ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #1531
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd
 
fifthcircle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Knee deep in diapers, Nebraska.
Oddometer: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrodder View Post
Yeah, right.
I didn't say on the bike.... I am pretty sure the LPD frowns on riding a motorcycle with an infant strapped to your chest in a Baby Bjorn.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #1532
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer
 
agspecialties's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Norfolk, NE
Oddometer: 1,153
Come on Kurt...........????????????
My kids have both been on bikes before 6 months old. My oldest Brooklynn, was going around a motorcross track on my cr 500 with me when she was 8 or 9 months old. Her freaking helmet cost a shit load of money. I have a harness that we use to strap Brook to my back and we would go on dinner rides all the time.
Still to this day we still strap her to me, because she will fall asleep on the way back home. That little girl will have more miles on her ass in a year then half of the people on this site. No big deal for her to ride 400 miles with me in a day.
By now, i know every little kids church song that you can think of. Got to love those helmet mics.
agspecialties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #1533
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd
 
fifthcircle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Knee deep in diapers, Nebraska.
Oddometer: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by agspecialties View Post
Come on Kurt...........????????????
My kids have both been on bikes before 6 months old. My oldest Brooklynn, was going around a motorcross track on my cr 500 with me when she was 8 or 9 months old. Her freaking helmet cost a shit load of money. I have a harness that we use to strap Brook to my back and we would go on dinner rides all the time.
Still to this day we still strap her to me, because she will fall asleep on the way back home. That little girl will have more miles on her ass in a year then half of the people on this site. No big deal for her to ride 400 miles with me in a day.
By now, i know every little kids church song that you can think of. Got to love those helmet mics.
You are a bad influence.



Not on your kids, on me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #1534
truckguy
awesomeness!
 
truckguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Omaha, NE via Tulsa, OK
Oddometer: 206
So, where do I go around Omaha for my motorcycle accessories? No Cycle Gear up here which sucks but now I'm at a loss as to where to go...
__________________
Look. Lean. Believe.

Motorcycling is the pursuit of life through motion, sometimes at speed, during which the sum total of one’s existence is defined in the conflict between centrifugal force and gravity.
truckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:10 AM   #1535
Yossarian™ OP
Deputy Cultural Attaché
 
Yossarian™'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: the 'Ha
Oddometer: 9,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckguy View Post
So, where do I go around Omaha for my motorcycle accessories? No Cycle Gear up here which sucks but now I'm at a loss as to where to go...
For what are you looking?

I'll try to help.
__________________
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1976.
Yossarian™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 AM   #1536
truckguy
awesomeness!
 
truckguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Omaha, NE via Tulsa, OK
Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
For what are you looking?

I'll try to help.
Mainly an accessory store, but specifically: chain, chain lube, glove liners, LEDs, bar end mirrors, chain breaker, patch kit..that's all I can think of off-hand but I'm sure there's more thanks
__________________
Look. Lean. Believe.

Motorcycling is the pursuit of life through motion, sometimes at speed, during which the sum total of one’s existence is defined in the conflict between centrifugal force and gravity.
truckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:14 AM   #1537
Yossarian™ OP
Deputy Cultural Attaché
 
Yossarian™'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: the 'Ha
Oddometer: 9,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckguy View Post
Mainly an accessory store, but specifically: chain, chain lube, glove liners, LEDs, bar end mirrors, chain breaker, patch kit..that's all I can think of off-hand but I'm sure there's more thanks
You should be able to find most of it (lubes and tools) at Nebraska Motorcycle Parts, 8415 G Street. They carry a wide range of Motion Pro tools in the back of the store near the parts counter.

A lot of the items can be had at local dealers as well.
__________________
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1976.
Yossarian™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #1538
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer
 
agspecialties's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Norfolk, NE
Oddometer: 1,153
Machining a new sprocket for the xr 650 Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301596298.224980.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  165.3 KB
agspecialties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:10 PM   #1539
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie
 
zoid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Where the N stands for Nowledge
Oddometer: 1,129
You'll probably need a new chain to go with that.
zoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #1540
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer
 
agspecialties's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Norfolk, NE
Oddometer: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBender View Post
Going to belt drive?

Yah
that freaking thing weighs over 1000 lbs. Its bigger then a rear tire of a bike.
agspecialties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #1541
flyrodder
Donny, please.
 
flyrodder's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Southern Bohemian Alps
Oddometer: 2,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by agspecialties View Post
Yah
that freaking thing weighs over 1000 lbs. Its bigger then a rear tire of a bike.
Thought it might be a replacement pulley for tbirdsp's scooter.
__________________
"It's sorta like a combination of camping in your Grandma's back yard, and a Frat party. " --fifthcircle
flyrodder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #1542
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer
 
agspecialties's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Norfolk, NE
Oddometer: 1,153
I can start to machine that down for him. Might take a week or two
agspecialties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #1543
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer
 
agspecialties's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Norfolk, NE
Oddometer: 1,153
Well. Picked up the new toy today.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301713356.175957.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  197.7 KB
agspecialties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #1544
Yossarian™ OP
Deputy Cultural Attaché
 
Yossarian™'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: the 'Ha
Oddometer: 9,313
Fun!
__________________
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1976.
Yossarian™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #1545
flyrodder
Donny, please.
 
flyrodder's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Southern Bohemian Alps
Oddometer: 2,922
Sweeeeeeet! We watched a guy at Moab playing around on one. The slick-rock out there seemed a little easy for him, but it looked like a lot of fun.
__________________
"It's sorta like a combination of camping in your Grandma's back yard, and a Frat party. " --fifthcircle
flyrodder is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014