User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #2086
SquirrelyGrl
Squirrely Girl

Oddometer: 888
MotoColumbo ~ You wouldn't happen to be able to post a pic with the gauge on the Norton?
Old 03-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #2087
Motocolumbo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58

The gauges fit in the stock Norton cups. The gauges themselves are only about an inch deep so would be easy to mount in some kind of panel or plate. The back of the gauges isn't meant to show really, is just black plastic with a threaded ring.
Brendan
04 Ducati Multistrada
05 Sportster with Velorex hack
Old 03-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #2088
rtwdoug
prominent underachiever

Oddometer: 3,649
those gauges look really good.
I have a 68 Fastback

Old 03-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #2089
groop
So much to ponder

Oddometer: 3,220
Looking for a set (120 mph speedo, tach) of Smiths gray-faced gauges for my Triumph Trophy project. Don't need to be perfect, but working, or at least servicable.
Thanks
Old 03-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #2090
MightyChosen1
I wanna be sedated

Oddometer: 1,303
Xs-650 dual sport in Illinois

No longer for sale

MightyChosen1 screwed with this post 03-22-2014 at 05:14 PM Reason: No longer for sale
Old 03-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #2091
mosderek
Vintage Motocross

Oddometer: 30
Cry

If you spent as much time riding as you do babbling about hurtless "key wording" I would probably respect everything you have to say, but since you have nothing else to do but be butthurt about someone just selling an item on Craigslist I really could care less, man. It's a vintage dirt bike so I put other vintage dirt bike suffixes and brands in, boohoo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaka View Post
no, it's called keywording. It's forbidden in the craigslist TOU, and Cl has changed their software to help combat it. It destroys the search function. Everybody looking for ANY of those other bikes has your ad crapping up their results---and it has become such a monkey-see-monkey-do stunt among the brainless that searching for something can be pretty hopeless.

Dude, I don't mean to tell you what to do. Franky, I could care less. I see an ad like that and I don't even bother calling even if it's just what I'm looking for and the price is right. The seller looks like an inconsiderate asshat at worst and a thoughtless and immature kid at best. When I'm shopping (and I am) I judge the seller as much as the machine. I want someone I can have some confidence in, someone I figure is telling me the strait story about the item. A bunch of keywording bullshit says the seller will try to abuse me as much as she/he is abusing everyone searching for every one of those things he isn't selling. It also says the seller ain't too bright. You really think somebody is going to want what you got when they are looking for something else and you show up as yet another pimple in their search results? Nope.

I hope you make the sale, get your price and get a decent buyer to deal with. They can be real bullshitters and problems too. But a clean ad that has all the right details about the machine (shows you know your bikes and what a buyer needs to know). Has no garbage (lame backstory---ANY backstory, keyword garbage, hype, etc.)...this reels in what you want---somebody looking for exactly what you got, has a pocket full of cash and is motivated to buy.

Good luck.

Feel free to contact me off list if you want some editing help. I may or may not be able to make the ad stronger---beyond the most obvious.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:37 AM   #2092
Plaka
Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer: 4,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosderek View Post
If you spent as much time riding as you do babbling about hurtless "key wording" I would probably respect everything you have to say, but since you have nothing else to do but be butthurt about someone just selling an item on Craigslist I really could care less, man. It's a vintage dirt bike so I put other vintage dirt bike suffixes and brands in, boohoo.
The only thing I buy from kids is lemonade.

Cya.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:54 AM   #2093
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 878
Quote:
it's called a tag.....maybe you don't dabble in craigslist too much but this way if someone is searching for one of these other bikes it allows them to find mine, if they like it they can buy it.....if not they continue on......
Sorry but i explicitly will NOT buy from someone that does that.... If im not lookin for whats in the title im not looking at the ad...
Old 03-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #2094
leighton_co
exiled2earth

Oddometer: 70
Laugh

Quote:
It's a vintage dirt bike so I put other vintage dirt bike suffixes and brands in, boohoo.
Yeah who really cares.? its just another way to get people to see your bike listing if they were looking for similay types etc.. i find bikes i wouldnt have seen all the time that way on cl.

If the women dont find you handsome; They should At least find you handy!
Old 03-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #2095
leighton_co
exiled2earth

76 r90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWJohn View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a Knob Key Blank?

Restoring my 1976 R90S and I need the old ignition Knob Key

are you looking for an old airhead just the key blank? They can order the foldable types from many bmw stores. online at bobs bmw has them too. or at least they did. If not that im not sure.

have fun out there.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #2096
leighton_co
exiled2earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaka View Post
Are you selling all these too?:

vintage, motorcycle, honda, yamaha, suzuki, kawasaki, xs650, cb750, cb360, cl360, cl450, cb550, cb400, kz750, kz650, kz400, z1, kz900, kz1000, klx250, ke100, kx250, kx400, kd175, klr650, gpz550, gpz750, f5, bighorn, f9, f8, triumph, bsa, lightning, thunderbolt, tiger, ducati, bmw, gs750, gs550, gs400, sr500, sr400, xt500, husqvarna, elsinore, tm400, ts185, xs400, bonneville, thruxton, t100, thumper, rd350, rd400, t500, t350, t250, rd250, dt250, rt360, mx360, mx125, yz125, moto guzzi, harley davidson, panhead, flathead, ironhead, shovelhead, knucklehead, ahrma, japanese, amf, indian, scout, sprint, hodaka, super rat, wombat, maico, penton, ktm, it175, dual shock, cafe racer, bobber, brat style, tl125, sl125, ty125, ty250, dr650, rm250, yz400, crf230, crf250, klx250, british, italian, cr250, cr125, xs850, xs750, xr250, xr650, xl600, xr450, drz400, rt1, rt2,rt3, dt400, dt2, dt3, dt360, mx360, vintage motocross

well i chainge my mind. this is rediculous.... that guy needs to re learn edicate...

Old 03-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #2097
leighton_co
exiled2earth

Quote:
selling yamaha rt3 rt360 engine and frame comes with triple trees, ignition switch, coil, rear fender, few other random items. sorry but pickup only :/ 200 bones, well worth it if you need parts seeing as how the motor turns over still enough compression to run. http://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/4334480449.html

pm me if you're interested, rt's are becoming somewhat rare.

this is a junker, just sell it as such. quit making people see this if its a scrap heap....

Old 03-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #2098
Other Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
FS - SE Michigan - '70 Moto Guzzi Eldorado 850 basket base

Gents,

This bike was manufactured in Nov. '69 as a 750 Ambassador. It was not sold until '70 and is titled that way. Sometime early in life the original motor crapped out. A new 850 engine with numbers matching the frame was shipped from Italy. A 5-speed trans and the lower ratio final drive from the 850 were also added at that time, bringing the bike to full 850 Eldorado specification with matching numbers.

The bike was ridden for about 10-15 years, then disassembled about 20 years ago and stored in a dry garage. The previous owner began restoring some of the bright work by having it stripped and rechromed. The fender trim bars, side panels, crash bars (front and rear), handlebar and some other parts are wrapped in packing paper, awaiting their return to service.

The project is complete, but completely disassembled. The fenders and tank (6-gallon) are in great shape. The frame, forks and wheels are straight. Everything is serviceable, the heads were even rebuilt before being stored. Cylinder bores look good (no flaking, they're cast iron). There are saddle bags and a fairing that go with it.

Excellent candidate for a restoration, and just the right combination of parts (850/5-speed/low-ratio rear/big tank) to be a very usable classic ride.

The whole package is priced at $1,700. I may take some trades. I'm looking for a set of BMW spoke wheels from a monoshock GS or ST (front hub drilled for dual disks, either 19 or 21" considered, rear drum brake with 4-lugs), a R80GSPD tank (the big 8.7/9.0 gallon model, small dents ok), an Acerbis 11-gallon tank (preferably paintable, either considered), a Denfeld 3/4-length police seat ... you get the theme, what do you have for my '85 BMW R80?

Pics are available, but really - it's a basket, what do you want to see? I'm located in West Bloomfield, Mich., about 25-miles NW of Detroit. My cell number is (248) 703-0662. Call, text or PM for more info. I can crate and ship anywhere in the continental US or to Canada at the buyer's cost. Pickup is also available. I take PayPay, cash, or certified funds.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 03-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #2099
eldomike
Who Cares

Oddometer: 871
pm sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Bob View Post
Gents,

This bike was manufactured in Nov. '69 as a 750 Ambassador. It was not sold until '70 and is titled that way. Sometime early in life the original motor crapped out. A new 850 engine with numbers matching the frame was shipped from Italy. A 5-speed trans and the lower ratio final drive from the 850 were also added at that time, bringing the bike to full 850 Eldorado specification with matching numbers.

The bike was ridden for about 10-15 years, then disassembled about 20 years ago and stored in a dry garage. The previous owner began restoring some of the bright work by having it stripped and rechromed. The fender trim bars, side panels, crash bars (front and rear), handlebar and some other parts are wrapped in packing paper, awaiting their return to service.

The project is complete, but completely disassembled. The fenders and tank (6-gallon) are in great shape. The frame, forks and wheels are straight. Everything is serviceable, the heads were even rebuilt before being stored. Cylinder bores look good (no flaking, they're cast iron). There are saddle bags and a fairing that go with it.

Excellent candidate for a restoration, and just the right combination of parts (850/5-speed/low-ratio rear/big tank) to be a very usable classic ride.

The whole package is priced at $1,700. I may take some trades. I'm looking for a set of BMW spoke wheels from a monoshock GS or ST (front hub drilled for dual disks, either 19 or 21" considered, rear drum brake with 4-lugs), a R80GSPD tank (the big 8.7/9.0 gallon model, small dents ok), an Acerbis 11-gallon tank (preferably paintable, either considered), a Denfeld 3/4-length police seat ... you get the theme, what do you have for my '85 BMW R80?

Pics are available, but really - it's a basket, what do you want to see? I'm located in West Bloomfield, Mich., about 25-miles NW of Detroit. My cell number is (248) 703-0662. Call, text or PM for more info. I can crate and ship anywhere in the continental US or to Canada at the buyer's cost. Pickup is also available. I take PayPay, cash, or certified funds.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 03-10-2014, 09:22 PM   #2100
dpforth
no inline fours

Oddometer: 296
Honda MB5

In need of rear wheel. Ideal candidate will include axle and spacers. I don't need the backing plate.

I'm in BC Canada if that is a factor for you.

Cheers