Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #16381
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Are you going to do the tuning yourself?
I have the map from a forum member who owns a dyno-tuned euro spec model (same ECU as the SA spec) with similarly-configured exhaust. This bike and mine both have the Diapason flash. The Auto Tune will take care of any fine tuning. I plan on having a second map for econo settings.

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk 2

tremor38 screwed with this post 03-03-2013 at 09:18 PM
tremor38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #16382
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremor38 View Post
I have the map from a forum member who owns a dyno-tuned euro spec model (same ECU as the SA spec) with similarly-configured exhaust. This bike and mine both have the Diapason flash. The Auto Tune will take care of any fine tuning. I plan on having a second map for econo settings.
Looking forward to seeing the results, might be doing this myself later once I'm done adding on all the touring mods.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #16383
twinrider
pass the catnip

Piaa horn relocation

Added a Piaa Slim Line 500Hz sports horn. The stock location exposed the horn's mouth to rain so I relocated it using the bolt that holds the brake line bracket to the frame. Will be adding the accompanying 400 Hz horn to the right side panel after I can pick up some wiring for it.

twinrider screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 12:04 AM
Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #16384
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott123007 View Post
So what's that, about $100. per hp?
Actually, it is more like £100 ($150). It was painful. And the sad thing is, I will rarely use the extra HP. I only wanted it to remove the mid range flat spot and the low speed lumpiness to make the bike easier to ride 2 up with luggage.

Quote:
Gr8 to hear, Ray!
Sounds like the PCV and ECU reflash combo is the way to go, judging by consistently rave reviews. I have Kee's flash file in my 'bike stuph' folder and a PCV on the way. Still need an AT module to complete the package. The Arrow header has been gathering dust on a shelf, so it's time I got something done.

What are you running for an exhaust?

As stated by Twinrider. all is stock otherwise.

Quote:

You may want to check with Diapson as to whether they have removed the O2 sensor part of the program (as ECUnleashed have for US spec bikes).
As I stated some weeks ago, we (i.e. 'me') have only recently learned that ECUnleashed were unable to remove closed loop area on UK (and presumably SA) spec bikes. So the original O2 sensors may still be needed. This is why Power Commander ship the extra O2 Opimisers with their PCVs for UK spec bikes to adjust the closed loop area of the map.

Also see here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20716719

And here: http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/ind...1331#msg121331

I hope this makes sense
Old 03-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #16385
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Added a Piaa Slim Line 500Hz sports horn. The stock location exposed the horn's mouth to rain so I relocated it using the bolt that holds the brake line bracket to the frame. Will be adding the accompanying 400 Hz horn to the right side panel after I can pick up some wiring for it.

I'll be very inerested in the result. Been eyeing those same horns.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:10 AM   #16386
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git Ray View Post
Actually, it is more like £100 ($150). It was painful. And the sad thing is, I will rarely use the extra HP. I only wanted it to remove the mid range flat spot and the low speed lumpiness to make the bike easier to ride 2 up with luggage.

As stated by Twinrider. all is stock otherwise.

You may want to check with Diapson as to whether they have removed the O2 sensor part of the program (as ECUnleashed have for US spec bikes).
As I stated some weeks ago, we (i.e. 'me') have only recently learned that ECUnleashed were unable to remove closed loop area on UK (and presumably SA) spec bikes. So the original O2 sensors may still be needed. This is why Power Commander ship the extra O2 Opimisers with their PCVs for UK spec bikes to adjust the closed loop area of the map.

Also see here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20716719

And here: http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/ind...1331#msg121331

I hope this makes sense
Yessir! My Arrow header includes fittings for the OEM O2 sensors as well as a fitting for the wide-band sensor that comes with the Auto Tune module (welded on by Tabasco). Diapason keeps the closed loop area intact. An O2 Optimizer was included with the PCV I received today.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 AM   #16387
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
I'll be very inerested in the result. Been eyeing those same horns.

Looks like it's a go. Engine temp rose to about 104 on my commute but the metal panel behind the horn remained cool enough that I could keep my hand on it. Nothing interferes with it either. Will try to post up a sound vid once I install the 400hz.

The horns were a bargain at ¥3844 shipped, Amazon prime. Ordered them around noon and had them before 6pm.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #16388
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer: 1,171
Quote:
Yessir! My Arrow header includes fittings for the OEM O2 sensors as well as a fitting for the wide-band sensor that comes with the Auto Tune module (welded on by Tabasco). Diapason keeps the closed loop area intact. An O2 Optimizer was included with the PCV I received today.

Sorry, I did not know Tabasco had sorted your bike. What little knowledge I have, has been stolen from him. Please ignore my comments.

I am a bit confused though. Do the Arrow headers have 3 O2 sensor holes as the above suggests, and if so, will you be using the Auto Tune and the optimisers ?
Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #16389
Icecold Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
I got my first chance to get the bike off road this past weekend. I was down in Cheraw, SC to help out at the Sandblast Rally. I got a chance to run a few of the rally stages while we were getting it set up for the competitors. This was mostly DEEP SAND! I was very impressed with how well that big bike handled it. If it weren't for the stock Metzelers, which caused the rear end to sway wildly at times, I'd almost go as far as to say it loves sand. I ride a lot of sand on my DR where I live, so I guess I'm fairly familliar with it but the S10 did far better then I expected. I'm looking forward to wearing out these tires and fitting it with something more off tarmac biased. It sounds like the K60's are the ticket.

I did notice that the ABS seamed to get tricked into turning off. There was a fair amount of time that the dash indicator light stayed on for extended times. I remember reading something about that, but don't recall the entire discussion.

Anyway, I can't wait to get proper protection to really test the bikes limits off road. Any apprehension I had with riding this "heavy" beast off road are quickly slipping away. Great machine!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #16390
Flydream
King of the Atlantic

Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecold Dan View Post
I got my first chance to get the bike off road this past weekend. I was down in Cheraw, SC to help out at the Sandblast Rally. I got a chance to run a few of the rally stages while we were getting it set up for the competitors. This was mostly DEEP SAND! I was very impressed with how well that big bike handled it. If it weren't for the stock Metzelers, which caused the rear end to sway wildly at times, I'd almost go as far as to say it loves sand. I ride a lot of sand on my DR where I live, so I guess I'm fairly familliar with it but the S10 did far better then I expected. I'm looking forward to wearing out these tires and fitting it with something more off tarmac biased. It sounds like the K60's are the ticket.

I did notice that the ABS seamed to get tricked into turning off. There was a fair amount of time that the dash indicator light stayed on for extended times. I remember reading something about that, but don't recall the entire discussion.

Anyway, I can't wait to get proper protection to really test the bikes limits off road. Any apprehension I had with riding this "heavy" beast off road are quickly slipping away. Great machine!
We need a vídeo to prove that otherwise pluric will not believe this
Flydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #16391
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flydream View Post
We need a vídeo to prove that otherwise pluric will not believe this
I've found that sand is great to ride on when mixed right and a striped line painted
down the middle.

pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #16392
Superstar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 487
I finally got around to doing the five-cent clutch mod this weekend after putting ~800 miles on my new girl over the last few months...and WOW!

I had read all the glowing reviews of the improvement the mod makes and have to admit I was a bit skeptical that the results would be as noticeable as everyone has said they are...but I was DEAD WRONG!

It's a completely different bike. Gone are the off-idle stumbles and the need to feather the clutch to leave a stop without killing her. Gone is the hesitation at ~3500-3800RPM that previously I had to shift around. Now she is just up-and-away from stops and plows right through the previously dead spots and pulls HARD to red line through all gears.

If for any reason you have not done this mod, don't put it off any longer. I cannot over state the difference it makes in the character of this bike.
Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #16393
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Just wait until you cut the red wire. OMG!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #16394
TH
There and Here

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Just wait until you cut the red wire. OMG!
I thought it was the blue wire....
NOVA Tag-o-Rama Map
TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #16395
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH View Post
I thought it was the blue wire....
Good lord man, what is wrong with you??? Nobody talks about the blue wire on
a public site. That's closed door, back alley, I'd tell you but I'll have to kill you
kind of talk. CIA shit. Holy Grail of performance mods not for the general public. Shhhh.