Old 09-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #376
vfrgreg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
Prolly Greg's buddy

Mine ain't clean
Twas mine! The new Blue Yamaha paint never needs washing. Juss ride in all weather and it cleans itself as you go
Sum focker in a Yota almost got the salute at the redlight for blowin at me three lanes over

R1200RT

vfrgreg screwed with this post 09-20-2011 at 05:24 PM
vfrgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:18 AM   #377
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,723
ADVenture bike Tuesday...San Antonio

I know that most of the posts, in this thread, are from the good folks in Mississippi. But, I didn't want to start a new thread, and saw a coupla' stray, prior posts from a coupla' non-Mississippians. So...

It appears that Tuesday the 20th was ADVenture Bike Day, in San Antonio. I drive, for my job, and cannot (in recent memory) recall seeing so many cool bikes...

Blue NX250 (approximately 1800 hours)- 281N @ Loop 1604 (at the stoplight). This was the coolest little bike that I have seen in a long time. It was in great shape, and had a "Stubb's Cycle" license plate frame. If I knew that Stubb's had a bike like that, I woulda' gone and bought it.

Black KTM 990 Adventure (approximately 1845 hours)- St. Mary's Street (in front of the Marriot Courtyard, on the Riverwalk). Your bike looked friggin' sick! It looked like Marc or Cyril stopped to have a beer on the Riverwalk. However, it also appeared that someone, riding a 1968 Vespa, left their helmet sitting on your bike (WTF?!?), while they went to buy some rolling papers. Please tell me that wasn't your lid.

Silver BMW G650 or F650 (approximately 1845 hours)- St. Mary's Street @ Commerce Street (just past the black 990). I saw you comin'-up, in the rearview mirror, and thought, for sure, that you were goin' to meet the guy on the KaTooM...but, no dice. You just rode right on by. I scoured your bike, for an ADV sticker (while you were stopped at the light), but found none.

Orange KTM 990 Adventure (approximately 1820 hours)- 281N just past Loop 410 (or, possibly, on that straight between Hildebrand and Loop 410). Haulin' ass!...GET SOME!!!

Anyhow, guys, thanks for taking my mind off work for a few...

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #378
wolfy317
Beemer lover

Oddometer: 3,432
Spotted; Red/silver KLR650 on Hwy 12/Spring in Starkville, Ms on the 24th about 5:45pm. Couldn't tell if any stickers.....

'71 BMW R75/5 | 06 BMW K1200R
wolfy317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #379
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORPRINCEJJ View Post
I know that most of the posts, in this thread, are from the good folks in Mississippi. But, I didn't want to start a new thread, and saw a coupla' stray, prior posts from a coupla' non-Mississippians. So...

It appears that Tuesday the 20th was ADVenture Bike Day, in San Antonio. I drive, for my job, and cannot (in recent memory) recall seeing so many cool bikes...

Blue NX250 (approximately 1800 hours)- 281N @ Loop 1604 (at the stoplight). This was the coolest little bike that I have seen in a long time. It was in great shape, and had a "Stubb's Cycle" license plate frame. If I knew that Stubb's had a bike like that, I woulda' gone and bought it.

Black KTM 990 Adventure (approximately 1845 hours)- St. Mary's Street (in front of the Marriot Courtyard, on the Riverwalk). Your bike looked friggin' sick! It looked like Marc or Cyril stopped to have a beer on the Riverwalk. However, it also appeared that someone, riding a 1968 Vespa, left their helmet sitting on your bike (WTF?!?), while they went to buy some rolling papers. Please tell me that wasn't your lid.

Silver BMW G650 or F650 (approximately 1845 hours)- St. Mary's Street @ Commerce Street (just past the black 990). I saw you comin'-up, in the rearview mirror, and thought, for sure, that you were goin' to meet the guy on the KaTooM...but, no dice. You just rode right on by. I scoured your bike, for an ADV sticker (while you were stopped at the light), but found none.

Orange KTM 990 Adventure (approximately 1820 hours)- 281N just past Loop 410 (or, possibly, on that straight between Hildebrand and Loop 410). Haulin' ass!...GET SOME!!!

Anyhow, guys, thanks for taking my mind off work for a few...

It's cool mang! Post away!
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 AM   #380
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,307
Dualsport headed west on Spillway, about 7:25 this morning.

If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:12 AM   #381
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
Dualsport headed west on Spillway, about 7:25 this morning.

I chased a sport bike across there not 5 minutes before that, but I never saw that one. I have been seeing a guy on some kind of motard around there a good bit, but he never waves, never see him stop, don't know who he is...
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #382
vfrgreg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 785
Was it a Husky?

R1200RT
vfrgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #383
CrashDummy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrgreg View Post
Was it a Husky?
I can't even say what color it was, pretty foggy on Spillway this morning. Could have been anything from a KLX 250 to David Q's Husky
If you posted a thread on Face Plant that you crashed because an eagle attacked your helmet, you'd get five people saying how you should know better than to paint your helmet _________ and another five who will suggest you should have taken the MSF Eagle Avoidance course. Then another five will say the Eagle Avoidance Course sucks....
CrashDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #384
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Oddometer: 2,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
I can't even say what color it was, pretty foggy on Spillway this morning. Could have been anything from a KLX 250 to David Q's Husky

It wasn't me
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #385
Schickmeister
Youngin'

Oddometer: 2,672
Was riding south on 83 just south of Eden this past Friday on my GSA.

Saw about 15 GS/BMWs heading north...what was going on? I figured someone on here must know about what that could have been/where they were going.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:09 AM   #386
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
It's cool mang! Post away!

Thanks Supah!

I think I'll go again...

Orange KTM 990 Adventure (09-30-11/1850 hours)- Highway 16, between Helotes and Bandera. It appeared that your bike had an aluminum top-box (Zega?) I was going East (towards San Antone), and you were headed West (towards Bandera). I waved...you waved. I didn't look as "Rockstar" as you did...I was on my KLR.

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8

WARRIORPRINCEJJ screwed with this post 10-01-2011 at 11:43 AM
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:56 AM   #387
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,652
KLR at The Club yesterday:

Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:53 AM   #388
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,138
Quote:

Gregs old KiLR and its for sale, again
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:02 AM   #389
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy

Oddometer: 4,279
Quote:

That's a Terry Tine's built KLR...poor bike just can't be loved
Great bike. Happy trails, Avons, for sale...
Old 10-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #390
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy

Oddometer: 4,279
Blue Triumph Tiger

Spotted from frontage road in Pearl. Tiger going East on I20, looked like hard top box and soft luggage. Rider wearing sand colored riding jacket.