Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #181
ST-Ranger
ALL About the ride there!

Oddometer: 630
I would like to see flames and I still think we could find something that has fire going on, but I will give it 12hours, so if by 6:00AM central time there are no flames to be had, I will let yours stand.... So be ready, I guess...
Old 02-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #182
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-Ranger
I would like to see flames and I still think we could find something that has fire going on, but I will give it 12hours, so if by 6:00AM central time there are no flames to be had, I will let yours stand.... So be ready, I guess...
Sounds fair. I have the new theme shot ready, got it about 20 minutes after the fire training area shot.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #183
danedg
Horizontally Opposed

Oddometer: 5,926
Ahem

5. One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
'74 Guzzi Eldorado
'95 R100 Mystic
danedg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #184
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danedg
5. One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
Is it a file photo if taken after the grab shot and simply held until the tag is approved? I say no.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #185
danedg
Horizontally Opposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-Ranger

Either it's a tag...or not...
'74 Guzzi Eldorado
'95 R100 Mystic
Old 02-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #186
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

I'll go with STs call on it. If there is no better grab by the time I get up, I;ll post the new theme. Say by 9AM EST
Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #187
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,944
I would think under these circumstances, if the aircraft fire / rescue trainer is finally approved then 02TAC's next theme photo should be OK since he said he took it today for the next tag. What if he had never said anything about it? No one would be the wiser... He is just waiting for the OK, granted a little longer than most but still.....
On that note how do any of us know what is a file photo or not. No one is using the date/time stamp that is on virtually all cameras now. I use it when I play this game but no one else does. I think that should be a requirement for posting/playing this game and the NA TOR game.
02TAC, maybe you could get them to fire that plane up for you! Just tell them what the deal is!
I did some work at an ARMY base that had one of those on the site. Never got to see it burn though...

On the other hand, I was thinking of pulling the bike out of the garage, pouring some gas on the snow out front of the house, setting it on fire and taking a pic! Kill two birds with one stone.

bwalsh screwed with this post 02-21-2010 at 06:19 PM
bwalsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #188
nukeman
rad

Oddometer: 278
Getting the picture of your intended new tag, while on the ride to, or home from, the current tag, is still within the spirit of the game, and is done all the time.
O2TAC has proven that he does actually ride his bike even if he still has a little trouble setting the date in his camera. (it's not 2030)
I don't normally check the date because for some reason I have to save the picture on my computer first, but then you just right click, and select properties to find the date.
Besides, anyone could photoshop today's date/time stamp onto the picture if they really wanted to cheat. (although you would still need to change it in the "properties" somehow)
At some point we need to trust each other to play fair. We do this for fun and friendship, right?

While I'm waiting for ST-Ranger's decision, maybe I could ride the harley from the front porch to the livin'room an' get a picture of it by the woodburnin' stove.
nukeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #189
ST-Ranger

I had somebody say to me today, when I was talking about the FIRE issue, that he might have just put a candle on the seat of his bike and taken a photo of it. So yes I guess you could have many ways to answer this one. But as it is said, most of the time, this game is just for fun and to get people out riding their bikes and maybe to go to some new and interesting places.

We came up with a list of five different places in our area that would cover this TAG and one of them was even a landfill in our area that has a pipe coming out of it that the burn of the methane, so it is burning most of the time. We also have a few plants out by the river that do some kind of work that have flames on some of their stack pipes too.

So yes maybe the the gas grill from the back yard would do the trick too, we will see. But as to not slow the game down too much I will give some players a little more time to find the flame I asked for, if not I will be willing to go with the Fire Training shot that we have in waiting at this point.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #190
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

I plan to change the year on the camera at random; just changed it to Jan 2008 as I could not go any farther back.

It turns out that even if you do not use the time stamp feature on digital cameras, the camera includes the info in the data properties of the file anyway. I was called out for using a file photo based on this data. Turns out I had not set the camera date and it was more than a month off. SO..... now I intentionally set the date WAY off. I have them sorted in dated file on the PC, so I know when they were taken. If someone is determined enough to download the pic and then go thrrough the properties, they can root out file photos. When you get right down to it, does it really matter? For me, I ride out and take pics. I have used a "file photo" when I was at the location in question and could not get the shot due to traffic or camera issues. Shit happens.

It's about riding, but if you choose to use photots from teh past, thats your call. I'll still go out and try to grab the tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeman
Getting the picture of your intended new tag, while on the ride to, or home from, the current tag, is still within the spirit of the game, and is done all the time.
O2TAC has proven that he does actually ride his bike even if he still has a little trouble setting the date in his camera. (it's not 2030)
I don't normally check the date because for some reason I have to save the picture on my computer first, but then you just right click, and select properties to find the date.
Besides, anyone could photoshop today's date/time stamp onto the picture if they really wanted to cheat. (although you would still need to change it in the "properties" somehow)
At some point we need to trust each other to play fair. We do this for fun and friendship, right?

While I'm waiting for ST-Ranger's decision, maybe I could ride the harley from the front porch to the livin'room an' get a picture of it by the woodburnin' stove.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #191
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePill
Too bad this tag couldn't have been timed for the last Space Shuttle launch. Don't think there'd be any arguements then.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:25 AM   #192
ST-Ranger

OK, Gave enough time for some more riders to come up with something with flame, but the more I look at it and I guess I can call it this way after all. I did just say "Fire" and the sign at the training area does say Fire on it. So even though I did not see it at first, I guess you can call this one done.

SO Go For It O2TAC the TAG is yours and you may play on now...

Oh and on the file photo thing, to help get all that time stuff worked out, if you bring the photo into an edit type of application, can't you do a file save as and I think all that time date stuff gets lost anyway. Just a thought and yes the setting of the time on your camera kind of plays around with that too. So it is all up to the player to do the right thing I think.

So let's all ride some more and get some great photos of our machines out and about. Game On!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:32 AM   #193
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Your new theme is a Music shop. Must say Music in the name. I would have posted earlier, but I just got up!
Old 02-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #194
ST-Ranger

OK, I have a theme tonight...

Let's see if you like this one...

TAG... With Music in the name...

Just a little wet tonight, but a good ride anyway...

I also went ahead and picked out a new TAG theme, if that's alright, and this time we are looking for a Theater (something with a STAGE not a movie place).

Something like this...

Good luck and good hunting or is that riding for the fun of it.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #195
danedg
Horizontally Opposed

Whoot!
'74 Guzzi Eldorado
'95 R100 Mystic