Originally Posted by Casejeep View Post
x3
x4
smoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #228
J.Johnson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85

Got all of my new gear installed to ride last weekend. I love HDB products. I will be buying more from him. Well thought out product

Sent with mind control...
Old 05-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #229
everett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadx View Post
A shot from an angle to see the custom lower clamps. These risers are about 2" taller than stock. I chose a bar bend that was 1/2" shorter than stock netting me 1.5" of rise over the stock height. It really has opened up the cockpit. I will have plenty of room to use the standard powerlets, if I want, rather than the lower profile powerlets. I wanted to get my rise from the bar clamps rather than from handlebar bend so this worked out great.

Though it may look like it from the following image, the risers and clamp do not block the speedo. The shot up above shows my view from my standard riding position.

Did you need longer cables?
everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #230
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?

Oddometer: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casejeep View Post
Has anyone put these on an F800 GS?

And has anyone figured if you can have the low profile power outlets with a SCOTTS damper?

I have Barkbuster right now and they are slightly hitting my fairing, Mirage 2 from B.C., how much farther out do the HDB handguards stick out?

AND! anyone interested in another group buy?

Or does Paul feel like giving us ADVer another 5% off for the month of May?.....
Not sure if you got them yet........but I have them on my F800GS. REALLY, REALLY nice! Much nicer than the Barkbusters I had on there, love the little mirrors too. They just barely tap the stock windscreen. I also have the Scotts on there, no power outlets though. I'm REALLY happy with the setup. No drops yet to test them.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #231
Motoracer428
n00b

Oddometer: 2
anodized w/ shields

FYI the website makes it sound like you cannot get Black guards with Black plastic shields but you can (at least it looks so from all the cool pics.) Enjoy!
Motoracer428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #232
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoracer428 View Post
FYI the website makes it sound like you cannot get Black guards with Black plastic shields but you can (at least it looks so from all the cool pics.) Enjoy!
When I got mine a year or so ago - they came with a set of black and a set of white shields. I traded my blacks for another guy's whites, and now I've got spares that match. May have changed by now tho.

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #233
AZ-Twin
Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer: 1,321
How does the black anodizing (or perhaps it is some other coating) on the top clamp hold up to the sun? I have bought other things and the anodizing either turned purple, or faded in some other way.

Thanks

[edit]
I have not had other things from this vendor fade, just other aluminum things in general. Sorry if there was any confusion.
2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #234
freetors
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetors View Post
Are there any plans for making larger plastic guards to keep the bugs, rain, cold, etc off the hands better?
I guess not....
freetors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #235
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,760
Eek Maybe a more direct approach is in order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetors View Post
I guess not....

Have you tried contacting the vendor directly? Most don't have the time to monitor each and every motorcycle web forum out there...

You might try here - http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_...ay&ref=contact

Or e-mailing them directly at hdb@highwaydirtbikes.com

Dallara

`

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #236
Urbandrag
KLiM Beotch!

Oddometer: 140
2006 650GS with OEM heated grips system...

I promise better pics soon...

Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #237
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,796
Just ordered and Adventure Plate, Bars, Risers, a couple of push button switches form HDB, 2 Powerlet sockets and some Hot Grips (Direct from hot Grips) for my WR250R.

The hot grips comes with a 2 way toggle switch, does anybody know if that will fit in the "Switch" area's of the HDB top plate? As I want to run 2 powerlets so I don't want to use those holes for switches, and the push button swiches I ordered aren't two way (high and low). Or do you know a source for a two way switch that will fit in the "Switch holes" on the HDB set-up.

Also not sure where to get LED's to fit in the indicator light holes anybody have a source for them? Never wired a diode directly, do they just wire up in series with a hot lead?

Thanks.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #238
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Just ordered and Adventure Plate, Bars, Risers, a couple of push button switches form HDB, 2 Powerlet sockets and some Hot Grips (Direct from hot Grips) for my WR250R.

The hot grips comes with a 2 way toggle switch, does anybody know if that will fit in the "Switch" area's of the HDB top plate? As I want to run 2 powerlets so I don't want to use those holes for switches, and the push button swiches I ordered aren't two way (high and low). Or do you know a source for a two way switch that will fit in the "Switch holes" on the HDB set-up.

Also not sure where to get LED's to fit in the indicator light holes anybody have a source for them? Never wired a diode directly, do they just wire up in series with a hot lead?

Thanks.
I got my leds from paul and he drills the holes and installs the leds and sends them. I did drill out a set of black guards and switched the leds to that set. Easier to have him do it imho.

Regarding the two way switch, measure the hole diameter and check at radio shack I'm sure there is something that will fit. I decided to just wire mine high, off and keep the switches the same.

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #239
Lima Tango
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post

Thanks.
Typically, an LED will need a current limiting resistor in series with the LED. The value of this resistor will depend on the voltage of the source, the forward drop across the LED, and the LED's operating current. This is a generic answer; there may be some LEDs that have this resistor already integrated with the LED. Especially if the LED is packaged up for a specific application, for example to replace an existing incandescent bulb. You need to have information for the specific part you're using to avoid a mishap.

LT
Lima Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #240
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,058
..anyone use these with FLEXX bars?

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote