Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #15691
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Wild View Post
Where can I find a list of bitches, grips and complaint on tthe Super Tenere?
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809307

You could also look up any posts by wfopete.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #15692
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 698
Super Tenere resale

Anyone else feel kinda shafted by the prices dealers are selling leftover 2012s for? Looks like there are new ones out there in the mid $11k range, at least in the mid-atlantic region. Isn't this a bike that had an MSRP in the mid $14k range and gets rave reviews? I ended up paying in the low $13k and thought I got a pretty good deal. I know its winter, but still, this is a way better bike than is being reflected in the price! What the hell! Anyone who is in the market for a Tenere had better jump on it and clear these inventories out! Kind of like having a few foreclosed homes on your block...

Gundy screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 06:10 PM
Gundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #15693
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by William42 View Post
Fixed
Maybe those Raven Riders are on to something.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #15694
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy View Post
Anyone else feel kinda shafted by the prices dealers are selling leftover 2012s for? Looks like there are new ones out there in the mid $11k range, at least in the mid-atlantic region. Isn't this a bike that had an MSRP in the mid $14k range and gets rave reviews? I ended up paying in the low $13k and thought I got a pretty good deal. I know its winter, but still, this is a way better bike than is being reflected in the price! What the hell! Anyone who is in the market for a Tenere had better jump on it and clear these inventories out! Now its seller beware...
See if this makes you feel any better... They sell for $18,200 OTD here in Japan, despite being made here. I thought I got a decent deal paying $15,300 for my used 2011 with 2,500 miles on it and a grand's worth of accessories.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #15695
Happy Snapper
GOMOB.

Oddometer: 1,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6 View Post
The tank ring has some circuit in it that stops a spark from happening when the bag is connected and disconnected from the bike. A spark right there after a sloppy fill up on a hot day may not be a good thing. I am going to be putting a switch for the tank ring on the bike so I can shut it off when I am not ridding. The electrical drain this ring puts on the battery is documented elsewhere on this site. The starting problem is not a problem for me, at least not yet.
Well then.. wire it through the ignition circuit!

Never trust atoms.... they make up everything!

Read my Blog: http://snapshotsfrommark.blogspot.com.au
Happy Snapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #15696
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
See if this makes you feel any better... They sell for $18,200 OTD here in Japan, despite being made here. I thought I got a decent deal paying $15,300 for my used 2011 with 2,500 miles on it and a grand's worth of accessories.
Well, that probably takes the cake in overall dollars. I'd be on a Zuma 125 if I was over there at those prices. I think we are probably suffering the same percentage decline here though. If you paid full price for one last year you were probably somewhere north of $14k, dealer trade-in would now be $9k and on the used market you might be happy to get somewhere in between......I guess 20% depreciation isn't all that unusual in the car world, but still you would think that such a long lasting, durable bike like the S10 would hold its value a little better. They don't even break-in for 5,000 miles...or so I'm told.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #15697
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy View Post
Well, that probably takes the cake in overall dollars. I'd be on a Zuma 125 if I was over there at those prices. I think we are probably suffering the same percentage decline here though. If you paid full price for one last year you were probably somewhere north of $14k, dealer trade-in would now be $9k and on the used market you might be happy to get somewhere in between......I guess 20% depreciation isn't all that unusual in the car world, but still you would think that such a long lasting, durable bike like the S10 would hold its value a little better. They don't even break-in for 5,000 miles...or so I'm told.
A month after buying mine for 1.39 million, two different dealers offered me 900,000 yen as a trade-in for new bike. $5K drop, just like where you are. I think the bike market is pretty much in the doldrums everywhere and trade-in values have taken a big hit.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #15698
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
So where are those pics of your wife in the swimsuit on the cruise?

Dallara

~
She is so going to kill me for sharing this.......

Old 01-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #15699
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,550
Laugh Nice try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
She is so going to kill me for sharing this.......

Don't try and fool me, Pluric...

That's you at summer camp as a kid!!! I can tell by the pecs that are drooping nearly to your waist!

You can pass for an ugly woman, that's for sure!

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #15700
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,139
Quote:

You gotta' remember, I live in Corpus - Home of the Absolute Dumbest, Most Idoitic, Least Skilled, Moronic Drivers on Planet Earth!!!

~
Oh not true my friend. In DC we get the diplomats' wives & teen-age kids.
Or even worse, the locals!
And tourists.
And politicians.

Wreckchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #15701
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 8,604
Quote:
...You can pass for an ugly woman, that's for sure!

Dallara

~

You mean Pluric is not an ugly woman?

This whole time I thought...

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #15702
snakebitten
Small Town Hick

Oddometer: 941
Quote:
You guys may be right about the Rockport drivers... But at least they *SEEM* better to me.

You gotta' remember, I live in Corpus - Home of the Absolute Dumbest, Most Idoitic, Least Skilled, Moronic Drivers on Planet Earth!!!

Trust me... Any place else is an improvement!

Dallara

~
Hey, Corpus is famous for some dang good drivers. Don't they even have a Daytona 500 win?

But I gotta admit, I drive a-r-o-u-n-d Corpus every time I go see the kid in Kingsville. Closest I get is the BRIDGE. (Which is awesome now at night! Even the Naval Aircraft Carrier is part of the night light now)

Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #15703
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,950
Outsider info....
1-Is there rumor of a 2014 S10 model refresh?
2-Are there any differences from '11-'13 US models?

Hi-5's all around!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #15704
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORPRINCEJJ View Post
You mean Pluric is not an ugly woman?

This whole time I thought...

........I was fapping to a different fantasy.

Don't you hate it when that happens?
Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #15705
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,550
Laugh Corpus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
Hey, Corpus is famous for some dang good drivers. Don't they even have a Daytona 500 win?

But I gotta admit, I drive a-r-o-u-n-d Corpus every time I go see the kid in Kingsville. Closest I get is the BRIDGE. (Which is awesome now at night! Even the Naval Aircraft Carrier is part of the night light now)

Oh, yeah... And a Winston Cup National Champion (well, that's what NASCAR called it then). Both Terry and Bobby are great wheel-men.

But they're the exception, not the rule. One cop I know here used to like to say there were more people driving *WITHOUT* licenses than those with one, and I believe him!!! I've driven all over the country (and that includes Washington, D.C. and most of the East Coast as far north as New Hampshire, etc.) and I've never encountered morons like we have here. I don't want to "profile", but there may be some contributing ethnic "factors".

As for the Harbor Bridge and the U.S.S Lexington... Yes, they are two very striking and attractive landmarks, especially at night these days. Don't get me wrong, Corpus is a beautiful city... Gorgeous bay, especially when viewed doing a nice, afternoon cruise on Ocean Drive. Some wonderful architecture in the nice homes along there, too. Nice marina area. Cool aquarium. Fun art museum. It scores well on appearance on a lot of levels...

But Corpus is a bit like Pluric... You can dress him like a good-looking woman, but that doesn't make him Catherine Zeta-Jones.

And the bad, bad, bad drivers in Corpus are like a pox, plague, and cancer all combined running through its arteries...

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~

Dallara screwed with this post 01-28-2013 at 08:24 PM
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote