ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #3511
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty bike View Post
Then there is the National Wild Card Tag game, which currently needs a smokestack with fumes/steam/smoke coming out of it. Nothing close on that one, but I know a place...
Actually, I think it also included a chimney, etc. Coldest snap this year here and I didn't see one chimney going with a wood fire on the way home. *Almost* stopped by a Burger King, but figured that would be pretty lame.

And giving up because a bunch of folks in NC are playing a lot now? Really?
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #3512
Dirty bike
EVal Innovations Inc
 
Dirty bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Ivins, UT
Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Actually, I think it also included a chimney, etc. Coldest snap this year here and I didn't see one chimney going with a wood fire on the way home. *Almost* stopped by a Burger King, but figured that would be pretty lame.

And giving up because a bunch of folks in NC are playing a lot now? Really?
Chimney, smokestack, tomato, tamaatoe.

And yeah, those NC boys might not know BBQ, but they have been good at snaging tags lately, but there is opportunity for others too, just got to go for a ride.
Dirty bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #3513
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,177
We're fortunate to have some very active taggers around here, and what you're seeing is only one region of the state. It seems all our hillbillies are holed up for the winter.

Yet winter seems to be the problem. A lot of the great taggers in this game are holed up in the snow, meanwhile the NC flatlands are warm.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #3514
hscrugby
"That guy"
 
hscrugby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty bike View Post

And yeah, those NC boys might not know BBQ,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ubT...e_gdata_player

NC knows bbq.
__________________
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/585928
Feel free to donate money either to my page, or their general fund.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #3515
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,250
Mmmmmm.... Sure could go for some Utah barbecue right about now... What's in that stuff anyway, potatoes?

RD, I know it's not 50 below windchill here this morning, but I'm seriously debating driving the truck to work this morning due to the temps.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #3516
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred
 
dirtymartini's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Harveys Lake, PA
Oddometer: 2,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Mmmmmm.... Sure could go for some Utah barbecue right about now... What's in that stuff anyway, potatoes?

RD, I know it's not 50 below windchill here this morning, but I'm seriously debating driving the truck to work this morning due to the temps.
-6 degrees here The Stelvio has been tucked away for weeks now
__________________
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
dirtymartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:40 AM   #3517
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,250
My phone is telling me it's 19F here right now. May get into the mid-30s by the afternoon. It's been a long time since I missed a day of riding due to cold. Hopefully, I can find a boat this afternoon. I'm going to give myself bonus points if I can find one on the water.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:51 AM   #3518
eepeqez
Beastly Adventurer
 
eepeqez's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
My phone is telling me it's 19F here right now. May get into the mid-30s by the afternoon. It's been a long time since I missed a day of riding due to cold. Hopefully, I can find a boat this afternoon. I'm going to give myself bonus points if I can find one on the water.
My bike is parked outside right next to my boat.
My camera is actually inside my boat.
It's 20degC here at 11pm.

I started playing Global Wild Card Tag to get myself out of the house and onto the bike, especially when I get cabin fever in winter, so unless this one drags on, I won't deprive anyone else of a reason to get out of the house and onto the bike.

But be warned, if I go sailing, I will keep an eye out for a motorbike to photograph from my boat! Does it count if its not my bike, but it is my boat?

Mind you, 19f? Isn't that like, colder than my deep freeze? How do you survive??? I mean, metric temperatures start at 0C because that is the coldest it supposed to ever get! It's that whole "Right to bare arms" typo that causes so much trouble!
eepeqez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 AM   #3519
BlueM00se
'Cuse LAX Fan
 
BlueM00se's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: South Wake, NC
Oddometer: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
My phone is telling me it's 19F here right now. May get into the mid-30s by the afternoon. It's been a long time since I missed a day of riding due to cold. Hopefully, I can find a boat this afternoon. I'm going to give myself bonus points if I can find one on the water.
You're better than me WB! I wimped out and drove this morning. Though without my gear I think I was colder in the truck for the first 5 miles than I would have been on the bike. I was wishing for a heated steering wheel!
__________________
So sick and tired of this interstate system
I need a curve and a wind-a-twistin'
Dusty path to nowhere
Rodney Atkins from "Take A Back Road"
BlueM00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:11 AM   #3520
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by eepeqez View Post
My bike is parked outside right next to my boat.
My camera is actually inside my boat.
It's 20degC here at 11pm.

I started playing Global Wild Card Tag to get myself out of the house and onto the bike, especially when I get cabin fever in winter, so unless this one drags on, I won't deprive anyone else of a reason to get out of the house and onto the bike.

But be warned, if I go sailing, I will keep an eye out for a motorbike to photograph from my boat! Does it count if its not my bike, but it is my boat?

Mind you, 19f? Isn't that like, colder than my deep freeze? How do you survive??? I mean, metric temperatures start at 0C because that is the coldest it supposed to ever get! It's that whole "Right to bare arms" typo that causes so much trouble!
30 years ago, I liked this weather. I have zero use for it now. Your freezer ought to be a bit colder, but food is certainly not going to spoil sitting on the front porch today.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 AM   #3521
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM00se View Post
You're better than me WB! I wimped out and drove this morning. Though without my gear I think I was colder in the truck for the first 5 miles than I would have been on the bike. I was wishing for a heated steering wheel!
My truck warms up pretty quickly and I've only got about 5 miles between here and the office. If the truck was broken down, I *could* do it, but I'm pretty sure I've already talked myself out of it.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:59 AM   #3522
hscrugby
"That guy"
 
hscrugby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,093
I rode into the office, (still haven't cleaned the bike) freezing my ass off, planned to hit up a busted boat after I dropped my laptop off and had my first cup of coffee.
(It's in the woods on the walking trail right by my office)

I thought it was too cheap to tag my own boat since some people are getting mad that us NC folks are easily amused.

Well, apparently I took a buddy's laptop in by accident, instead of my work laptop. So raced back home, and am now sitting in my nice warm house not going anywhere today.

It's f'ing cold out there.
__________________
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/585928
Feel free to donate money either to my page, or their general fund.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #3523
truck6driver
The Fireman
 
truck6driver's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Hope Mills, N.C.
Oddometer: 7,050
Wait a min! You just blew off work because you were cold. WTF!!!!


I got suited up and the bike warmed up until I got a phone call reminding me to bring in my "dress blues" for uniform inspection today. Oops forgot about that. Shut off the bike and piled up in the car and froze half way to work. That sucked. Should have left my gear on, it was warmer than the car.

Pulled into work and got 20 questions about why I wasn't on the bike. "is the bike broken" "haven't seen your car in a year what gives" "I've never seen that car before when did you get it". Hell my Capt. didn't see my bike and called my phone to find out where I was and why I was late. ( I got there before him and was 20 ft away from him )

I think I might ride my bike alot.

With my old Caprice I will have burnt up the same gas as 2 tanks on the bike. Sigh


Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #3524
Dirty bike
EVal Innovations Inc
 
Dirty bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Ivins, UT
Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
NC knows bbq.
LOL, Ok brisket, but I'm not a fan of the vinegar based sauces. I prefer TX or TN Q, but it's all good. And you're right, UT doesn't have BBQ. I can run down to Vegas and find all kinds of good stuff though, with some different, but surprisingly good Korean and Chinese BBQ. There is one TX style place in town that's ok, but nothing like the real deal. A non chain Memphis style place opened up recently, but I haven't tried them yet.

It's been in the 20s, but the last couple of days stated in the 30s and warmed up nicely into the 50's. Just need to find some time to get out for a ride.
Dirty bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #3525
hscrugby
"That guy"
 
hscrugby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck6driver View Post
Wait a min! You just blew off work because you were cold. WTF!!!!
No, I blew off going into the office.
I can work from home.
In fact, with the hosed up parking (they are building a five story parking deck that's almost done) until ~June or so, they are ENCOURAGING us to work from home. We even have a shuttle to bring us from the "satellite" parking lot. :(
It's 2.6 miles away. I live ~9 miles. On principle, I refuse.
__________________
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/585928
Feel free to donate money either to my page, or their general fund.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014