest, best-thought-out way of preventing that and keeping your fork tubes straight. I can't fathom ever going back to Cycra or the rest.
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #203
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
Has anyone put these on an F800 GS?

And has anyone figured if you can have the low profile power outlets with a SCOTTS damper?

I have Barkbuster right now and they are slightly hitting my fairing, Mirage 2 from B.C., how much farther out do the HDB handguards stick out?

AND! anyone interested in another group buy?

Or does Paul feel like giving us ADVer another 5% off for the month of May?.....
Old 04-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #204
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casejeep View Post
Has anyone put these on an F800 GS?

And has anyone figured if you can have the low profile power outlets with a SCOTTS damper?

I have Barkbuster right now and they are slightly hitting my fairing, Mirage 2 from B.C., how much farther out do the HDB handguards stick out?

AND! anyone interested in another group buy?

Or does Paul feel like giving us ADVer another 5% off for the month of May?.....
Case- your economic prudence is laudable, but please consider, before you work on HDB for more of a discount, it's a small, one man shop offering a generous discount to ADVers already. His product is a great value for the cost, especially when you compare it to what else is out there. You're riding a nice Beemer. Is another $10.00 discount really going to be the deciding factor?

I hope we all can get behind and support HDB without begrudging their profit margin. It enables HDB to invest in and create new products. I've watched their stuff improve over the years and their product line expand. Their continued success means our continued satisfaction. Cheers!
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #205
Mac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,100
Paul's work is always outstanding, and his customer service is even better.

Here's some of his work, along the White Rim Trail...

Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #206
dvwalker
Working to ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
That's how I set-up mine. Pull the rubber grommets out of the stock computer housing and attach them to the holes on the bottom of the HDB computer guard. They will take up some slack on the plastic drop outs and snug to the bottom with the stock screws you removed.
Thanks Mr unaweep, too easy...I had those rubber grommets and bracket thrown in a big box full of removed OE parts, so out of sight and out of mind. Nice and secure...

dvwalker screwed with this post 04-14-2012 at 08:51 AM
Old 04-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #207
dvwalker
Working to ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Here's some of his work, along the White Rim Trail...
Got me dreaming!!!....If everything goes to plan I'll be in the exact same spot on this coming Sept.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #208
skianreid
Boulder Moto

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
Case- your economic prudence is laudable, but please consider, before you work on HDB for more of a discount, it's a small, one man shop offering a generous discount to ADVers already. His product is a great value for the cost, especially when you compare it to what else is out there. You're riding a nice Beemer. Is another $10.00 discount really going to be the deciding factor?

I hope we all can get behind and support HDB without begrudging their profit margin. It enables HDB to invest in and create new products. I've watched their stuff improve over the years and their product line expand. Their continued success means our continued satisfaction. Cheers!
+1 I want to ride with a guy who can put it straight like that. Paul is an innovator creator and making some terrific product. There should be a tip jar on his checkout.
skianreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #209
Yaozer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Question. The low/hi button that came with my symtec grip heaters is a little too big to fit the hole on the top clamp that most others here are using. Can I drill the hole out a little or will it booger it up?
Yaozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #210
dvwalker
Working to ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaozer View Post
Question. The low/hi button that came with my symtec grip heaters is a little too big to fit the hole on the top clamp that most others here are using. Can I drill the hole out a little or will it booger it up?
If you add a polite request in the order comments, Paul will pre-drill one of the holes in the top clamp to fit that big 3way switch. Or you can do this yourself if you have a drill press. Paul also adds a little notch in the side wall to fit the little tooth on the switch, so it doesn't spin or move around in the hole.