Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #16246
Domromer
Desert Rat

Oddometer: 1,084
Corbin seat on Tenere? Is it much wider than stock? I went out yesterday and test rode a 1200gsa and a tenere. I found the Tenere's seat to be very narrow compared to the GSA.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:35 AM   #16247
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrown View Post
think most people used to understand the flash in my part of australia
get very little response to it now apart from every trucky who still seem to signal thanks
even some bike riders seem oblivious now days
Once they get caught they'll realize why you flashed your lights.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:43 AM   #16248
Happy Snapper
GOMOB.

Oddometer: 2,052
Customer service Altrider

Hi guys.. Have altrider bars on my S10 and have clearance problems. Altrider state that you can remove the side covers with them on.

Well.... I can get the right hand side one off if I drape a towel over it as it drags across the inside of the bars. Without the towel it scratches the shit out of the paint on the cover.

The left hand cover can simply not be removed without removing the lh bar. Makes lifting the tank to service the air cleaner a pain in the arse.

Have contacted altrider a couple of times (last time a few days ago) using their website contact device re this issue.

Absolutely no reply at all.

I think I will get a local engineering works to make me a new set based on altrider a design but with more clearance.

Will cost me a bomb.... but altrider obviously know they have a problem and are going to ground on this issue. Have a fellow S10 rider here in Oz with worse problems on his bars with virtually no clearance.

Anybody else care to comment on their altrider experience?

Never trust atoms.... they make up everything!

Read my Blog: http://snapshotsfrommark.blogspot.com.au
Happy Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:00 AM   #16249
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper View Post
Hi guys.. Have altrider bars on my S10 and have clearance problems. Altrider state that you can remove the side covers with them on.

Well.... I can get the right hand side one off if I drape a towel over it as it drags across the inside of the bars. Without the towel it scratches the shit out of the paint on the cover.

The left hand cover can simply not be removed without removing the lh bar. Makes lifting the tank to service the air cleaner a pain in the arse.

Have contacted altrider a couple of times (last time a few days ago) using their website contact device re this issue.

I think I will get a local engineering works to make me a new set based on altrider a design but with more clearance.

Will cost me a bomb.... but altrider obviously know they have a problem and are going to ground on this issue. Have a fellow S10 rider here in Oz with worse problems on his bars with virtually no clearance.

Funny, I was just watching Altrider's vid on their bars in which they noted that the side panels can be removed with the bars installed. They are active on this forum, maybe posting in one of their threads would get a response. http://www.advrider.com/forums/searc...rchid=22969225
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #16250
creggur
There are no curves here.

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrown View Post
think most people used to understand the flash in my part of australia
get very little response to it now apart from every trucky who still seem to signal thanks
even some bike riders seem oblivious now days
When a bike flashes its light I almost always assume its some sort of modulator running to increase visibility (I hate those things), but if I don't catch it in time to tell whether it's the bike doing it or the rider, I slow down just in case.

Funny this came up, after I called out the cruiser folks for not participating as I had one warn me yesterday. He pointed straight up with his left index finger and twirled it around, I assumed to signify a police car's roof light. I slowed and sure enough there was a cop running a speed trap around the next bend. I'd never seen that warning before, but props to the cruiser rider that likely saved me a stop and ticket!
Originally Posted by scottie boy View Post
If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle.
creggur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #16251
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,429
I never knew about the tap your helmet signal, flashing your headlight is more common in these parts.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #16252
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,436
Quote:

I ran into the same thing on my Tenere with the AltRider bars. I replaced the left side socket head tank bolt with a regular bolt. Now I can remove the tank bolt with out removing the left side cover.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #16253
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballheadknuckle View Post
That looks nice, is it real carbon like the worldcrosser pieces or only carbon look? The price suggest that it is real carbon.

Had anyone issues with the oem panniers with this part or a modified stock heatshield?
Yes, real carbon, and I think that it goes well with the rest of the Worldcrosser kit.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #16254
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Funny, I was just watching Altrider's vid on their bars in which they noted that the side panels can be removed with the bars installed.
My bars are a little tight, but I can remove the left side cover with the bars on by rotating the cover forward as I remove it..
White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #16255
Ze_zaskar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Rear brake noise

Hi everybody

Today I was arriving home from a 120km ride when I noticed a noise from the rear end when slow speeding in the garage.
Closer examination shoed that the sound seems to come from the rear brake-disc interface, like if the pads are touching the disc or the disc itself is warped.

Any sugestions on this issue?
Ze_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #16256
webmonstro
A Aventura Continua....

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze_zaskar View Post
Hi everybody

Today I was arriving home from a 120km ride when I noticed a noise from the rear end when slow speeding in the garage.
Closer examination shoed that the sound seems to come from the rear brake-disc interface, like if the pads are touching the disc or the disc itself is warped.

Any sugestions on this issue?
ear plugs
webmonstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #16257
Ze_zaskar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmonstro View Post
ear plugs
The problem for me is not the noise itself, but rather the fact that it apeared suddently after so many silent miles
Ze_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #16258
HDFlyer76
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:

I was planning on purchasing the AltRider crash bars and skid plate. I guess I will wait to see if they can resolve your problem. I don't want bars that will not allow for the panel removal.
Honda 450x
Work hard, play harder!!
HDFlyer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #16259
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze_zaskar View Post
The problem for me is not the noise itself, but rather the fact that it apeared suddently after so many silent miles
Can you post up a noise video.?

A few things it could be.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #16260
ballheadknuckle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thagua View Post
Or try this one in fiber-carbon ... looks great and covers complete my Akra

Cheers,
Roberto
This look nice and shiny but looking more for the cut down look.
I paid a lot for the akra and dont want to hide it :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Yes, real carbon, and I think that it goes well with the rest of the Worldcrosser kit.

Yes it does look really nice, i think this is the best option :-)
ballheadknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote