User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #211
Yaozer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Top Clamp Hole

That would work, except that I already have the triple. Sounds like it might be easier to get another switch, but not sure where. Radio shack?
Yaozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #212
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
Anyone want to try a new Group Buy this year? there are atleast 4 people already in the HDB thread in Venders.

I know there are people out there and now this would be the best time to pull the trigger and get some great pricing.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #213
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,832
Do these hdb handguards help get rid of vibration in the bars or make it worse or the same??
Do these bolt on the Bmw GsA bars since they are already threaded?
IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #214
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casejeep View Post
Anyone want to try a new Group Buy this year? there are atleast 4 people already in the HDB thread in Venders.

I know there are people out there and now this would be the best time to pull the trigger and get some great pricing.
Maybe you should talk to the actual vendor to see if he is interested in the option, before you get others riled up to jump onto the wagon. I know Paul already gives discounts to ADV inmates, a group buy may be cutting further into his small profits for a one-man operation........I could be wrong, but I'd talk to him first....

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #215
tmotten
Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer: 2,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvwalker View Post
It's taken a bit of back and forth to get this scotts sub-mount and dashboard kit right, but need to echo again how I really really appreciate great service and top quality products. Life long customer...

The computer and indicators in pic below are KTM EXC OE. My question is what is the recommended way to attach the KTM computer to the billet? This is probably obvious to everyone but me and my thick head. The plastic fingers you see (w/coarse threads) are molded into the computer casing. Seems like the only other dashboard pics I've seen on the net have aftermarket computers like the Vector or Striker, which has a different way of attaching. Suppose I can build a little custom bracket, but wondering if others have done something different.

Where do you get those indicator light shells from?
tmotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #216
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,718
Thumb Hallelujah & Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
Maybe you should talk to the actual vendor to see if he is interested in the option, before you get others riled up to jump onto the wagon. I know Paul already gives discounts to ADV inmates, a group buy may be cutting further into his small profits for a one-man operation........I could be wrong, but I'd talk to him first....

Amen & +1, Bruddah SteveO!

Sometimes I just don't get it... Guys buy $8- to $20-K "Adventure" bikes, and usually lace 'em with a grand or so of panniers, etc. and other farkles... Or a guy buys an $8-K KTM, puts a $1-K pipe and other stuff on it... And so on...

Then a truly wonderful vendor comes on here, with a fantastic product, exemplary after-the-sale service, and a willingness to almost custom-build his product any way one could want - *AND* he offers a standing ADVrider discount...

On top of all this all of the gentleman's products are incredibly reasonably priced to begin with, especially considering the excellence in design, workmanship, fit, and finish...

Yet some folks still try and almost force the guy into an additional "group buy" discount. The poor vendor is damned if he does - i.e. his profit margin gets hacked up worse - and damned if doesn't - i.e. folks get mad and post negative comments if he says he can't afford to cut the price any more than it already is with the ADVrider discount.

Almost reminds me of the GWRRC riders back when I owned my Honda shop. You would offer them a club discount on parts and service, and then they would want additional discounts for any reason under the sun... Group buys, bike shows, group rides, phases of the moon - you name it. And they would decide I was going to "offer" these additional discounts before the events even happened, without ever asking me. When I finally drew the line and said "No" on any additional discounts other than the regular GWRRC one the entire local chapter decided to badmouth my shop at every club event, group ride, in their newsletter, etc.

One day I finally realized the entire group just wasn't worth the headache and margin-trimming, and stopped *ALL* discounts to 'em... Yep, I lost a lot of the club's business, but the bottom line of my shop, with regards to Gold Wings and accessories for them, actually went up.

I sure hope all this continued talk of "group buys" that he himself hasn't offered doesn't drive him away. He's too good a vendor and makes too a group of products for that.

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #217
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
Ok guys lets just chill out.
Yes i understand he is a one man operation. yes i know it cuts into his GM.
But im just seeing if there is any interest, because why ask the vender if there isn't any interest, what comes first the chicken or the egg?
Ive seen that he has done it in the past and thus is why i bring it up.
But it doesn't seem that you understand the why wholesale works ie: group buys.
Place one large order all at once, so he can sell more in a shorter period of time. he can then manufacture in larger QTY, so then he gets a discount from the shop he has make the parts.
This is how ALL manufacturer and distributors work.

And if he doesn't want to do it then he will say so. everyone on here has nothing but amazing things to say about him and his products. so its not like people will not buy it from him. see where im going on this?

So a simple yes or no on a group buy was all i was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Amen & +1, Bruddah SteveO!

Sometimes I just don't get it... Guys buy $8- to $20-K "Adventure" bikes, and usually lace 'em with a grand or so of panniers, etc. and other farkles... Or a guy buys an $8-K KTM, puts a $1-K pipe and other stuff on it... And so on...

Then a truly wonderful vendor comes on here, with a fantastic product, exemplary after-the-sale service, and a willingness to almost custom-build his product any way one could want - *AND* he offers a standing ADVrider discount...

On top of all this all of the gentleman's products are incredibly reasonably priced to begin with, especially considering the excellence in design, workmanship, fit, and finish...

Yet some folks still try and almost force the guy into an additional "group buy" discount. The poor vendor is damned if he does - i.e. his profit margin gets hacked up worse - and damned if doesn't - i.e. folks get mad and post negative comments if he says he can't afford to cut the price any more than it already is with the ADVrider discount.

Almost reminds me of the GWRRC riders back when I owned my Honda shop. You would offer them a club discount on parts and service, and then they would want additional discounts for any reason under the sun... Group buys, bike shows, group rides, phases of the moon - you name it. And they would decide I was going to "offer" these additional discounts before the events even happened, without ever asking me. When I finally drew the line and said "No" on any additional discounts other than the regular GWRRC one the entire local chapter decided to badmouth my shop at every club event, group ride, in their newsletter, etc.

One day I finally realized the entire group just wasn't worth the headache and margin-trimming, and stopped *ALL* discounts to 'em... Yep, I lost a lot of the club's business, but the bottom line of my shop, with regards to Gold Wings and accessories for them, actually went up.

I sure hope all this continued talk of "group buys" that he himself hasn't offered doesn't drive him away. He's too good a vendor and makes too a group of products for that.

Dallara

~
Old 04-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #218
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,718
Cool2 Yep, you tell him how to run his business...

Quote:
...But it doesn't seem that you understand the why wholesale works ie: group buys.
Place one large order all at once, so he can sell more in a shorter period of time. he can then manufacture in larger QTY, so then he gets a discount from the shop he has make the parts.
This is how ALL manufacturer and distributors work...

Sorry, but that just ain't necessarily so...

Obviously you haven't been involved much in a custom fabrication business.

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #219
dvwalker
Working to ride

Oddometer: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmotten View Post
Where do you get those indicator light shells from?
In the pic above those are the KTM OE indicators from a 2012 350 exc.

KTM Part #'s:

30 58011024300 FLASHER INDICAT.LIGHT GREEN'98 1
31 81214083000 INDICATOR LIGHT LED YELLOW FI 1
32 58011021300 H.BEAM INDICATOR LIGHT BLUE'98 1
33 81214086000 INDICATOR LIGHT RESERVE

dvwalker screwed with this post 04-16-2012 at 07:15 PM
dvwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #220
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,435
Does anyone know how much wider the touring hand Guards are? I got the std adventure ones and they are too short for the RC High bars. I had to space out the clamp mounts 10mm to get them to fit.

Parx400 screwed with this post 04-27-2012 at 09:46 AM
Parx400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #221
rtadlock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,234
Quote:
so then he gets a discount from the shop he has make the parts.
He is the shop that makes the parts....
Old 04-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #222
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,163
upgrade

So, while I "REALLY, REALLY" enjoy Paul's parts, and think he is an excellent supplier of some highly desirable parts, I've come across an issue.

After a few crashes, especially on the hard stuff, such as rocks, I found the brush-guards sliding in just a tad upon impact. Indeed, a quick adjustment will slide the brush-guard back out, but when on the trail, this has interfered with my throttle.

So, to fix this, I ran down to the local Ace Hardware store and picked up a couple of small bolts.....

This picture shows the diameter of the shoulder...

This pic shows how the bolt slides through the gap in the brush-guard, ensuring that the guard will not slide in towards the center of the bike upon impact. On top of the brush-guard is an example of how it goes through.

Here is the front side of the brush guard. I have spacers under the mounting bolt at this time due to my GPS mount being removed.

This has been successfully tested with multiple wrecks, and is holding up great; i.e., the bars have not moved in towards the center of the top mount during the wrecks......

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #223
everett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Perfect timing. I'd be inline for a group buy.

Everett.

Quote:

everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #224
freetors
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 778
Are there any plans for making larger plastic guards to keep the bugs, rain, cold, etc off the hands better?
freetors is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #225
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by everett View Post
Perfect timing. I'd be inline for a group buy.

Everett.

x2
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote